Taurus Judge Opinions - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Taurus Judge Opinions

Quote Originally Posted by Riverkilt View Post
    Nice to have all that data. I'm sticking with my Governor and Taurus for two reasons. One, maneuverability in my small apartment....I happen to have lots of "stuff" packed in my place right now. Two, if I need to pull the trigger on another person, I'm going to unload all six of the Governor and all five of the Taurus in a barrage of .410 self-defense rounds. I don't know any attacker that wouldn't be impressed by the amount of metal headed at them from such a barrage (about 165 bits)...add the noise factor and the neighbors will think there's a war on and the police response should be much faster. I do have a 590A1 Mossberg but it would be difficult to aim around corners in my cramped place. Will use the Mossberg to investigate the result of the 11 rounds of .410
    Personally, I would not admit that on a public forum. You shoot until the threat is stopped; no more. To publicly claim you would unload your firearm, grab another one, fire and unload that one too would give even the youngest, wet behind the ears assistant DA enough fodder to tarnish your claim of self-defense.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

Guess I'm both wrong and convicted already....jeez Louise...at my age could use the dementia defense....lock me up and feed me Pablum.....

Guess I'm both wrong and convicted already....jeez Louise...at my age could use the dementia defense....lock me up and feed me Pablum.....
    You take me the wrong way Riverkilt... I'm not convicting you or saying you're wrong. I'm just making you aware that whatever you say on a public forum stays on a public forum and anyone, anywhere can have access to it. Just a friendly and polite heads up is all.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."

Quote Originally Posted by CapGun View Post
    I had a Judge, lightweight and sold it, (the only gun I have sold) well it was more of a trade in for a S&W Governor. I don't hear many complaints of any S&W revolver. The action and trigger is much smoother then the Judge. It felt much better to me when shooting it.
    I got the Governor because it is a S&W, it carried one more round and it gave me an additional choice of ammo, the .45 ACP. Overall the fit and finish was much better.
    As far as this gun for home defense I think it would more then suffice. I think it is an excellent "home gun".
    Concerning the debate as to whether or not it is a good choice I think that mixing up the .410 with the .45 LC is the way to go. In that case I think there would be no doubt.
    For instance you can set it up so the the first two shots are .45 LC, for accuracy then 3 rounds of .410 in case you don't aim so well and finally another round of .45LC just to me sure! lol
    Imaging your own scenario and configuration. I think combining those options would take much doubt out of this weapon being a good home defense choice.
    This is not about it being the only or best "home gun" choice but you have a lot of options on how to bring it into action and therefore there is nothing wrong with it.
    For those that want to compare it to other choices that you think are bette,r get back to me after you put the moat in with the Alligators and have trained your Rottie to shoot an AR as a last resort.
    The moat filled with gators, well if I wanted to put in choke points, our canal system will work. The canal just north of the house has had two Nile Crocs in it. One was shot and killed and there is a shoot to kill order on the other. My Rottie with an AR? I'm afraid he'd use it to get even with my Rhodesian Ridgeback Rottie. I have plenty of scars just from playing with the RRR.
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Certified RSO
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider is chaos to the fly.

Quote Originally Posted by S&W645 View Post
    The moat filled with gators, well if I wanted to put in choke points, our canal system will work. The canal just north of the house has had two Nile Crocs in it. One was shot and killed and there is a shoot to kill order on the other. My Rottie with an AR? I'm afraid he'd use it to get even with my Rhodesian Ridgeback Rottie. I have plenty of scars just from playing with the RRR.
    wow very interesting. We have had Rotties since '82 and think a pure "Ridgie" might be in the future sometime.
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member
    NRA Certified RSO

So, no paranoia - just wisdom - now that I've said I'd unload 11 shots of .410 at a home invader IF I should actually have to do that it could be held against me if someone dug it off the Internet...long odds, but I see the point. Still, think that these forums are a place to share ideas and wisdom - so....hopefully it'll be someone else that'll save their bacon by unloading a barrage from their Governor or Public Defender....

Not talking about you now Wolf_Fire...think its so damned sad that so many firearms forums are more trolls and on line sniping at what others post instead of sharing ideas, tactics, good and bad products and vendors...

Nice to have all that data. I'm sticking with my Governor and Taurus for two reasons. One, maneuverability in my small apartment....I happen to have lots of "stuff" packed in my place right now. Two, if I need to pull the trigger on another person, I'm going to unload all six of the Governor and all five of the Taurus in a barrage of .410 self-defense rounds. I don't know any attacker that wouldn't be impressed by the amount of metal headed at them from such a barrage (about 165 bits)...add the noise factor and the neighbors will think there's a war on and the police response should be much faster. I do have a 590A1 Mossberg but it would be difficult to aim around corners in my cramped place. Will use the Mossberg to investigate the result of the 11 rounds of .410
    Use the bear hunting rule and save the last round for yourself.

From a home defense point of view, I have a Taurus Judge for just that purpose, and have shot it enough to know it is one good choice for me -- for home defense. I keep it loaded like this:
    First shell will be a #4 shot .410 - at 10 feet (the distance to an outside door from my bed, and the distance from my recliner to the living room door) I will pepper the intruder from the groin to the face with just point and shoot, even if the penetration isn't that great through heavy clothing.
    If he's still standing and not blinded, and is still a threat to me or Her Majesty, the second shot will be a Home Defense round with the three discs plus B-Bs. The three discs will hit him center mass, and the B-Bs will further pepper his torso and face.
    If further action is necessary, I'll have three LC .45s left in my little hand cannon to follow up with.
    If he has any friends with him, and the previous noisy blasts from that hand cannon hasn't scared them off, they'll face the number of rounds necessary to stop their threat to our health from my Bersa 9mm UC. I'm too old for fisticuffs, but I shoot darned well for an old coot, and will do everything I can to stop a threat to Her Majesty and myself. For myself, I think my .410/.45LC is a good choice for close quarters defense-- Of course, that's just my opinion.
    Stop, Drop, and Roll won't work in Hell.
    The truth about the former Republic of the United States of America:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6Ioz...ayer_embedded#

I have a variety of home defense options. In the safe I have my choice of a .410 double barrel or a Winchester semi auto 12. Both are loaded and on safe. In my bed in a locked safe (4 buttons to push) I have a hand gun and on the nightstand is my carry gun. Either a glock 19, 23 or 26. Soup dejour of the day, what ever I've been carrying. I am not worried if it is the .410 option. I've fired it at various ranges and have a lot of confidence of what it can do inside house range (ok, my house isn't all that large :)
    Typos are for the entertainment of the reader. Don't let it go to your head!

So, no paranoia - just wisdom - now that I've said I'd unload 11 shots of .410 at a home invader IF I should actually have to do that it could be held against me if someone dug it off the Internet...long odds, but I see the point. Still, think that these forums are a place to share ideas and wisdom - so....hopefully it'll be someone else that'll save their bacon by unloading a barrage from their Governor or Public Defender....

Not talking about you now Wolf_Fire...think its so damned sad that so many firearms forums are more trolls and on line sniping at what others post instead of sharing ideas, tactics, good and bad products and vendors...
    On your second point, agreed. However, with any group of people, there are always going to be that small few that make things miserable for others. I've been calling it my 5% rule, however, with Congress I call it my 95% rule.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast