4473 didn't get signed!!!!
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 4473 didn't get signed!!!!

I have a short story, then a question for all here.
    I recently purchased a DPMS .223/5.56 from Walmart......I know, I know.....Walmart. It's a great gun, shoots straight and true, and I am very happy with it. It has been a week since my purchase and I received a call today from Walmart stating that, "THEY", forgot to have me sign the, "4473 form", before I left with it!!!! Are you serious???? They forgot to have me sign the, "most important form" to the ATF in this process and now want me to drive back down there to fix their mistake.....
    Here is my question:
    What happens if I don't sign it???

Any input is welcome,
    Thanx....

Then expect a visit from the men in black :p
    If it doesn't fit, FORCE it! If it breaks then it needed to be replaced anyway.

Gun? What gun?
    Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    [*]Don't be afraid to use sarcasm, mockery and humiliation. They don't respect you. There's no need to pretend you respect them.
    Operation Veterans Relief: http://www.opvr.org/home.html

Next time Wally World calls it's "Sorry, wrong number."
    NRA Life Member
    NRA Certified Instructor (Pistol & Personal Defense in the Home)
    North Carolina Concealed Carry Instructor

Tell them they must have misplaced the one you signed.

I would simply call the ATF, tell them what has just happened, and ask them what you are obligated to do. This is Walmart's error, and a very serious one. These are the exact type of things FFL's are lost over.

Every FFL is responsible for insuring the form is completed properly. Their failure does not constitute an error by you. I don't believe you have any further obligation.

I agree it's your decision but definitely not your problem
    FUNNY HOW PEOPLE ALWAYS WANT THE TRUTH AS LONG AS IT'S WHAT THEY WANT TO HEAR

10. Let's hope somebody reading this an attorney with plenty of Second Amendment law experience, and will give you some advice. To me this is a toughie.

If it weren't for the probable surveillance films, and a probable record of you paying with plastic or a check, I'd say 'bury the thing off premises somewhere' and then call the ATF and tell them Walmart is 'accusing' you of getting a gun without doing the paperwork and ask what you should do. But unless you're sure there's no film, and you paid in cash, that would be a fools mission. If you know anything at all about the ATF, you know they will roll over anybody for their convenience or agenda. I can't afford to be in their way, and I doubt you can either.

Maybe your best bet is to find a NRA or GOA recommended attorney real fast and pay him a hundred or so to tell you what is the safest path here?

11. Just my 2 cents here, but I would go back and sign it. It shows you have nothing to hide and it doesn't give the government or liberals any ammunition to say this is another example of how someone could circumnavigate the system.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast