should I change the spring

Thread: should I change the spring

should I change the spring

I have a Smith & Wesson 9VE pistol and am considering replacing the trigger spring to something lighter.
    Any input will be welcome
    Here I am

I also have the SVE9 and somewhere I received a message about fixing the spring, but now I can't find it. I talked to my gun shop and they won't touch it and I understand you can't buy a spring. Where did you get one?

4. Fixing the trigger

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Bryan View Post
    I have a Smith & Wesson 9VE pistol and am considering replacing the trigger spring to something lighter.
    Any input will be welcome
    I have the SW40VE which has the same trigger group as the 9mm. When I bought it the trigger was atrocious. I searched the web and YouTube for a fix and this is the best that I found.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKit9...iE&app=desktop

I would suggest following the advice about working in plastic bag so you're not chasing springs. This fix gave me a VERY nice 4 pound trigger pull. I used a safety pin to keep the springs from getting lost. You'll understand what I mean once you see the video.

I suggest watching it through once so you know what to expect, then watch again, pausing through it at each step for reference.

Good luck.
    Last edited by MadMAF; 09-29-2013 at 10:20 AM. Reason: Got on with desktop and replaced video link

You want a light, crisp trigger...? Try this: replace your trigger group with a 1911.... wait, that's not what you meant. ;)

In all seriousness, try the youtube trick. Let us know how it goes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    [*]Don't be afraid to use sarcasm, mockery and humiliation. They don't respect you. There's no need to pretend you respect them.
    Operation Veterans Relief: http://www.opvr.org/home.html

6. Here ya go.