4473 didn't get signed!!!! - Page 7
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: 4473 didn't get signed!!!!

Very nice the way it all turned out. ...and everyone lived happily ever after!
    I think the best part was that most people advocated doing the simple "right thing" and the OP did just that. Of course the "right thing" could be subjective but often obvious. Well done and a pat on the back to that Walmart manager.
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member
    NRA Certified RSO

Quote Originally Posted by pbrungardt View Post
    Just my 2 cents here, but I would go back and sign it. It shows you have nothing to hide and it doesn't give the government or liberals any ammunition to say this is another example of how someone could circumnavigate the system.
    In addition to this, not signing, could result in both, the store loosing it's FFL and you getting a visit from law enforcement.

The liberals would love for you not to sign. Maybe, next time you, or any other law abiding citizens, want to shop for guns or ammo, Walmart won't be an option.

4. I think in the end, whether you end up signing or not, it'll be a bigger headache not to sign than to sign. If Wallyworld is truly that far away, then tell them you'll stop by next time you're around there, unless they was to reimburse you for the gas. Obviously, someone at Wallyworld made a mistake. But then again, we're all human and make mistakes. My worry would be some kid losing his minimum wage job over an administrative error, exacerbated by the fact that you may or may not cooperate in fixing the error. My recommendation: sign it and be done.

Walmart has PROVEN to be very inept when selling firearms. Many of their sales people, along with the managers themselves, do not know or understand firearms law. This is another incident I went through about 5 years ago when I purchased a Weatherby Vanguard rifle from a local Wal-Mart in my area.

The gun I purchased was a special run of rifles from Weatherby in .300 Weatherby Magnum, that were sold exclusively through Wal-Mart at a very good price. So if I wanted the rifle I had to purchase it from them.

In going through the purchasing process, filling out the 4473 form and all, the clerk, who didn't have much of a clue what he was doing, started to run a background check on me. I informed him that I had a valid Arizona CCW, and that a background check was not necessary. He argued and said everyone, including police have to go through it. I then told him to inform the person on the other end I had a valid CCW, which of course he did not.

The check came up "DELAYED". I asked him why he didn't inform them that I had a valid CCW? He gave me zero response. I got angry and demanded the number to the Instacheck line he just called. He reluctantly gave it to me and I left. I returned home leaving the gun along with the filled out form on the counter, and told him I'll be right back. I called the number and told the lady on the other end what had just happened. She asked me for my name and address, along with the number on my CCW, which I gave her. I could hear her typing on a keyboard in the background as I gave her the information.

She asked me which Wal-Mart I was dealing with, and I told her. She then told me to go there immediately, and assured me my rifle would be waiting for purchase when I got there. When I arrived and went straight to the gun counter, the clueless clerk, along with the sporting goods department manager, and the Store Manager were all waiting for me! All were extremely apologetic.

My guess is the Store Manager got a good, solid a$$ reaming from that woman on the phone for tying up their system with totally unnecessary background checks. This is what happens when stores like Walmart who sell guns, start making up their own rules that go beyond what is actually required by Federal and state laws. Things get real screwed up, real fast. I ended up making 2 trips instead of one, and a purchase that should have taken 10 minutes tops, wound up taking the better part of an afternoon. All because of people who don't know the law, but think they in fact know better.

Bottom line. Walmart has caused similar headaches for a great many other people for the same thing. It's their error, not yours.

If Wal-Mart calls again ask them to bring the form to you and you will sign since it was their mistake.

7. Quote Originally Posted by billt View Post
    Bottom line. Walmart has caused similar headaches for a great many other people for the same thing. It's their error, not yours.
    All of this bitchin' and cryin' about Wal Mart! Seems like there is a simple solution...don't buy your guns there! If you do choose to buy your guns at Wal Mart, then quit bitchin' about them when it was your decision to buy there!
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

8. Quote Originally Posted by 9026543 View Post
    If Wal-Mart calls again ask them to bring the form to you and you will sign since it was their mistake.
    Oh good grief... the situation was already resolved back in post #51! The op went in, signed their form, and Wal Mart gave him $150 in merchandise for his trouble....
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by DILLIGAF View Post
    BumMedic.....
    I agree with your insights as far as some of the posts being.....outrageous....but as I said, what would our country be without opinions.....without free speech.....without those people to disagree and argue with....lol......not that I like to argue, but I do find it invigorating to get involved in a, "conversation" with someone who's opinion differs from my own.
    God Bless The United States Of America!!!
    Here's one for you...what would our country be like if everyone did the right thing the moment they were supposed to do the right thing and didn't expect, didn't ask for, and really refused compensation for doing the right thing. Sell the ill gotten goods and give the proceeds to some charity...not likely, huh?

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567