I did it -- I did it -- I did it!!!! - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: I did it -- I did it -- I did it!!!!

1. Congrats! Such a great feeling to be able to carry a firearm. Continue your training and read whatever you can get your hands on to learn as much as you can.

Quote Originally Posted by ChristiAnne Elkins View Post
    Thanks all!!! I am 44 yrs old -- so I guess you could say I am a "late-bloomer" LOL

I live in CT -- 8 weeks seems to be the wait time...according to the instructor. A lot of the ranges around here don't allow you to shoot - at all - until you have a valid permit. Luckily the one only about 10 minutes from my home allows for practicing with the certificate from the course.

So -- yay!!
    Age is not an issue. My wife was on her 60's when she first shot a handgun, but now carries every time she goes out, owns 3 handguns, and is a pretty good shot.

I have seen many women of all ages (teen to 70's+) shooting for the first time at the range.

Sent from my ADR6400L using USA Carry mobile app
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” ― Steven Weinberg

that would be all it would take to get me to leave CT, for certain. Sheesh. I don't see how the ranges stay in biz.

I don't know how they stay in business. The figures are something like 51% of the residents of CT are registered legal gun owners. And yet, we have gun laws that make it nearly impossible to be in 100% compliance. It seems that they are hell-bent on getting law abiding citizens to break the law, and take away permits. Nifty, huh?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

In my class last weekend I had a mother & daughter. The mother was a retired lady, so let's assume 65 or so and her daughter who had two teenage sons. The older lady had never pulled a trigger and the daughter had shot casually with her husband through the years. Mom shot circles around her daughter. Don't mess with old people.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisdrummer View Post
    In my class last weekend I had a mother & daughter. The mother was a retired lady, so let's assume 65 or so and her daughter who had two teenage sons. The older lady had never pulled a trigger and the daughter had shot casually with her husband through the years. Mom shot circles around her daughter. Don't mess with old people.
    I love it!! I never held a gun before, not even the kids air soft guns, so I was pretty excited. When you add in there my wrist weakness (I have carpal tunnel) and I have a problem with my balance so I have to adjust my stance.

Even so, I think I did pretty good

Good show, ChristiAnne!!
    Stop, Drop, and Roll won't work in Hell.
    The truth about the former Republic of the United States of America:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6Ioz...ayer_embedded#

Great job. Never stop training. When stress hits, you don't rise to the occasion; you fall back on your training.

I can't tell you how much I am itching to get back to the range...I just wanna soak it all in. I know that I was shaking a bit from excitement and nerves. So I know my aim and my grouping will just get better with practice. I wanna be "that old chick" at the range who can shoot!

My niece - at age 19 - can shoot better than most guys at the range. My brother taught her well. It used to be a joke that the boys better watch out for my brother. Who they better watch out for is my niece. I watched a video of her hitting dead on - 10 targets at various distance - rapid fire. Her aim is dead on. She is excited to have "the cool aunt" wanna go shootin' with her.

that's great, girl! :-) Let me look for some inspirational video for you. I'll post it here ASAP.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast