To open carry or not... - Page 6
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: To open carry or not...

1. I never asked for red guilt, I never asked you for sympathy, I never whined. I was straight from the get go. I will never forget that your nation tried to wipe my nation off the face of the earth and I will treat your nation with due caution at all times. No whining involved.

BTW sleeping with an Indian doesn’t make you an expert any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.

Quote Originally Posted by kennyredhill View Post
    I never asked for red guilt, I never asked you for sympathy, I never whined. I was straight from the get go. I will never forget that your nation tried to wipe my nation off the face of the earth and I will treat your nation with due caution at all times. No whining involved.

BTW sleeping with an Indian doesn’t make you an expert any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.
    "Sleeping with an Indian?" did you not notice that it was my wife who was previously married to the "Indian"? The Native American man who was her previous husband, and who was a very good man, passed away. Leaving two sons. Which means my wife ISN'T even Native American!!! And how dare you insult the intimate relationship my wife and I have with such an arrogant comment? Make no mistake SIR! Making that comment says much more about you than it does about my wife and I!

It is time for all of us to get past this "white man", "black man", "red man", "you are to blame for the sins of your ancestors" crap and move on to understanding that we are all "men" regardless of our skin color and that it is up to each of us individually to either get off our arses and change things................. or sit on our arses and complain expecting everyone else to change things for us.

Upon reflection I edited this post to remove stuff that wasn't necessary. To those who have read the original version... I apologize for the contentiousness of it.

I never asked for red guilt, I never asked you for sympathy, I never whined. I was straight from the get go. I will never forget that your nation tried to wipe my nation off the face of the earth and I will treat your nation with due caution at all times. No whining involved.

You're not saying that every nation gets one shot at you before you treat them with caution, are you? <smile> Seriously, treat ALL of them with caution.

IMO, the best thing that could be done for Native Americans would be to eliminate the reservations and give the people the same rights, privileges, and responsibilities due all U. S. citizens. Of course, that would REALLY "annoy" the Native American counterparts of Jackson, Sharpton, etc...
    Lewis - NRA Life - Oregon Firearms Federation - National Assoc. for Gun Rights

Gun control is NOT about guns, it's about CONTROL.

5. Quote Originally Posted by kennyredhill View Post
    I have an even simpler answer for you It's my home and my families home for 4 generations
    OK... so my next question now is, exactly who is keeping you from turning your self-proclaimed hovel on the reservation into a nice home?
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

http://www.narf.org/nill/Constitutio...glalaconst.pdf

Here is our Constitution it does have a Bill Of Right but does not have a Second Amendment. You can not carry a weapon on tribal land with out a tribal license

Section 1 Enumerated Powers The Ogallala Sioux Tribal Council shall exercise the following powers; subject to any limitations by the statutes or The Constitution of the United States and subject further to all express restrictions upon such powers contained in this Constitution and the attached bylaws
    Thanks for the link, it was an interesting read. Under Section 1, Enumerated Powers... the section states you may exercise whatever powers you wish as long as that power is not limited by the Constitution of the US. Therefore, if there is something in the US Constitution then the Oglala Constitution and its bylaws can't say that it is acceptable policy on the reservation. However, this then, does NOT cover the 2nd Amendment of the US Constitution since that is not a limiting factor but a right granted unto the people of the United States. Therefore, if your reservation has any restrictions about carrying in any way or fashion then it is actually your people that did that to themselves.

This was also my original point when you compared the open carry of South Dakota to your reservation. Your people accepted the limiting factors of the US Constitution but did not adopt all of the rights of the people within it.

Thanks for educating me on the framework of your Constitution and bylaws.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

No, I am not Treao.

8. I don’t have the nicest house in the world but it isn’t a “hovel” I paid roughly 80K for it. it has 3 bedrooms and it’s a rancher. 80K buys more house in South Dakota than it does in Tacoma. I don’t know where you got the idea that I live in a hovel.

But if you take Pine ridge and compare it to the Dakotas, Wyoming, part of Nebraska, Montana and parts of Canada which is what we used to have you can see where the bathroom comparison came from. How would you feel if China came in here and took all of America and made you live in a couple of counties in Nebraska?

Don't fret so much about the historical events relating to the white man taking over the Nations. The Nations had very poor immigration laws that allowed the white man to take over. Now the white man has very poor immigration laws and soon will also be taken over.....karma.....
    A man must do what he has to do, ain't none of us getting out of this alive....I have it from a reliable source....
    There can be no love without pain; to show you the value of love......

I don’t have the nicest house in the world but it isn’t a “hovel” I paid roughly 80K for it. it has 3 bedrooms and it’s a rancher. 80K buys more house in South Dakota than it does in Tacoma. I don’t know where you got the idea that I live in a hovel.

But if you take Pine ridge and compare it to the Dakotas, Wyoming, part of Nebraska, Montana and parts of Canada which is what we used to have you can see where the bathroom comparison came from. How would you feel if China came in here and took all of America and made you live in a couple of counties in Nebraska?
    I believe China owns America now anyways...but for your hypothetical...

If they came and took all of America I would be dead because I would of fought till I died.

That doesn't mean I'm going to stereotype all Chinese people. That doesn't man I'm going to be a racist against all Chinese people.

Next?

Sent from my HTCONE using USA Carry mobile app
    “One of the illusions of life is that the present hour is not the critical, decisive one.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson

11. We all have the right to carry a weapon. If that person is one that is responsible and has no background of mental health problems to harm one selves or others. I feel it is safer in this country that we all carry to defend our family our fellow man & women and children. Conceal or open carry? myself conceal due to if no one knows your armed you have the choice of how to protect yourself the safest way. You have the upper hand

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast