Buying a Range Rental Gun?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Buying a Range Rental Gun?

Question Buying a Range Rental Gun?

Would you buy a range rental gun, or wait 5-6 months (maybe) for a new one?

Sent from my SCH-R530U using USA Carry mobile app

Depends if they have a gunsmth that would verify it wasn't abused.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using USA Carry mobile app

4. Is it about price or availability? Range guns get the most use.... My I suggest looking on gunbroker.com? I have had excellent luck finding guns there for a great price.

5. I would not. Range guns are typically used by novices and or by people testing a gun out and get abused. I personally never buy a used gun. I like to break my guns in myself.

Quote Originally Posted by bisbob View Post
    Would you buy a range rental gun, or wait 5-6 months (maybe) for a new one?

Depends if they would let me break it down, depends on the discounted price they were going to give me, depends on whether I could shoot it first, and it would depend on the model.

Can you be more specific?
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

It's a S&W 686+, and I have already shot it and love it.

I think you would have to be out of your mind to buy a range rental revolver. It makes me cringe to see the way rental guns are treated.

Quote Originally Posted by bisbob View Post
    It's a S&W 686+, and I have already shot it and love it.

It's really difficult to be hard on a revolver to the point that it would need major work. If the hammer pull feels good, the cylinder turns freely, and the trigger pull feels great and you are getting a good discount on it being a really used gun, then I would say go for it.

Personally, the 686 + is a great gun. It gives you the option of .357, .38, and .38+. And you get 7 shots instead of the normal 6. I've only heard one problem and that was an ammo thing, not a gun thing. Magtech .357's expanded and the casings were difficult to remove and left much powder residue. I haven't experienced that, I have only read that.

At worst, you replace a few springs and the firing pin, at best you don't.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

Range gun

Condition condition condition, price price price if its in the type of shape you desire and mechanically sound compared to price. Why not
    FUNNY HOW PEOPLE ALWAYS WANT THE TRUTH AS LONG AS IT'S WHAT THEY WANT TO HEAR

I would ask them how much they would be willing to pay you for a used gun of that model before discussing buying one. Then use that as leverage. I agree, a revolver has fewer moving parts, and is less likely to be in the "abused" category. The comment about the range having an armorer/gunsmith that maintains their rentals is also a good point.
    Chief

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast