Can someone explain to me.... - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can someone explain to me....

1. People just have so much fear these days. It's weird you cant get people to understand that gun-free is a big neon sign saying come here and shoot all you want. I keep telling people you are scared of EVIL not guns. You are trying to rid evil and it will never happen. [/FONT=Georgia

3. YES!! That is it and they just can't grasp that.

Quote Originally Posted by telpinaro View Post
    Fear. Plain and simple. They don't understand guns, and they've got politicians shoving meaningless numbers into their heads. They're afraid of what they don't understand, so of course they don't want guns anywhere near them. No sane person would ever want a gun! Some of them might actually be smart people who just plain don't have any exposure to real information. So they just go with what they know.

Just read something earlier today... turns out people will actually see data based on what they believe. And the smarter they are, the more they will skew data to look like what they think it should be! All without realizing it. I'll look for the link and edit if I find it... saw it on Facebook this morning, posted by one of the Science pages I follow.
    The only problem with that... Feinstein was a gun carrier long before her war on guns.

Add to that, the photoshopped picture of Obama holding a rifle.

Add to that, Biden knows how to stop criminals by using a double barreled shotgun and illegally shooting it into the air in DE so he is disarmed by the time the BG actually gets into his house.

Oh wait... I think I just proved someone's point there.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

To the OP... I am a teacher. There is only one place I actually fear going to and that is the school that I work at. We have a sign at the door that says "Drug Free Zone"... yet the counselors have drug testing equipment. Just because we put on paper words that a place is a ___fill_in_the_blank___ free zone, doesn't make it so. One school I taught at there was a gang war between the Koreans and the Blacks for control of the drug market. About every 1 1/2 weeks or so there was a gang fight. The security in that school even confessed that at any given time there were probably 200-250 guns in that school, and this is with metal detectors at the front door. They then come in through the side-door.

I've thought long and hard about how I would handle a crazed gunman in my school and how I would protect the students that are in my care. Unfortunately, I see a lot of bloodshed in every scenario I envision except if I were allowed to carry and others as well. Then there would only be a little bloodshed.

GFZ's have one purpose... to control those who wish to exercise their 2A rights. GFZ's are created by those that think a piece of metal is evil and diabolical and not just a tool. GFZ's are the places that these folk create so that we have situations like: Columbine, Aurora Theater, Virginia Tech, Sandy Hook, and others. Then they use these incidents to further their agenda of nullifying the 2A.

It's actually not stupidity on their part, it is nefarious genius. This is why we need to fight longer, harder, and with more conviction if we wish to preserve our right.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

Quote Originally Posted by wolf_fire View Post
    The only problem with that... Feinstein was a gun carrier long before her war on guns.

Add to that, the photoshopped picture of Obama holding a rifle.

Add to that, Biden knows how to stop criminals by using a double barreled shotgun and illegally shooting it into the air in DE so he is disarmed by the time the BG actually gets into his house.

Oh wait... I think I just proved someone's point there.
    lol Yeah, politicians know better. They just don't want us to have guns.
    Modern Whig
    "Government is not meant to burden Liberty but rather to secure it." -T.J. O'Hara

Thomas Jefferson wrote- "Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry."

I find it interesting that politicians are required by law to be protected by armed guards in gun free zones, but where civilians are concerned, gun free zones with no armed protection are required by law. The reasoning is at least bizarre. Bizarre is one of my favorite words of late. I get a sick feeling when I think it is possible that gun free zones may have been created by gun control advocates as a tactic to make their case to remove weapons from citizens seem like a reasonable alternative to the slaughter of helpless civilians in the gun free zones. Just a thought.
    Last edited by wallyb; 09-17-2013 at 09:56 AM. Reason: Confusing sentence corrected, I hope.
    "I, sitting at my desk, certainly had the authorities to wiretap anyone, from you, or your accountant, to a federal judge, to even the President if I had a personal email". -American Patriot Edward Snowden

The situation in which this country presently finds itself would be very different if the elite were not exempt from laws which we are forced to obey. Does anyone believe that the wealthy and famous would support gun control if they were not allowed to have armed guards or personal firearms? Imagine if politicians, Bill Gates, George Soros, Bloomberg, Charles Schumer, any of the Hollywood stars, and many other elite personalities were not allowed to be armed or have armed guards. There are many special people who are now exempt from Obama Care. Congress has exempted themselves from laws on insider trading. They have structured the laws on bribery and extortion so that can evade them. Obviously there is no stigma when it comes to libel, slander, or just ordinary lies.

This kind of double standard has no place in a republic. The founders never wanted a political class that behaves as if it is a class of nobility protected by "divine right". These political hacks are destroying the middle class since it Is our wealth that they are redistributing in order to ensure their job security. We have a Bill Of Rights to protect the people from an all powerful, tyrannical government. And we have a political aristocracy trying to eliminate or seriously limit our rights and establish an oligarchy. It is a natural tendency of government to expand its power. But it is a right of the people, actually a duty, to eliminate a tyranny.

Gun free zones = criminal playgrounds. There is no logic in the anti-gunners thinking. In Chicago, they want to implement "safe streets" for children to go to school. "Safe streets"? Give me a break, sounds like their kids will be running the gauntlet.
    "Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword, obviously never encountered automatic weapons" General MacArthur

Instead of "Gun Free Zone" the sign should read "Open Season On Humans Zone".

It almost appears as if there are politicians who are trying to make this country safer for criminals to work at their chosen profession. By placing so many restrictions on the use of force in self defense and the legal possession of firearms they are giving an advantage to thugs who prey on the innocent.

There can only be a few logical reasons for this. They want to be totally make citizens dependent on government for protection; and of course it isn't capable of protectIng IndIvIduals. The other choice is that many politicians have multiple criminal tendencies and identify more with the criminals than hard working Americans. Too many politicians think that they're special. I contend that in reality they are actually a lower form of life, like thugs, who are totally lacking in morality, honesty, honor, or compassion. There are exceptions but very few.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12