Pink Bullets?!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pink Bullets?!

Pink Bullets?!

Oh wow... they now have pink ammunition: Hornady .38 Special Critical Defense Lite Ammo

I think I'd be offended if I wasn't so amused: they're "low recoil" at 90 grain. Apparently women can't handle more? F that. Plus, what if a guy has arthritis and wants less recoil, and gets stuck with pink bullets? I assume there's other low recoil options out there, but still.

Never liked pink guns to begin with... just not for me. Never been much of a "girly-girl" I suppose!

Now someone's going to tell me this is nothing new and I've been under a rock all my life.
    Modern Whig
    "Government is not meant to burden Liberty but rather to secure it." -T.J. O'Hara

Quote Originally Posted by telpinaro View Post
    Now someone's going to tell me this is nothing new and I've been under a rock all my life.
    Yep. Federal's been making pink shotgun shells, to support breast cancer research for years. My best friends mom passed away from breast cancer while we were in high school so I always pick up a case when I find em. I could give a damn that they're pink, if somebody thinks they're too macho to support cancer research over a color, that's more their problem than mine.

Think about this. While a bad guy is laughing his butt off at a pink gun, he can't be doing anything to harm you while you shoot him.
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Certified RSO
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider is chaos to the fly.

I, too, don't like pink guns...or purple, or red. They look too much like toy guns for my taste. That being said, I have purchased pink shotgun shells for my husband (the duck hunter) because I, too, have a family member who died from breast cancer. I don't have a .38 but if I did, I would purchase Hornady's pink bullets, if they are being sold to support breast cancer research.
    "Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword, obviously never encountered automatic weapons" General MacArthur

It is a good cause... I'm guessing that's what these are for. If they'd made them with higher grain, I'd get them if they were for breast cancer. I have a friend who recently became a survivor of that :)

I am sorry for your losses.
    Modern Whig
    "Government is not meant to burden Liberty but rather to secure it." -T.J. O'Hara

Quote Originally Posted by telpinaro View Post
    Oh wow... they now have pink ammunition: Hornady .38 Special Critical Defense Lite Ammo

I think I'd be offended if I wasn't so amused: they're "low recoil" at 90 grain. Apparently women can't handle more? F that. Plus, what if a guy has arthritis and wants less recoil, and gets stuck with pink bullets? I assume there's other low recoil options out there, but still.

Never liked pink guns to begin with... just not for me. Never been much of a "girly-girl" I suppose!

You're hilarious!
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

well.... if it gets your lady to carry. That's great. But I also support Breast Cancer research. Either way, shoot a bad guy with a pink bullet, it still stops the threat !!

Maybe I am color blind, but I am not seeing pink bullets there. Just pink ink on the cardboard box they come in.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

10. Pink Bullets?!

I bought 200 shells from federal and they're pink. I don't care what color it is, if its cheap and for a good cause I'm down and if there is a bad guy on the receiving end of that 38 I think the only pink he will notice is his guts afterward. Haha.

11. I bought my wife a pink Taurus .380 TCP. We feel that offers her a great advantage. If she is ever attacked and she pulls her gun on the criminal our theory is that once he starts laughing at it, it will make it easier for her to shoot him with it.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast