Tactical Team Ordered to Stand Down During Navy Yard Shooting - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tactical Team Ordered to Stand Down During Navy Yard Shooting

They WANT you to be a victim to keep thier monopoly on your security. Problem: Crazies sometimes get guns and commit horrible acts of violence. Reaction: Something has to be done to stop this! Solution: More gun control and security (feds with guns)..... This is their main play when trying to manufacture consent; Problem, Reaction, Solution. Sometimes they are controling both sides and creating an issue so they can provide the solution to the problem. and sometimes... well Just what Rahm Emanuel said "Never let a crisis go to waste". Thats right Rahm, you can get a lot done huh. I know some people are thinking, "What are you telling us, Escapedthematrix, that the whole government is in on this?" No. this is successfull due to compartmentalization. The left arm does not always know what the right arm is doing.

3. The app i use for trains is 5-0 radio and of course it does police and fire too

The Android apps for scanner radio seem to work only in areas with a high a high population density. In rural NE Iowa my county and 2 neighboring counties use the same frequency. All three counties, which comprise about 1500 square miles, have a comhined populationof less than 45, 000. I have a regular scanner and there's very little activity. It isn't very interesting to listen to.

Quote Originally Posted by recithree View Post
    Scanner radio is the one I use.i believe they all get their feed from the same place which is Broadcastify - Live Police, Fire, EMS, Aircraft, and Rail Audio Feeds. Having a feed for your town requires someone in that town to be sharing it.so check the link and see if your town is up there.if it is not then I dont believe any of the apps with have it.
    I get the local feed on my regular scanner, but it's pretty uninteresting.

And believe me, there's nothing on it worth sharing, S&W645. If I understand correctly, it's legal as long as you don't use it to interfere with authorities, or to commit a crime. And that may vary from state to state too.
    Do Not Meddle In The Affairs Of Dragons ~ For You Are Crunchy And Good With Ketchup

Quote Originally Posted by dusterdude View Post
    The app i use for trains is 5-0 radio and of course it does police and fire too
    I have a better way of listening in on trains. As someone who was qualified to operate on a branchline as a train crew member, as a certified car rider by railroads, and as a private car crew member, I was required to have a two way radio for railroad frequencies. Next trip by rail, a week or so to go.
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Certified RSO
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider is chaos to the fly.

Quote Originally Posted by Peggy Reist View Post
    I get the local feed on my regular scanner, but it's pretty uninteresting.

And believe me, there's nothing on it worth sharing, S&W645. If I understand correctly, it's legal as long as you don't use it to interfere with authorities, or to commit a crime. And that may vary from state to state too.
    The person who has the scanner may listen to it. The problems start when you divulge what you hear to someone else. Or if you use it for personal/commercial gain. Or listen in on cell phone calls. Or interfere with law enforcement, emergency medical services and such. Use it while committing a crime and there are more penalties when caught added on. Broadcastify may have an agreement with whomever they put up on the web to allow them to do this but I doubt if many private individuals have the permission from any one of the parties to the broadcasts that would allow them to stream what they receive. Many locations also go a step further and ban the use of mobile scanners in vehicles unless you are a member of a volunteer rescue squad or VFD , or law enforcement.

Link to get you started on what is and isn't legal under the Federal Laws. http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/te...-I/chapter-119
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Certified RSO
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider is chaos to the fly.

Quote Originally Posted by S&W645 View Post
    The person who has the scanner may listen to it. The problems start when you divulge what you hear to someone else. Or if you use it for personal/commercial gain. Or listen in on cell phone calls. Or interfere with law enforcement, emergency medical services and such. Use it while committing a crime and there are more penalties when caught added on. Broadcastify may have an agreement with whomever they put up on the web to allow them to do this but I doubt if many private individuals have the permission from any one of the parties to the broadcasts that would allow them to stream what they receive. Many locations also go a step further and ban the use of mobile scanners in vehicles unless you are a member of a volunteer rescue squad or VFD , or law enforcement.

Link to get you started on what is and isn't legal under the Federal Laws. 18 USC Chapter 119 - WIRE AND ELECTRONIC COMMUNICATIONS INTERCEPTION AND INTERCEPTION OF ORAL COMMUNICATIONS | Title 18 - Crimes and Criminal Procedure | U.S. Code | LII / Legal Information Institute
    I'm pretty much in the clear, I think. The channel I listen to is only EMS and fire. No police. Not much trouble I can get into, since I'm not into arson.
    Do Not Meddle In The Affairs Of Dragons ~ For You Are Crunchy And Good With Ketchup

9. Quote Originally Posted by S&W645 View Post
    I have a better way of listening in on trains. As someone who was qualified to operate on a branchline as a train crew member, as a certified car rider by railroads, and as a private car crew member, I was required to have a two way radio for railroad frequencies. Next trip by rail, a week or so to go.
    That would be nice to have

Howdy mappow,

Quote Originally Posted by mappow View Post
    I'll repost again.............Why is there not active duty on CERT teams and WHY has this become a recurring event on Federal Property. Active Duty cannot engage as "police for the general public BUT...can guard/protect and defend ANY federal property so designated. Nobody has yet to justify WHY civilians are tasked with emergency response verses a team of A/D personnel.
    Back in the "Day" we provided our own security on base. I was a Security Police and Law Enforcement in the Air Force and we provided all the security and LE on base.

Plus I was part of the RT and a member of the Air Base Defense Team.

In 1984 I was stationed at Dallas NAS and Reagan landed there for the '84 Republican Convention and as part of the ABDT I was armed with a sniper on a rooftop on base. I wasn't anywhere near Reagan and wasn't part
    Of his security detail, I was only providing security/defense for the NAS.

I'm not sure when or why things changed.

Paul

P.S. When I was in the Air Force I was stationed at a Navy base and when I was in the Navy I was stationed at an Army base. Go figure.
    I'm so Liberal that I work at the Bill and Hillary Clinton Regional Airport!

Quote Originally Posted by S&W645 View Post

Link to get you started on what is and isn't legal under the Federal Laws. 18 USC Chapter 119 - WIRE AND ELECTRONIC COMMUNICATIONS INTERCEPTION AND INTERCEPTION OF ORAL COMMUNICATIONS | Title 18 - Crimes and Criminal Procedure | U.S. Code | LII / Legal Information Institute
    This is something that is conveniently ignored much of the time. For example, in every city of any size there are several radio stations who listen to public safety radio and immediately tell their listeners what they hear.
    Lewis - NRA Life - Oregon Firearms Federation - National Assoc. for Gun Rights

Gun control is NOT about guns, it's about CONTROL.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12