I did it -- I did it -- I did it!!!!
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I did it -- I did it -- I did it!!!!

Smile I did it -- I did it -- I did it!!!!

Please excuse my adolescent like exuberance.....but today, I did the NRA Basic Course required to get my permit. As I said when I intro'd myself, I never even held a loaded gun until today.

All my shots in the live fire portion hit the target -- I have tremors, so I have to build up endurance holding my weapon steady. My first shot - EVER - in my life, I hit the bullseye.

Now I wait for the the permit.........and wait.......................and wait............................................an d wait........................................

Congratulations!! It's a wonderful achievement.
    FUNNY HOW PEOPLE ALWAYS WANT THE TRUTH AS LONG AS IT'S WHAT THEY WANT TO HEAR

Good job! Hope Your wait isn't too lobg.

Drzzit's S4

Sorry....LONG

Drzzit's S4

Just don't stop training. Go ahead & check out what other classes you can take in your area.
    “Only a rookie who knows nothing about science would say science takes away from faith. If you really study science, it will bring you closer to God.” —JAMES TOUR, NANOSCIENTIST

Congrats, GREAT JOB, am very happy for you. You have every right to be very proud of yourself.

Thanks all!!! I am 44 yrs old -- so I guess you could say I am a "late-bloomer" LOL

I live in CT -- 8 weeks seems to be the wait time...according to the instructor. A lot of the ranges around here don't allow you to shoot - at all - until you have a valid permit. Luckily the one only about 10 minutes from my home allows for practicing with the certificate from the course.

So -- yay!!

Congratulations on a job well done-and the beginning of a whole new lifestyle.

10. Good job and congratulations! I'll share some unsolicited advice now, just because you have your permit does not mean you should stop practicing. Go to the range as often as you can, and practice, practice, practice. When you think you're really good with your weapon, go practice some more.

Welcome to a large group of responsible gun owners and CCW permit holders (or whatever the term for concealed carry is in your state).

Regards,

David

So how did it feel to get your gun handling cherry popped?
    Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.

Benjamin Franklin

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast