Can someone explain to me....
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can someone explain to me....

Can someone explain to me....

...... how some people think that "gun-free zones" are acceptable forms of "protection" and the mere thought of teachers, CITIZENS, etc carrying guns is absurd and down right SHOCKING if they even see so much as a glimpse of a gun.

Yet I can guarantee they are all ok with armored truck drivers carrying a weapon. Why is that? Is the money they are delivering more valuable and worthy of protection than life itself?

3. There's only one reason I may think of; blatant stupidity.
    I'm a firm believer in two term limits for all politicians; one in office, the other in prison.

In creating more places for mentally challenged to go shoot-up and not meet resistance they are creating more examples to motivate the common sheeople of the need for stricter gun control.

Blog Entries
    I have yet to understand the logic myself, but coming from those who will throw away unborn lives while protecting rapists and murderers I can believe they have no end to the twisty logic
    My way is not better, it is just mine, your way is not better, it is just yours.
    Carry what your comfortable with, there is no "Supergun" Carry how your comfortable, open or concealed, so you have it with you when you need it

I've actually asked a few people(utopians) over time that very question.all of them except one gave the same answer in a round about way.the reason being that because some of us law abiding citizens(or in there eyes the real criminals)yep that's right boys and girls because we carry get this,they go to those places and commit these hannas acts.the other one just flipped me of.A scary but true story.I'm not even sure how to answer these people.
    FUNNY HOW PEOPLE ALWAYS WANT THE TRUTH AS LONG AS IT'S WHAT THEY WANT TO HEAR

Fear. Plain and simple. They don't understand guns, and they've got politicians shoving meaningless numbers into their heads. They're afraid of what they don't understand, so of course they don't want guns anywhere near them. No sane person would ever want a gun! Some of them might actually be smart people who just plain don't have any exposure to real information. So they just go with what they know.

Just read something earlier today... turns out people will actually see data based on what they believe. And the smarter they are, the more they will skew data to look like what they think it should be! All without realizing it. I'll look for the link and edit if I find it... saw it on Facebook this morning, posted by one of the Science pages I follow.

Aha... found it: http://www.livescience.com/39643-do-...51462711978824
    Last edited by telpinaro; 09-17-2013 at 08:58 AM. Reason: Found link
    Modern Whig
    "Government is not meant to burden Liberty but rather to secure it." -T.J. O'Hara

8. Quote Originally Posted by telpinaro View Post
    Fear. Plain and simple. They don't understand guns, and they've got politicians shoving meaningless numbers into their heads. They're afraid of what they don't understand, so of course they don't want guns anywhere near them. No sane person would ever want a gun! Some of them might actually be smart people who just plain don't have any exposure to real information. So they just go with what they know.

Just read something earlier today... turns out people will actually see data based on what they believe. And the smarter they are, the more they will skew data to look like what they think it should be! All without realizing it. I'll look for the link and edit if I find it... saw it on Facebook this morning, posted by one of the Science pages I follow.
    Also known as, "Fox in charge of the chicken coup". Oh they realize what they are doing, alright.
    I'm a firm believer in two term limits for all politicians; one in office, the other in prison.

Its not about logic or public safety, they would pass a law that no guns are allowed on the moon given the chance.

10. Gun Free zones = the land of happy thoughts, rainbows and unicorns.

Go Seahawks!

Quote Originally Posted by Happypuppy View Post
    Gun Free zones = the land of happy thoughts, rainbows and unicorns.

Go Seahawks!
    Oooooooh! Where? I want a unicorn!!

LMAO
    Modern Whig
    "Government is not meant to burden Liberty but rather to secure it." -T.J. O'Hara

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast