4473 didn't get signed!!!! - Page 5
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: 4473 didn't get signed!!!!

1. Make them give you several boxes of free ammo for the trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by 3gunshooter View Post
    This happened to me a few years ago. I got a call from my local dealer about a week after I bought the gun. Do the right thing and go back and sign it and don't even ask for anything. Everyone makes mistakes no since in being an ass about it.
    This.
    'I God, Woodrow, it's been quite a party, ain't it?

The fact you even posted this thread shows you're a **** Go sign the damn thing.
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” ― Steven Weinberg

Even if Walmart didn't get their FFL pulled, if the Press found out they and the grabbers would have a field day with this. Do the right thing.
    You can have good intentions and not be right.

Quote Originally Posted by FNWylde View Post
    Why go back? That costs the OP time and money and because it was Walmart's oversight, they need to arrange a time to come to HIM. Problem is for Walmart, they don't have a policy for making service calls and its going to be a goat-rope getting them to act. Just my opinion.
    The only oversight by Walmart was that they didn't notice that the OP didn't fill out the form properly and completely, nor did he (the OP) review what and how he answered the questions. If he answered the arrest record or residency questions incorrectly by accident as he didn't sign the form it is clear that the Walmart employee could have missed those mistakes on a properly signed form. In that case he would not have to go back to Walmart, he would get a visit by "authority overlords"!
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member
    NRA Certified RSO

Quote Originally Posted by JimSmitty View Post
    Make them give you several boxes of free ammo for the trouble.
    Maybe if he just returned on his own they might throw him a bone. I am rethinking the idea of getting something for his trouble. Now if this was Barry O' we know he would blame Bush for his mistake of not signing the form. Who is the OP going to blame for his mistake? No mistake would have been made by anyone if the form was signed correctly in the first place.
    "Man-up"! For those of you who disagree with me then I am sure you would feel there needs to be more food stamp distribution and entitlements for, you know, the people that take no responsibility or blame for their "misfortunes". I am leaving out those that lost their jobs due to this robust economic recovery.
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member
    NRA Certified RSO

Quote Originally Posted by FNWylde View Post
    My response was to point out that WM made the error and pushed the problem into the OPs lap. Most people will just comply, as with the police. There's a big difference between 'You didn't sign' and 'I'm sorry, we didn't get your signature'. In hindsight, I did not consider a person's job being on the line, just the lack of both problem solving ability and flexibility of the retailer. That is crap customer service to approach the problem in that manner. $.02
    Walmart made the error? Only if the OP intentionally did not sign as he was supposed to!
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member
    NRA Certified RSO

9. Be a stand up guy and go down there and sign the form. Walmart's in Mass don't sell rifles, your state could be next.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee F Smith View Post
    As an FFL It is not is big a deal as some would like to make it. We contact them and maybe offer a box of ammo for the inconvenience. If they react negatively, registered letter is sent with response attached to 4473, end of story.

Kind of shocked and disappointed at the lack of character being demonstrated here. As they say "it isn't what you do when someone is watching, its what you do when no one is watching that determines character"
    Gotta say it disappoints me too. Why try to punish a retailer that is generally pro 2nd amendment?
    Posterity: you will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make good use of it.--- John Quincy Adams
    Condensed Guide To Ohio Concealed Carry Laws

Not sure how an FFL applies to a Wal-Mart. To sell guns I know that they have one, but think about the difference between there and a true gun store or sporting goods store. (anyone with WalMart experience please chime in) I know in the stores I have visited, the gun counter isn't always manned. I also am guessing that George isn't just hanging out in the break room polishing his FFL until someone wants to purchase a gun. So unlike a gun store, the guy that just got done with a clean-up on aisle 3 has to run over and step into FFL mode.
    -
    I would go back and sign it, and I would ask if they could throw in a gift card for my trouble, or a box of ammo or something.
    Chief

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast