Starbucks' CEO makes a "respectful request that customers no longer bring firearms." - Page 10
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 101

Thread: Starbucks' CEO makes a "respectful request that customers no longer bring firearms."

  1. #91
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Louisville Ky.
    Posts
    1,043
    Quote Originally Posted by kennyredhill View Post
    Ten seconds of google searching reveals some people you all should be pissed at. What's the mentality of someone who thinks that Starbucks would appreciate you taking a selfie with your gun in their store?:

    Attachment 10383Attachment 10384Attachment 10385

    If I was the CEO I would have posted every store in the franchise the day this happened
    What morons. No wonder Starbucks back tracked.

  2.   
  3. #92
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    Posts
    7,415
    Quote Originally Posted by kennyredhill View Post
    No the irony is that you post such and have th eballs to call anyone else in the world a poser
    Are you under the mistaken impression that I called you a poser somewhere on these forums? When I did use the word recently, it was not in relation to OC, Starbucks or you in any way, shape, manner or form. It was in relation to dismissals of a person's whom I knew personally affliction with a severe case of PTSD. I implied the OP of a completely different thread in a different sub-forum was a "poser" for the bilge he was spewing with obviously no personal experience to draw from.

    Sorry if you thought that was out of line in context to the discussion that was going on, but I must say also that I'm a bit surprised that you would take such offense at a couple or three Caucasians going at each other. One might expect that you would take pleasure in it, what with your short, though prolific, history here so far.

    Just so you know Giant Chip On His Shoulder, OC became legal where I live about a month ago. I'll get around to it, but in the meantime, there is nothing "poser-like" or hypocritical or inconsistent with my fully supporting others' right to carry any damn well they please. It shouldn't take "balls" to exercise one's rights, it should just take a desire and decision to do it, and though I have yet to take advantage of it, I do have the ability to for the first time since 1901 in this state. It's not the very first thing I think about when I get dressed every morning with a concealed weapon as part of my wardrobe, just like it has been for over 30 years, but 30+ year old habits die hard, so like I said, I'll get around to it. I'll be sure to let you know when I do, since you're apparently so interested in how I dress.

    I even support your right to carry any damn way you please, but any support I might be able to provide you would apparently be unwanted because 520+ years ago Christopher Columbus landed on the shores of the freakin' West Indies.

    So "we" are not "your" people, you resent and oppose the founding of the US of A, the laws of which this site is devoted in large part to preserving and expanding for gun owners and gun rights advocates and activists, in only 35 posts you have established a strong pattern of displaying that chip on your shoulder at every conceivable opportunity, all of which begs the question; why are you here?

    Blues
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

  4. #93
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    The Lowcountry of South Carolina
    Posts
    2,039

  5. #94
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Pasco, Washington, United States
    Posts
    6,271
    I'm still betting 10 : 1 odds the pictures, with the exception of the man holding the shotgun, are horribly misguided conceal carriers or non carriers.

    Sent from my HTCONE using USA Carry mobile app
    “One of the illusions of life is that the present hour is not the critical, decisive one.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson

  6. #95
    Quote Originally Posted by Warrior1256 View Post
    What morons. No wonder Starbucks back tracked.
    Exactly! SB or any business is in business for one purpose, to make money. When their business is used as a soapbox for some agenda (doesn't really matter what the issue is), the business can easily eliminate the disruption to their business by exercising their property rights.

    It is a business decision, nothing more.
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” ― Steven Weinberg

  7. #96
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Pasco, Washington, United States
    Posts
    6,271
    Quote Originally Posted by XD40scinNC View Post
    Exactly! SB or any business is in business for one purpose, to make money. When their business is used as a soapbox for some agenda (doesn't really matter what the issue is), the business can easily eliminate the disruption to their business by exercising their property rights.

    It is a business decision, nothing more.
    How does that fit in to the fact they made record sales the days anti guns boycotted and gun owners showed up to show their support?

    Sent from my HTCONE using USA Carry mobile app
    “One of the illusions of life is that the present hour is not the critical, decisive one.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson

  8. #97
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    The Lowcountry of South Carolina
    Posts
    2,039
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefighterchen View Post
    How does that fit in to the fact they made record sells the days anti guns boycotted and gun owners showed up to show their support?
    Really?!? It's called marketing. If there was an anti-beef rally at burger king, people would show up. People showing up is the first thing required for a business to turn a profit.
    -
    What does Starbucks have to do with gun rights? NOTHING! Other than the fact that people on each side chose that as a place of gathering to voice their opinions.
    Chief

  9. #98
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Pasco, Washington, United States
    Posts
    6,271
    Quote Originally Posted by whodat2710 View Post
    Really?!? It's called marketing. If there was an anti-beef rally at burger king, people would show up. People showing up is the first thing required for a business to turn a profit.
    -
    What does Starbucks have to do with gun rights? NOTHING! Other than the fact that people on each side chose that as a place of gathering to voice their opinions.
    I went back and bolded the part of the post I was responding about. If a company is there for one thing, money, it wouldn't make sense to ban the people who gave you record sales. Rights were not addressed in the post you quoted.

    Sent from my HTCONE using USA Carry mobile app
    “One of the illusions of life is that the present hour is not the critical, decisive one.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson

  10. #99
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    The Lowcountry of South Carolina
    Posts
    2,039
    Quote Originally Posted by XD40scinNC View Post
    Exactly! SB or any business is in business for one purpose, to make money. When their business is used as a soapbox for some agenda (doesn't really matter what the issue is), the business can easily eliminate the disruption to their business by exercising their property rights. It is a business decision, nothing more.
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefighterchen View Post
    I went back and bolded the part of the post I was responding about. If a company is there for one thing, money, it wouldn't make sense to ban the people who gave you record sales. Rights were not addressed in the post you quoted.
    Sure they were, the rights of a capitalist to make money were addressed. Why would a business owner "exercise his property rights" and ban guns? No matter what he believes personally, that would hurt his bottom line. If the CEO was a politician, then making a stand for what he believes in would make sense. As a CEO, what he did was keep people from dropping stock in his company like it was infected with the plague. He made a "request" even knowing that it held no legal and binding consequences. He appeased the gun grabbers while still maintaining neutrality with gun-rights people who know that a request is not a law.
    Chief

  11. #100
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Pasco, Washington, United States
    Posts
    6,271
    Quote Originally Posted by whodat2710 View Post
    Sure they were, the rights of a capitalist to make money were addressed. Why would a business owner "exercise his property rights" and ban guns? No matter what he believes personally, that would hurt his bottom line. If the CEO was a politician, then making a stand for what he believes in would make sense. As a CEO, what he did was keep people from dropping stock in his company like it was infected with the plague. He made a "request" even knowing that it held no legal and binding consequences. He appeased the gun grabbers while still maintaining neutrality with gun-rights people who know that a request is not a law.
    I'm not sure where you are going with this.

    Why would they ban guns? Because he didn't wants guns in his store, with no thought to his bottom line. If the decision to allow guns in his store or not was determined based on capitalism, they would not have banned the source of his highest profitable days.

    As you said, people will show up, either way. If anti guns sold sbx stock, and sbx remained following the law and no more, gun owners would have bought those stock.

    I do not see how requesting, banning, or passing laws is considered remaining neutral. Do you still feel they are gun neutral?

    Sent from my HTCONE using USA Carry mobile app
    “One of the illusions of life is that the present hour is not the critical, decisive one.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast