Starbucks' CEO makes a "respectful request that customers no longer bring firearms." - Page 5
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Starbucks' CEO makes a "respectful request that customers no longer bring firearms."

ezkl2230 Guest
    As I posted on another thread, I fully support the right to OC even though I personally choose to CC. Still, photos like this one probably had more than a little to do with his decision. These guys don't exactly help our cause. This photo was posted on bearingarms.com.

Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    Quote Originally Posted by kennyredhill View Post
    Yup, we are sometimes our own worst enemy. The overzealous open-carriers pushed their beliefs into the faces of too many people, too many times and StarBucks took this stance. I find it sad that we did this to ourselves. I know many businesses locally that do not care about CC in their businesses, but do tend to frown on Open-Carry due to the soccer-moms and such that also do their business there. So, maybe this will be a lesson to us all.....common-sense cannot be legislated.
    Maybe since some are offended by the way you exercise your 1st Amendment rights, you shouldn't do it out here in public. What's the difference?
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

4. Quote Originally Posted by BluesStringer View Post
    Maybe since some are offended by the way you exercise your 1st Amendment rights, you shouldn't do it out here in public. What's the difference?
    My first amendment rights don't walk into a coffe shop with a shotgun in their hands

Ten seconds of google searching reveals some people you all should be pissed at. What's the mentality of someone who thinks that Starbucks would appreciate you taking a selfie with your gun in their store?:

Attachment 10383Attachment 10384Attachment 10385

If I was the CEO I would have posted every store in the franchise the day this happened
    These pictures do not represent open carriers. I'd assume, these are normally concealed carries or new gun owners being irresponsible.

Even markedguardian, one of people others use to demonize, is smart enough to not walk around with his rifle in his hands.

Sent from my HTCONE using USA Carry mobile app
    “One of the illusions of life is that the present hour is not the critical, decisive one.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson

My first amendment rights don't walk into a coffe shop with a shotgun in their hands
    Well, I've heard that the pen is mightier than the sword, so other than that, what you have in your hands when penning your opinions under the 1st Amendment could be just as dangerous to gun owners as what they have in their hands while exercising their rights under the 2nd.

That said, I'm not at all impressed with a shotgunner who thinks holding his weapon in basically the low-ready position inside what might be a crowded business establishment either. He's a fool. So also is a fool though, anyone who takes that minuscule anecdotal example and paints the entire gun owning and/or open carrying community with sharing in his foolishness.

That is the very common tactic of leftist anti-gunners, whether Caucasian or otherwise.

Blues
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

7. Quote Originally Posted by Firefighterchen View Post
    These pictures do not represent open carriers. I'd assume, these are normally concealed carries or new gun owners being irresponsible.

Even markedguardian, one of people others use to demonize, is smart enough to not walk around with his rifle in his hands.

Little Bighorn doesn’t represent normal White / Native American interactions but it sure is what people remember

Little Bighorn doesn’t represent normal White / Native American interactions but it sure is what people remember
    You should get over your own stereotypes, it's borderline racism..

“One of the illusions of life is that the present hour is not the critical, decisive one.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson

9. Quote Originally Posted by Firefighterchen View Post
    You should get over your own racism.

6 million Jews died in the holocaust, the Jews say never forget, never again and it’s prudent. 10 million of my people die and when I say the same thing it’s racist. Got it.

10. Quote Originally Posted by BluesStringer View Post
    Well, I've heard that the pen is mightier than the sword, so other than that, what you have in your hands when penning your opinions under the 1st Amendment could be just as dangerous to gun owners as what they have in their hands while exercising their rights under the 2nd.

That said, I'm not at all impressed with a shotgunner who thinks holding his weapon in basically the low-ready position inside what might be a crowded business establishment either. He's a fool. So also is a fool though, anyone who takes that minuscule anecdotal example and paints the entire gun owning and/or open carrying community with sharing in his foolishness.

That is the very common tactic of leftist anti-gunners, whether Caucasian or otherwise.

Blues
    I’m very pro second amendment man, I just wish we had it in 1492

I’m very pro second amendment man, I just wish we had it in 1492
    Oh, you mean when Columbus hit the shores of the West Indies?

Besides, you did have arms. You just lost. Not that that justifies any of the atrocities that Native Americans have suffered at the hands of the American government, but it's a truism of history that to the victors go the spoils. "Your" people practiced the exact same truism throughout history against people who looked just like yours and their ancestors, just as African blacks sold hundreds of thousands of their black-skinned brothers and sisters into slavery and enjoyed the spoils of their conquests.

But oh well, you've got a brobdingnagian chip on your shoulder, so no calm, thoughtful, truth-based discussion with you is going to be helpful or informative.

Congrats. You're the first to earn your way onto my ignore list in only two replies.

Blues

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast