To open carry or not... - Page 2
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: To open carry or not...

Navy LCDR will be on here any minute now and it won't be pretty.

OC is why starbucks has now officially requested, but not yet put up GFZ sign's in their store. The question remains, will the OC crowd honor this, or will they flaunt their right by OC'ing into starbucks (who say they will still serve OC'ers).

Personally, I can't honor or protest starbucks request, cause I wouldn't drink a cup of their swill if it were free. My favorite coffee comes out of my coffee maker at home, and I can buy a great craft beer at the brewery for much less cost and calories than that yuppie swill.
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” ― Steven Weinberg

Quote Originally Posted by XD40scinNC View Post
    OC is why starbucks has now officially requested, but not yet put up GFZ sign's in their store. The question remains, will the OC crowd honor this, or will they flaunt their right by OC'ing into starbucks (who say they will still serve OC'ers).

Personally, I can't honor or protest starbucks request, cause I wouldn't drink a cup of their swill if it were free. My favorite coffee comes out of my coffee maker at home, and I can buy a great craft beer at the brewery for much less cost and calories than that yuppie swill.
    Open carry is not why they are requesting firearms to not be brought into their shops.

Misguided media rallies, which involved open and concealed carriers, and uncivil arguments between gun owners and anti gunners are what drove them to pick a side.

Do you mind posting where Starbucks said they would still serve gun owners carrying firearms, openly or concealed?

And no, I will no longer go to Starbucks. I didn't go before because they were pro gun, or to "flaunt" my Right, I went because they followed local laws and didn't give in to anti gun pressure. That's changed, so I will no longer go there.

Sent from my HTCONE using USA Carry mobile app
    “One of the illusions of life is that the present hour is not the critical, decisive one.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson

5. Quote Originally Posted by croute View Post
    There are more people that are scared at the sight of a gun than there are gun owners. That's just the way it is now.
    And this is the problem. There are not more people that are scared at the sight of a gun than there are gun owners. At least not in most of America. The problem is the anti-gun minority is simply more vocal. I open carry every day. I receive probably 5x as many positive reactions, or honest, non-fearful questions as I do negative reactions. There are many Starbucks stores in Washington where persons with the same interest in guns and open carry used to meet weekly in Starbucks and buy coffee and snacks and sit and catch up with each other - no different than a military spouse club, a mom's club, the knitting group, senior citizens, computer club. The staff likes us because we are regular customers and we are nice to them.

We used to have open carry get togethers and an apartment complex recreation room where one of our members used to live. The vast majority of the tenants and the management liked us there. They said they felt safer when we were there because this place was in a really bad part of town. We would bring plenty of food and share with anyone who came in.

We need to stop believing the lies that the Brady Campaign and others are vomiting every chance they get. Look at Colorado - successful recall of two anti-gun politicians for the gun control crap they passed into law. When was the last time that has happened?

If you haven't open carried on a daily basis, how can you claim to know what it is like and refuse to believe those of us that do? We could post 100's of posts every day on this forum where we open carried all day long and either got a positive comment, or absolutely nothing unusual happened. Maybe that's what we need to do to add to all the "I got stopped today by a cop and he was nice to me" threads.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    We could post 100's of posts every day on this forum where we open carried all day long and either got a positive comment, or absolutely nothing unusual happened. Maybe that's what we need to do to add to all the "I got stopped today by a cop and he was nice to me" threads.
    Let's do it. A new post for each day. Or will that be considered shoving our firearms in the faces of the concealed carriers on this forum?

Sent from my HTCONE using USA Carry mobile app
    “One of the illusions of life is that the present hour is not the critical, decisive one.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson

7. Quote Originally Posted by Firefighterchen View Post
    Let's do it. A new post for each day. Or will that be considered shoving our firearms in the faces of the concealed carriers on this forum?
    I can honestly say that I have had more concealed carry permits/licenses shoved in my face than firearms.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by GB-Boater View Post
    So how many of the OC'ers here walk down the street in a city with an AR-15 ?
    We just had two do it here. They were detained, questioned, released.
    It did prompt several 911 calls.

Treao is that you lol?

ok I can not say that carrying an Ar down main street is a good idea. However I will not condem any one for a lawful activity. With that being said The couple in the star bucks photo in my opinion were hardly concerned with exercising their right to open carry. Instead they were clearly making a statement that says "Wow I am glad to be an American where I am free to make a fool out of myself on an epic scale" Unfortunately open carry in somes minds has become more about hey look at me, I need some attention here! While I will lmaintain there are others that open carry with out incident, or startled masses. And yes I do open carry and ccc daily as the situation and conditions warrant. Again never had an issue, although I do not go on about my business in order to elicit a adverse response either. Not so common sense would seem to dictate that carrying a firearm is a serious responsibility which calls for conducting ones self in a civilized manner.

9. The problem with open carry is that once you have it then you have some idiot that wants to push it to the limit. Oh if I can open carry a pistol let me take my shotgun to Starbucks, you get rid of those idiots and you won’t have problem with open carry.

I open carry and conceal carry depending on weather, attire and location.

Others have covered all that I would post so I'll just leave you with one outstanding quote.

"Don't Tread on Me"
    If it doesn't fit, FORCE it! If it breaks then it needed to be replaced anyway.

11. IMO when you OC you do run the risk of someone lifting the weapon from you. It may be a small risk but not out of the question. I tend to agree that that OC in a public place is not a good thing. Hunting, hiking, 4 wheeling, etc but in a supermarket or walking down the street, I don't think so. Again just my opinion.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast