Fallout from another shooting.
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Fallout from another shooting.

Thumbs up Fallout from another shooting.

After the most recent shooting at the Washington Navy Yard, I thought we would hear the normal cry for gun control. However, I was pleasantly surprised to hear a community activist actually state that the citizens need to be able to protect themselves more than ever. Gun control would not have kept this tragedy (or any other from happening). I'm glad to hear that some are realizing that we need to be able to protect ourselves and those we love.

The only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun. People who are anti-gun are starting to realize that.
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Certified RSO
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider is chaos to the fly.

It appears he was considered a "good guy with a gun" on at least two prior occasions.

Alexis was previously arrested on May 6, 2004, in Seattle for shooting out the tires of another man's vehicle in what he later described as "an anger-fueled 'blackout,'" according to the Seattle Police Department.
    He told police he could not remember firing his gun at the man's car until an hour after the incident.

Apparently on at least two prior occasions, he was considered a "good guy with a gun" (assuming the reported incidents set forth below are accurate):

Alexis was also arrested on Sept. 4, 2010, by Fort Worth police after he was accused of recklessly discharging a firearm inside the limits of a municipality, according to the Tarrant County District Attorney's Office.
    "It was determined that Alexis was cleaning a gun in his apartment when it accidentally went off," the DA's office said in a statement. "A bullet entered an apartment upstairs. No one was injured."
    After reviewing the case, the DA's office did not file a case.

Quote Originally Posted by nogods View Post
    It appears he was considered a "good guy with a gun" on at least two prior occasions.

Alexis was previously arrested on May 6, 2004, in Seattle for shooting out the tires of another man's vehicle in what he later described as "an anger-fueled 'blackout,'" according to the Seattle Police Department.
    He told police he could not remember firing his gun at the man's car until an hour after the incident.

Apparently on at least two prior occasions, he was considered a "good guy with a gun" (assuming the reported incidents set forth below are accurate):

Alexis was also arrested on Sept. 4, 2010, by Fort Worth police after he was accused of recklessly discharging a firearm inside the limits of a municipality, according to the Tarrant County District Attorney's Office.
    "It was determined that Alexis was cleaning a gun in his apartment when it accidentally went off," the DA's office said in a statement. "A bullet entered an apartment upstairs. No one was injured."
    After reviewing the case, the DA's office did not file a case.
    I wouldn't call either one of those cases a "good guy with a gun" case.
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Certified RSO
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider is chaos to the fly.

Quote Originally Posted by gmwest View Post
    After the most recent shooting at the Washington Navy Yard, I thought we would hear the normal cry for gun control. However, I was pleasantly surprised to hear a community activist actually state that the citizens need to be able to protect themselves more than ever. Gun control would not have kept this tragedy (or any other from happening). I'm glad to hear that some are realizing that we need to be able to protect ourselves and those we love.
    Just wait it's going to start.
    Certified NRA Firearms Instructor
    Oklahoma SDA Instructor
    Utah CCW Instructor

Didn't he read the sign, it was a "Gun Free Zone"

coincidence that all these mass shooting only happen in gun free zones... I think not.

It's too bad that the politicians only recognize an officer in uniform as the only qualified "Good Guy" with a gun.

I am sick of the wall to wall coverage of these shooting already. I was struck by the fact that DHS came out immediately that it was not a terrorist attack. They did not know anything but made a statement like that!

It will be a matter of time before they blame it on the TEA Party, NRA, Conservatives and all pro-gun groups! The "antis" suffered a big set back in Colorado. Now they will use this to recharge their cause. They have no shame. They will use the deaths of anyone to get what they want.

Remember the Wellstone memorial. The libs did everything but stand on his coffin to spew their bilge!

ezkl2230 Guest
    CNN is reporting that police are investigating the possibility that the shooter got his m4 from one of the officers he shot. It may have been a select fire.

EDITED: NO M4 USED IN THE SHOOTING!!! FBI Washington field assistant director Valerie Parlave:

“At this time, we believe that Mr. Alexis entered Building 197 at the Navy Yard with a shotgun. We do not have any information, at this time, that he had an AR-15 in his possession. We also believe that Mr. Alexis may have gained access to a handgun once inside the facility and after he began shooting. Mr. Alexis had legitimate access to the Navy Yard as a result of his work as a contractor; and he utilized a valid pass to gain entry to the building.”

Quote Originally Posted by S&W645 View Post
    I wouldn't call either one of those cases a "good guy with a gun" case.
    Apparently, if those events actually occurred (I remain skeptical because of how fast they were dug up by the media) law enforcement didn't think he was a bad guy with a gun in those instances.

Lord help those families who lost someone today.while driving today I listened to several different stations and every interview started with were you scared(REALLY GUYS)!!!!Followed by what did he look like and what kind of guns long guns hand guns, how many, did he look like he could shoot(haven't quite figured that one out yet?) was he aiming or just shooting and so on.what I'm getting at is its coming I think they just don't know how to spin it yet.REALLY HOPE I'M WRONG

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast