Medical Journal Article - Doctor Refutes Gun Control Myths....

Thread: Medical Journal Article - Doctor Refutes Gun Control Myths....

ezkl2230 Guest

Medical Journal Article - Doctor Refutes Gun Control Myths....

It isn't necessarily a perfect repost the doctor writes, but it appears to get more right than wrong! I'm in the process of reading the entire article.

http://www.jpands.org/vol18no3/orient.pdf

While I'm sure there's probably lots of controversy on whether the government should or should not fund research on "gun violence", I really don't think it's a medical issue. CDC, AMA - stay out of it.

The only federal agency that has a dog in the fight would be DOJ - they deal with crime. That's their bailiwick.

But don't get me started on what I think about DOJ these days!

(GN hat on: ezkl, I think you meant "riposte" )
    Never argue with a red-haired witch. It wastes your breath and only delays the inevitable. --the collected sayings of Wiz Zumwalt

I read the abstract and it pissed me off, so I didn't read the rest of the article. This is exactly what a good abstract is supposed to do, let you know whether you want to read it or not. What in the world does the Center for Disease Control (CDC) have to do with firearms? Why are they sticking their big fat noses into the mix and why are they allowed to do this?
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

Quote Originally Posted by wolf_fire View Post
    I read the abstract and it pissed me off, so I didn't read the rest of the article. This is exactly what a good abstract is supposed to do, let you know whether you want to read it or not. What in the world does the Center for Disease Control (CDC) have to do with firearms? Why are they sticking their big fat noses into the mix and why are they allowed to do this?
    Or more importantly, the AMA? That's just the point the author was making, that the medical community is mixed up in this business not really for medical reasons, but for pure, blatant, political ends. And he goes on to point out the fallacies and outright bull excrement of so many purported studies.

I suppose he'll be persona non grata at every medical convention till the sun burns out.
    Never argue with a red-haired witch. It wastes your breath and only delays the inevitable. --the collected sayings of Wiz Zumwalt

Quote Originally Posted by sdprof View Post
    Or more importantly, the AMA? That's just the point the author was making, that the medical community is mixed up in this business not really for medical reasons, but for pure, blatant, political ends. And he goes on to point out the fallacies and outright bull excrement of so many purported studies.

I suppose he'll be persona non grata at every medical convention till the sun burns out.
    Well, I'm man enough to know when I'm wrong... I'll read it and comment more appropriately then.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)