Doggy Defense - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Doggy Defense

Dogs are great for a first line of defense. I'm dog less now. I had a yellow Lab that I had to put down three weeks ago. She had a cancerous mass on her lung that collapsed one lung and pushed her heart into her other lung. She got where it was too hard to inhale and had to force her exhale. I was just getting over my other dog dying Aug 07 when I found out she was sick. He had Cushins disease and Diabetes. Sorry I have tears in my eyes writing this...
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

Quote Originally Posted by Red Hat View Post
    Dogs are great for a first line of defense. I'm dog less now. I had a yellow Lab that I had to put down three weeks ago. She had a cancerous mass on her lung that collapsed one lung and pushed her heart into her other lung. She got where it was too hard to inhale and had to force her exhale. I was just getting over my other dog dying Aug 07 when I found out she was sick. He had Cushins disease and Diabetes. Sorry I have tears in my eyes writing this...
    I understand Red Hat. We had to do the same to a little dog about a year ago. We had her for about 12 years. She would follow me every time I moved and sit with us when we watched t.v. She became almost like one of our kids.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

4. Quote Originally Posted by Red Hat View Post
    Some people don't understand what a part of the family they become. I lost my Shepherd during Hurricane Andrew back in 92 and that was devastating. Bear we got from the pound and he was so sick a few days after we got home that they wanted to take him back and put him down. I refused and got him through it. He turned out to be one of the best dogs we have ever had.

Sorry for your loss, and hope that you are able to add a new friend to the family real soon.
    "Always at your command"
    "לפקודה תמיד אנחנו"

5. Dog lovers watch movie Where the red fern grows and Second hand lion .Lion has nothing to do with this I just wanted to put a plug in for it.I have had cats and dogs, barn animals all my life. Mostly house dogs really got close to our hearts .

Quote Originally Posted by Red Hat View Post
    very sorry to hear that. as I said dogs become your best friend.. and in most cases a real part of the family. I had to get rid of my lab/wolf mix during hurricane rita when I was living in houston.. she was the best. sweetest, smartest, most loving dog I ever had. also very good at protecting the area. miss her a lot!
    You can have my freedom as soon as I'm done with it!!!

Two GSD's one 18 months and weighting in at 90 lbs. and a 28 month old at 68 lbs. don't have much of a problem knowing when somebody stops by or walking down the street. it has become my wifes i think fulltime hobby, two times a week to class with the younger one.
    "Victory at all cost Victory in spite of all terror. Victory no matter how long and how hard the road may be; for without Victory there is no survival."
    (Winston Churchill)

It's as hard to lose a dog or any pet as I might imagine it to be to lose a child, but thank goodness I don't know for sure. I've always cared for dogs in my home. Each time I've had to let one go it rips me up. I now have a 6 pound dog and she's the best watch dog I could hope for. Her bark might not scare anyone but her stature does not make her any less of an alarm for us. She has no problem thinking that she weighs 100 pounds as has chased large dogs away. She'd probably chase the coyotes away if I let her outside.
    Thanks,
    Debi

It is hard loosing any pet that you have had years of companionship from, be it Dog, Cat, Bird, Horse, they develop a very distinct personality and are become like your children.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheldon View Post
    It is hard loosing any pet that you have had years of companionship from, be it Dog, Cat, Bird, Horse, they develop a very distinct personality and are become like your children.
    Sometimes more than like children. You can't get unconditional love from children.
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    I understand Red Hat. We had to do the same to a little dog about a year ago. We had her for about 12 years. She would follow me every time I moved and sit with us when we watched t.v. She became almost like one of our kids.
    It's just as difficult to lose a dog by running away as it is to lose one who dies. I know. When I was still living at home with my parents, my mutt (that's right a mutt; I don't even know which breeds he was mixed with) ran away after five years. I cried for a long time after that, and I never saw him again.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast