Baby eagle and EAA witness, interchangeable magazines?
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Baby eagle and EAA witness, interchangeable magazines?

  1. #1

    Baby eagle and EAA witness, interchangeable magazines?

    I've been looking for a while to get the highest capacity magazine for my full size .40 baby eagle. I have read on so many sites that the magazines for the EAA witness and the Baby eagle are interchangeable. so I bought 2 15-round .40 magazines for EAA witness that I read all over should fit the Baby eagle just fine.. well that's not the case. the EAA magazine is thicker and will not fit in my Baby eagle. does anyone know why it is posted all over the place that they both use the same magazines? did something recently change? thanks
    You can have my freedom as soon as I'm done with it!!!

  2.   
  3. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Florida Panhandle
    Posts
    3,096

    Exclamation

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post
    I've been looking for a while to get the highest capacity magazine for my full size .40 baby eagle. I have read on so many sites that the magazines for the EAA witness and the Baby eagle are interchangeable. so I bought 2 15-round .40 magazines for EAA witness that I read all over should fit the Baby eagle just fine.. well that's not the case. the EAA magazine is thicker and will not fit in my Baby eagle. does anyone know why it is posted all over the place that they both use the same magazines? did something recently change? thanks
    If the EAA witness mags are for a Polymer gun...they wont fit. They will only interchange steel frame to steel frame with magazines made by Tangfolio of italy. I have been down this road and had the same results as you did.
    FESTUS
    IN OMNIA PARATUS

  4. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    1,322
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post
    I've been looking for a while to get the highest capacity magazine for my full size .40 baby eagle. I have read on so many sites that the magazines for the EAA witness and the Baby eagle are interchangeable. so I bought 2 15-round .40 magazines for EAA witness that I read all over should fit the Baby eagle just fine.. well that's not the case. the EAA magazine is thicker and will not fit in my Baby eagle. does anyone know why it is posted all over the place that they both use the same magazines? did something recently change? thanks

    ...
    I didn't know what a baby eagle was so I went a-searching. The website at the end tells the following answer to the FAQ:

    "Can I convert my Baby Eagle pistol?
    "Sorry, the Baby Eagle pistols in 9mm, .40S&W and .45ACP can not be converted between calibers due to the fact that each slide diameter is a different size. Yes, in the early 1990's there was a conversion kit for the 9mm to .41AE; this has not been available since the mid-90's."

    This probably wasn't the question you asked, or the answer you needed, but maybe it's related in that there might have been something that you could have converted at one time, but maybe now now.

    Magnum Research maker of the world's most powerful handguns

  5. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by festus View Post
    If the EAA witness mags are for a Polymer gun...they wont fit. They will only interchange steel frame to steel frame with magazines made by Tangfolio of italy. I have been down this road and had the same results as you did.
    everything was steel frame to steel frame. that's why I didn't get it.. cause everywhere it is posted that they should be the exact same mags..
    You can have my freedom as soon as I'm done with it!!!

  6. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    4,650
    Just to be on the safe side, use EAA mags for EAA guns, and Baby eagle mags for baby eagle guns. So far, using mags that that are specific to one particular make and model of gun has never failed for me.

  7. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Florida Panhandle
    Posts
    3,096

    Exclamation I am still looking for mags myself

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post
    everything was steel frame to steel frame. that's why I didn't get it.. cause everywhere it is posted that they should be the exact same mags..
    I found mags on CDNN I ordered 2. I hope they work.
    FESTUS
    IN OMNIA PARATUS

  8. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by festus View Post
    I found mags on CDNN I ordered 2. I hope they work.
    what is the caliber and capacity? let me know if they work.
    You can have my freedom as soon as I'm done with it!!!

  9. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Florida Panhandle
    Posts
    3,096

    Exclamation 40 s&w

    40 S&W mags from CDNN for baby eagle. The price was decent and I'll let you know when they get here.
    FESTUS
    IN OMNIA PARATUS

  10. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by festus View Post
    40 S&W mags from CDNN for baby eagle. The price was decent and I'll let you know when they get here.
    and what was the capacity?
    You can have my freedom as soon as I'm done with it!!!

  11. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Florida Panhandle
    Posts
    3,096
    12 rnds
    FESTUS
    IN OMNIA PARATUS

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast