Best weapon for home Self Defense - Page 8
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Best weapon for home Self Defense

Quote Originally Posted by ezkl2230 View Post
    In most instances, simply jacking a round into the chamber of a pump action shotgun is all it takes to send a BG packing.
    While many encounters might end without a single shot being fired, setting that as an expectation is plain dangerous.

You have no way of knowing how an intruder will react and putting any stock in the sound of a round chambering may very well leave you unprepared to act when it has no deterrent effect. ..

d(-.-)b
    d( -.- )b

Quote Originally Posted by ezkl2230 View Post
    You can set up your spam filter to look for the specific term, "Rich kid," and send it directly to trash.
    Not a bad idea since it is obvious he is hell-bent on trying to trash me than add to the thread. Thanks ezkl.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

4. Quote Originally Posted by s0nspark View Post
    While many encounters might end without a single shot being fired, setting that as an expectation is plain dangerous.

You have no way of knowing how an intruder will react and putting any stock in the sound of a round chambering may very well leave you unprepared to act when it has no deterrent effect. ..

d(-.-)b
    Yep, when I took my CWP class our instructor (a local LEO) asked us "Why do I carry a gun?" People answered stuff like "to protect yourself" or "to protect others (family)" or "to defend your home" and stuff like that. He said those are all correct answers, but what is the one thing all those answers have in common? His follow up was "The reason I carry a gun is to shoot another human being."

When you are out in public carrying or at your home or wherever and a situation occurs where you feel you need to draw your gun, you had damn well better have it settled in your mind that you can pull the trigger on whatever it is you may find, granted that it is a justified deadly force situation. If you are counting on certain sounds or gestures to do the "talking" for you rather than having to pull the trigger, then you obviously are not prepared for what is involved in carrying/owning a firearm for self defense.

Quote Originally Posted by wolf_fire View Post
    Not a bad idea since it is obvious he is hell-bent on trying to trash me than add to the thread. Thanks ezkl.
    Now if I could just find a way to have your idiotic comments filtered out of the threads, we could all live happily ever after.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678