4473 didn't get signed!!!! - Page 6
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: 4473 didn't get signed!!!!

Before I give everyone the conclusion to this story, I would like to thank everyone for their input and opinions on it. Although some were quite childish and imaginative, with the name calling and all, a lot of them were very helpful and gave me a lot of insight, I do appreciate each and every post here. For we live in a country that supports our god given right to express our opinions, however wrong or right other people may think they are.
    So I called Walmart and asked to speak with the manager, I told him the entire story in detail and asked him what exactly he needed from me.
    He asked ido could come into the store to sign the form and when I got there to ask for him by name.
    So I did.....he took me to the back office and asked if I would put the whole story down on paper, I had time to kill so I obliged him. He then began to tell me that this whole ordeal had made it all the way to the corporate offices and because of it, Walmart is making a lot of changes company wide. What I didn't know was that each Walmart store that sells firearms has a "store" FFL, which means the person selling you a gun one day, could be selling you a t.v. the next day. So because of this specific situation that policy is changing. They are creating specific jobs just for the firearms section. Which is great!!! He also told me that the person that, "fudged" the form in my case was spoken to but no punishment would be handed out.
    So we talked for a little while longer and he brought out the 4473.....now I honestly thought about asking for compensation for my time, but I didn't. I signed the form and he said thanks. He also asked to walk me out and said we needed to stop by the courtesy desk. At the desk I was handed a medium size box sealed with tape, I got out to my car and opened the box. Inside it contained, 5 boxers of .223, 5 boxes of 5.56 and a bushnell red dot that details for $150.00 AWESOME, I will be shopping at Walmart again!!!
    Once more....thanks for ALL the feedback, God Bless The USA!!!

"DILLIGAF isn't an attitude, its a lifestyle, that's why its tattooed across my throat"

Quote Originally Posted by DILLIGAF View Post
    Before I give everyone the conclusion to this story, I would like to thank everyone for their input and opinions on it. Although some were quite childish and imaginative, with the name calling and all, a lot of them were very helpful and gave me a lot of insight, I do appreciate each and every post here. For we live in a country that supports our god given right to express our opinions, however wrong or right other people may think they are.
    So I called Walmart and asked to speak with the manager, I told him the entire story in detail and asked him what exactly he needed from me.
    He asked ido could come into the store to sign the form and when I got there to ask for him by name.
    So I did.....he took me to the back office and asked if I would put the whole story down on paper, I had time to kill so I obliged him. He then began to tell me that this whole ordeal had made it all the way to the corporate offices and because of it, Walmart is making a lot of changes company wide. What I didn't know was that each Walmart store that sells firearms has a "store" FFL, which means the person selling you a gun one day, could be selling you a t.v. the next day. So because of this specific situation that policy is changing. They are creating specific jobs just for the firearms section. Which is great!!! He also told me that the person that, "fudged" the form in my case was spoken to but no punishment would be handed out.
    So we talked for a little while longer and he brought out the 4473.....now I honestly thought about asking for compensation for my time, but I didn't. I signed the form and he said thanks. He also asked to walk me out and said we needed to stop by the courtesy desk. At the desk I was handed a medium size box sealed with tape, I got out to my car and opened the box. Inside it contained, 5 boxers of .223, 5 boxes of 5.56 and a bushnell red dot that details for $150.00 AWESOME, I will be shopping at Walmart again!!!

"DILLIGAF isn't an attitude, its a lifestyle, that's why its tattooed across my throat"
    Wow, if you check my last post I hit the nail on the head with my "clean-up on aisle 3" comment. Nice job, and maybe by delaying your decision you allowed it to percolate far enough up the chain to make a difference. If they ever get ammo back, it would be nice to not have to search for someone to sell it to me. Opens up a whole ne avenue of job opportunities for an FFL holder that wants place to use it.
    Chief

4473 didn't get signed!!!!

Not to judge, but in following this thread, I was very surprised with some of the suggestions that came about. It's as if some people are immune to making mistakes. Now, before I get flamed, yes, I realize that this had the potential to progress or end badly for the OP (we are talking about the Feds, after all). However, am I the only one that feels I would have scrutinized the process before I left to make sure that all i's and t's were dotted and crossed, respectively? And if I managed to make it out without signing my John Hancock, just acknowledge the mistake and go back in and rectify the situation (I'd rush back in as soon as possible in an effort to avoid getting flagged at all). I couldn't get my signature on that form fast enough.

How many examples have we seen where the bigger person took the high road and was rewarded (as in this situation)? But to expect or demand retribution or compensation just seems petty.

Also, with the recent (and still ongoing) attack on our Constitutional rights and the firearms and ammo crisis, can we really afford to lose an FFL like Wal-Mart. I live in a pretty gun-friendly state, and they've been the only store (big box retail and LGS) that has kept reasonable prices, only increasing by a buck or two per ammo box (and for the most part, keeping their gun prices the same) versus the 50-100% that's been pretty commonplace.

I'm glad this worked out well for the OP, and kudos to the Wal-Mart store manager... he understands what it means for the customer to come first.
    'I God, Woodrow, it's been quite a party, ain't it?

BumMedic.....
    I agree with your insights as far as some of the posts being.....outrageous....but as I said, what would our country be without opinions.....without free speech.....without those people to disagree and argue with....lol......not that I like to argue, but I do find it invigorating to get involved in a, "conversation" with someone who's opinion differs from my own.
    God Bless The United States Of America!!!

Quote Originally Posted by whodat2710 View Post
    Wow, if you check my last post I hit the nail on the head with my "clean-up on aisle 3" comment. Nice job, and maybe by delaying your decision you allowed it to percolate far enough up the chain to make a difference. If they ever get ammo back, it would be nice to not have to search for someone to sell it to me. Opens up a whole ne avenue of job opportunities for an FFL holder that wants place to use it.
    As Walmart already has the FFL, it only takes them adding someone as a Responsible Person in the store. And that person is the one ATF is going to go after for foul ups like this if found. Maybe I should go to the local one and offer my services to check their forms weekly. NOT!!!!!!!! Bad enough just dealing with my own paperwork. 3 days a year is enough to have to worry about, no need to double or triple it.
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Certified RSO
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider is chaos to the fly.

You did the right thing. I would bet with all the people selling firearms this happens more than what we may think. Good job
    Certified NRA Firearms Instructor
    Oklahoma SDA Instructor
    Utah CCW Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by BUmmedic View Post
    Not to judge, but in following this thread, I was very surprised with some of the suggestions that came about. It's as if some people are immune to making mistakes. Now, before I get flamed, yes, I realize that this had the potential to progress or end badly for the OP (we are talking about the Feds, after all). However, am I the only one that feels I would have scrutinized the process before I left to make sure that all i's and t's were dotted and crossed, respectively? And if I managed to make it out without signing my John Hancock, just acknowledge the mistake and go back in and rectify the situation (I'd rush back in as soon as possible in an effort to avoid getting flagged at all). I couldn't get my signature on that form fast enough.

How many examples have we seen where the bigger person took the high road and was rewarded (as in this situation)? But to expect or demand retribution or compensation just seems petty.

Also, with the recent (and still ongoing) attack on our Constitutional rights and the firearms and ammo crisis, can we really afford to lose an FFL like Wal-Mart. I live in a pretty gun-friendly state, and they've been the only store (big box retail and LGS) that has kept reasonable prices, only increasing by a buck or two per ammo box (and for the most part, keeping their gun prices the same) versus the 50-100% that's been pretty commonplace.

I'm glad this worked out well for the OP, and kudos to the Wal-Mart store manager... he understands what it means for the customer to come first.
    ATF actually makes a cheat card that is punched out in things that need checked. And normally they provide one or more to an FFL. We haven't failed to get a signature yet but at times, you do get busy. That requires double checks to make sure things are correct. If you want to see the gist of what we see on the FFL end, ATF pub 5300.15 is a guide. http://www.atf.gov/files/publication...-p-5300-15.pdf
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Certified RSO
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider is chaos to the fly.

If you do not want to drive back to sign the form, ask them to come to you.
    As a Gun community we always want to take the Moral High Ground.
    Be sure the paper gets signed. IMHO.

My Post came late to the party but Brother, You Scored!
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state,
    the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

BumMedic.....
    I agree with your insights as far as some of the posts being.....outrageous....but as I said, what would our country be without opinions.....without free speech.....without those people to disagree and argue with....lol......not that I like to argue, but I do find it invigorating to get involved in a, "conversation" with someone who's opinion differs from my own.
    God Bless The United States Of America!!!
    Debate, I like. I don't mean at all to stifle free speech, just surprised at some of what was expressed.
    'I God, Woodrow, it's been quite a party, ain't it?

Awesome... one good turn deserved another. I love it when the right thing is done and in this case, they went overboard in doing the right thing. Great experience. Thanks for sharing.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast