My wife and shooting the bersa 380
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My wife and shooting the bersa 380

So Saturday I was going to town with my wife and she informs me that she has decided to start shooting.Now ladies and gentleman just so you know I am all about guns,always have been but my wife has never had a interest at all and I have never pushed her about it.So I must say it was really hard not to do cartwheels but I played it cool.So instead of going to look at guns I called a buddy at the range that is obsessed with conceal carry and asked to let her try a few which he gladly did.Now all the regulars were there S+W,colt,ruger,etc.So I just kinda.stood.back and let her have at it.After trying a few-- the bodyguard,LCD and I think the Sr9c she started shooting the bersa thunder 380CC and right then I knew she found the one.Now I've always stayed with made in America so I really don't know that much about bersa except it's foreign and cheaper than what I'm used to but let me tell you,it's extremely accurate even though the sights are non existent and hardly any jump.My buddy informed me that it's probably one of the most underrated conceal Carrie's out there.Now she's talking CHL!!!! Just letting others know that I was highly impressed with a lesser priced foreign handgun-the Bersa Thunder 380CC.
    FUNNY HOW PEOPLE ALWAYS WANT THE TRUTH AS LONG AS IT'S WHAT THEY WANT TO HEAR

My wife loves her Bersa. She carries a 45 or 40sw along with a BG380 most of the time now. But, there is no way she will part with her Bersa!

-
    “Only a rookie who knows nothing about science would say science takes away from faith. If you really study science, it will bring you closer to God.” —JAMES TOUR, NANOSCIENTIST

My wife likes her nickle Bersa 380, but it has a 10% failure rate so I need to get her something better to carry. One out of every ten shots having either a FTF of a FTE is unacceptable!

I had an issue with an aftermarket mag once; otherwise mine has been 100% for 20 years & thousands of rounds. It's one of the most dependable guns I've ever owned in 40+ years of shooting. The accuracy and performance is about the best I've ever seen in any handgun. My wife can get good body hits at 100yrd and can hit bowling pins at 50yrds all day long.

-
    “Only a rookie who knows nothing about science would say science takes away from faith. If you really study science, it will bring you closer to God.” —JAMES TOUR, NANOSCIENTIST

I had a few Failure To Feed in my first 50 rounds with the Bersa Thunder .380 but I just kept shooting. Fired 150 more FMJ with no problems.
    Then fired 40 of my carry ammo with no problems. It is dependable and accurate.

My wife has a Bersa Thunder Duotone which has been 100%reliable. She has just signed up for a CCL class and will use it for the test.

I have a couple friends who carry and shoot the Bersa regularly...keep it clean.

Stay frosty!

9. I just picked up a Bersa Thunder CC a couple of weeks ago. It has been 100% with 2 Bersa 8 round magazines. Not so much with the 7 round Promag that I found.

Like I said I would have bought whatever she wanted. She tried ruger s&w walther etc. She kept coming back to the Bersa. Economical fun zero problems.
    FUNNY HOW PEOPLE ALWAYS WANT THE TRUTH AS LONG AS IT'S WHAT THEY WANT TO HEAR

11. Bersa Failure

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Burkhardt View Post
    My wife likes her nickle Bersa 380, but it has a 10% failure rate so I need to get her something better to carry. One out of every ten shots having either a FTF of a FTE is unacceptable!
    Using top of the line name brand ammo is best with the Bersa. I have used the less expensive ammo and have had failures. Switched to better, although more expensive, ammo and no more problems.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast