Starbucks' CEO makes a "respectful request that customers no longer bring firearms." - Page 9
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 101

Thread: Starbucks' CEO makes a "respectful request that customers no longer bring firearms."

  1. #81
    I agree with andeyhall I cant think of a single reason to carry a rifle into starbucks or any other overpriced coffee shop or restaurant .. unless its deer season and I'm walking to my stand and just have to have a mochalatte. all this does is give more ammunition to the ant gun cidiots to point to and say" see they are gun crazy"

  2.   
  3. #82
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    Posts
    7,414
    Quote Originally Posted by AndeyHall View Post
    Blues, all I can say is we're going to have to agree to disagree.
    I agree to nothing. If I disagree with someone, I don't "agree" to it, I continue to disagree until I'm given a reason not to. I also articulate my reasons for the disagreement. I honestly don't think I stick like glue to trivial issues. If it's trivial, I'll leave it alone. If it's important though, and what makes it important is a deep belief and conviction in certain principles, then yeah, I'm going to respond each time those principles are challenged or left unresolved. And so.....

    Quote Originally Posted by AndeyHall View Post
    Although I doubt either sides of our argument are anymore right than the other....
    ....I guess you're sticking with the following because, as you say, neither "side" of our argument is anymore right than the other:

    Cops have every right to get an attitude with you and get in your face when they wanna ask you questions.
    I'm here to tell you that you are wrong about that on several levels.

    I started to write (another) well-reasoned post on why you're wrong about it, but nothing you've said suggests that you're ready or willing to consider it. All I can say is that if you take that attitude into your career as a cop, you will just be another (of many) example of what many Americans detest and distrust about LE these days. Your "doubts" that, "...either sides of our argument are anymore right than the other...." is indicative of the lack of introspection and empathy for citizens' rights that WAY too many cops display on a daily basis.

    I guess all I can really say is that I wish you good luck in your career, but wish even more good luck on the public upon which you will be turned loose after having that "anything-a-cop-wanna-do-is-fine-by-me" attitude thoroughly inculcated in you.

    I personally will never "agree to disagree" with such jack-booted-thuggishness that that one sentence reveals. I will disagree with, and oppose it, until the day I die.

    Blues
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

  4. #83
    Quote Originally Posted by AndeyHall View Post
    I think OCing an AR-15 is ruining the image of legitimate OCers. It's a childish way to prove a point. People like that are fighting the other side's battle for them.
    Even worse, he is handling the weapon, because it appears he does not even have a sling. What would the reaction be if anyone walked into any business with a handgun in their hand?

    This is a huge "look at me" statement if the gun was slung over his chest or back, but in his hands These "look at me" stunts are why the CEO wrote the letter.
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” ― Steven Weinberg

  5. #84
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    The Lowcountry of South Carolina
    Posts
    2,039
    Quote Originally Posted by XD40scinNC View Post
    Even worse, he is handling the weapon, because it appears he does not even have a sling. What would the reaction be if anyone walked into any business with a handgun in their hand?

    This is a huge "look at me" statement if the gun was slung over his chest or back, but in his hands These "look at me" stunts are why the CEO wrote the letter.
    If I had to do a profile on that picture alone, I would say that the guy bought the gun early this when there was the threat of another ban. He paid too much for it. He got the idea from a guy at work, which is also where he heard about there being an OC event at Starbucks, but he has no clue what he is doing other than the fact that it is legal and he wants someone to challenge him on it. AND... for a woman carrier, she has an ugly holster.
    Chief

  6. Quote Originally Posted by BluesStringer View Post
    I agree to nothing. If I disagree with someone, I don't "agree" to it, I continue to disagree until I'm given a reason not to. I also articulate my reasons for the disagreement. I honestly don't think I stick like glue to trivial issues. If it's trivial, I'll leave it alone. If it's important though, and what makes it important is a deep belief and conviction in certain principles, then yeah, I'm going to respond each time those principles are challenged or left unresolved. And so.....



    ....I guess you're sticking with the following because, as you say, neither "side" of our argument is anymore right than the other:



    I'm here to tell you that you are wrong about that on several levels.

    I started to write (another) well-reasoned post on why you're wrong about it, but nothing you've said suggests that you're ready or willing to consider it. All I can say is that if you take that attitude into your career as a cop, you will just be another (of many) example of what many Americans detest and distrust about LE these days. Your "doubts" that, "...either sides of our argument are anymore right than the other...." is indicative of the lack of introspection and empathy for citizens' rights that WAY too many cops display on a daily basis.

    I guess all I can really say is that I wish you good luck in your career, but wish even more good luck on the public upon which you will be turned loose after having that "anything-a-cop-wanna-do-is-fine-by-me" attitude thoroughly inculcated in you.

    I personally will never "agree to disagree" with such jack-booted-thuggishness that that one sentence reveals. I will disagree with, and oppose it, until the day I die.

    Blues
    Forgive me for not including this in that sentence that you are losing sleep over, but no, cops do not have the right to walk up to you out of the clear blue sky and start questioning you with an attitude. The point I was trying to get across is that if an officer has reasonable suspicion to be questioning a person, he has just as much a right to do it with a pissed off, aggressive, hot head attitude as he does a respectful one. But why would he want to do that when he could do it in a calm, respectful manner and probably resolve the situation in a much more controlled way? I was trying to say that that behavior in which we hate so much, is the same principle behavior that we are displaying when some d-bag like the one pictured above open carries an AR-15 into a Starbucks just because he can. That is viewed by the public as an aggressive, in-your-face way of pushing gun rights and it's pushing the left's cause more than it is ours. I'm sorry if I was not clear enough in my wording to convey that point to you, and if you still disagree, then you're just going to have to find some way to get over that because I'm done trying to argue this. I know what I meant and by the responses to my latest post about the Starbucks couple it seems as though several others do too. Sorry and good luck to you.

  7. #86
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    Posts
    7,414
    Quote Originally Posted by whodat2710 View Post
    If they see you going about your daily business armed and unconcerned (and not taking pictures of yourself like a tourist) they are more likely to be at ease with people walking around armed.
    Which describes the overwhelming majority of OC'ers who OC legally across this country. Trying to paint them all with the negative stereotypes that a set of only three pictures are meant to foment in the public-perception is giving into the enemy's propaganda. You're much smarter than that. Seriously, it doesn't become you.

    Quote Originally Posted by whodat2710 View Post
    Is the goal to make people feel bad or scared because they are not carrying? Is the goal to rub peoples noses in our rights? IMHO the goal is to be allowed to exercise our God given human rights and be left alone in the process.
    The goal for the overwhelming majority of OC'ers who legally OC across this country is to exercise their rights as they see fit, not as you or the cops or the antis see fit.

    If I have the right to do something, and I actually do it, how can that action conceivably be construed as "rubbing people's noses in" the exercise of my right when they have zero say-so in how I exercise my rights?

    The pretzel logic contained in the anti-OC crowd would make Steely Dan feel inadequate!

    The irony is that I'm not and never have been an OC'er, but the anti-OC types are helping Bikenut, Firefighterchen, NavyLCDR and others convince me that I should start just to help counter the ignorance and idiocy that passes for intelligent commentary on the subject. I'm actually disappointed in myself that I have allowed the "authorities" and public opinion to define my "comfort zones" for me. Screw dat. Individualism, self-reliance, self-sufficiency and going against the tide are all traits of practitioners of The American Way. I've become too comfortable and compliant to entities that don't have my best interests at heart. Anyone who would lecture me about, or impugn my motivations for any method that I might choose to legally exercise my God-given rights is not concerned with my best interests. All you "gun rights advocates" who oppose (with words or deeds) OC should keep in mind that many other real gun rights advocates are taking into consideration your opposition to our rights.

    Blues
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

  8. Quote Originally Posted by BluesStringer View Post
    The irony is that I'm not and never have been an OC'er, Blues
    No the irony is that you post such and have th eballs to call anyone else in the world a poser

  9. Quote Originally Posted by kennyredhill View Post
    No the irony is that you post such and have th eballs to call anyone else in the world a poser
    Hey! You don't talk to the person who created the heavens and the earth that way!

  10. #89
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    The Lowcountry of South Carolina
    Posts
    2,039
    I CC. I do so because in my state that is all that is legal. While I am stationed here in VA where it is legal, I OC on occasion, such as heading to the range or spending the whole day out somewhere. CC is a new habit, and even when OC'ing I have my concealed weapon as a back-up. I am completely comfortable carrying open, and have been for the 25 years that my job has required it. I feel no different OC'ing in civilian clothes than in uniform. It is merely a tool I have at my disposal, available should the need arise. I have not CC'd except for the past few years, and I got my permission slip and started getting used to it simply because I am retiring to SC and that will be my only option. I am a creature of habit, and I do not OC frequently now because I want my conditioned responses and muscle memory to be trained for how I will need to respond henceforth until SC decides to allow OC.
    -
    That said, I think I can speak intelligently about both options.
    Chief

  11. #90
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Santa Fe Area, New Mexico
    Posts
    3,487
    I swing both ways.........Yea, that's right, I OC and CC. The choice is mine in my state of residence. I do and will exercise to the NTH degree. Ain't gonna split hairs on the pros and cons. This dog has been beaten to death on this site. ALL I will say is carry. If not, be a unarmed statistic.
    _
    I'd sooner be manacled and signing bail paperwork, then having a toe tag applied and family asked to identify. The choice is yours my friends. When I carry, I carry Cocked & Locked.
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." --author and philosopher Ayn Rand (1905-1982)

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast