School posts deadly force sign... - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: School posts deadly force sign...

The school in a little town of Harrold, TX is located just a few blocks from a major US Highway, and is easily seen while traveling. Some of their teachers have been carrying guns for several years, with school board approval.
    In my home town, many of the teachers have their CHL, and our school board is supposedly considering the matter. We who are not liberals are hoping they'll allow the teachers to carry in the schools. We are attempting to get the Second Amendment Protection Act passed in Texas. If it would ever make it through, all Federal Firearms laws would be null & void. It may be a few years down the road, though.
    Stop, Drop, and Roll won't work in Hell.
    The truth about the former Republic of the United States of America:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6Ioz...ayer_embedded#

Latest update on Childress ISD, Quanah ISD, and Archer County ISD, in Texas: We now have armed teachers in all of our schools! Those who carry guns have received two classes already, and more will be occurring at later dates. Its a good day for the students!
    Stop, Drop, and Roll won't work in Hell.
    The truth about the former Republic of the United States of America:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6Ioz...ayer_embedded#

Well I can tell you this.... I would love to see the schools take a stand and post the warning sign but what I do not want to see is

1. A teacher being negligent and leave their weapon where a student can get it.
    2. for criminals to realize that there are many who are not prepared to fire their weapon.

Teachers in general are caring and loving people by nature. Going from that to pulling the trigger on someone is a big step and I am sure many teachers would find themselves second guessing their decision. Not to mention I dont know the teachers in my kids schools well enough to trust that they are competent enough to carry a gun around my child. Yes, I said incompetent teachers. I do know of a few at my kids school that I will not allow my kids to be a part of their class. All it takes is for one mistake or one teacher or teachers assistant to handle their gun wrong for me to live the rest of my life in misery of my child being killed. If there are to be armed people in schools there needs to be a special certification that those people should have to go through including proving that they know how to handle a gun.

This is just my opinion folks so if you want to have a discussion I am open to it but I will not respond to bashing posts.

ezkl2230 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by CoolClownFish View Post
    Well I can tell you this.... I would love to see the schools take a stand and post the warning sign but what I do not want to see is

2. for criminals to realize that there are many who are not prepared to fire their weapon.

Teachers in general are caring and loving people by nature. Going from that to pulling the trigger on someone is a big step and I am sure many teachers would find themselves second guessing their decision. Not to mention I dont know the teachers in my kids schools well enough to trust that they are competent enough to carry a gun around my child. Yes, I said incompetent teachers. I do know of a few at my kids school that I will not allow my kids to be a part of their class. All it takes is for one mistake or one teacher or teachers assistant to handle their gun wrong for me to live the rest of my life in misery of my child being killed. If there are to be armed people in schools there needs to be a special certification that those people should have to go through including proving that they know how to handle a gun.

This is just my opinion folks so if you want to have a discussion I am open to it but I will not respond to bashing posts.
    OK -- I have a question for you. You make the statement, "...I dont know the teachers in my kids schools well enough to trust that they are competent enough to carry a gun around my child."

Although it is difficult to do, I make a point of getting to know the teachers involved in educating my kids. Most I have been able to work with and have even developed some pretty close relationships; on the other hand, my wife (who also happens to be a public school teacher) and I helped end the career of one teacher who was in violation of IEPs and made it clear that she didn't give a rip. So what kind of effort have you made to get to know them?

Second, how many of the police in your area do you personally know well enough to be confident that they are competent enough to carry a gun around you and your family, and to entrust with your safety? Yes, I know, they are trained to handle firearms safely in bad situations. I am a staunch backer of law enforcement, but that doesn't change the fact that statistics say that you are 5-1/2 times more likely to be shot and killed by mistake by an officer than by your fellow civilian using their firearm in lawful self defense - even though those civilians use their firearms for self defense more often and actually kill more bad guys than police do.

Something to think about. It is the very nature of most teachers to be protective of their students that makes it less likely that they will take unnecessary chances with them. And by the way, it isn't just teachers who could leave their firearms unattended:

Cop leaves loaded gun in bathroom, 9 year old boy finds it | The Libertarian Republic
    Massachusetts police officer suspended after leaving gun in courthouse bathroom | Fox News

Quote Originally Posted by FNWylde View Post
    School Sign Warns: 'Any Attempt to Harm Kids Will Be Met With Deadly Force' | Occupy America

Arkansas School Posts Sign Warning That Teachers Are Armed, Gunmen Will Be ‘Met With Deadly Force’ - Democratic Underground

Ok, its a private shool in AR, not subject to state laws. Links to the real story posted. OP, may be best to delete the Grand Rapids narrative, misleads one to believe this is actually GR.
    The articles are nice. What is scary is reading what the gun-grabbers responses are. Almost makes me want to limit my gun-toting protective efforts to close friends and family just so I don't offend anyone.
    Chief

Quote Originally Posted by CapGun View Post
    I wonder which sign might be more effective? After all, those that bring guns into a gun free school zone could face Federal penalties as the sign says.
    But when they bring them with evil intent, their goal is usually death by cop...
    Chief

ezkl2230 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by whodat2710 View Post
    But when they bring them with evil intent, their goal is usually death by cop...
    Actually, most of the mass shooters commit suicide before the police even get to them.

Quote Originally Posted by CoolClownFish View Post

I personally disagree with everything you stated, except for
    Teachers in general are caring and loving people by nature.
    What you fail to grasp is that that care will override almost any problem a teacher might have with capping a gangsta that threatens the students.
    -
    I also call BS on your little signature block quote. The guy is misinformed. How can concealed carry PREVENT anything unless it is advertised that people are carrying concealed? In which case, why conceal anything?
    Chief

Quote Originally Posted by ezkl2230 View Post
    OK -- I have a question for you. You make the statement, "...I dont know the teachers in my kids schools well enough to trust that they are competent enough to carry a gun around my child."

Although it is difficult to do, I make a point of getting to know the teachers involved in educating my kids. Most I have been able to work with and have even developed some pretty close relationships; on the other hand, my wife (who also happens to be a public school teacher) and I helped end the career of one teacher who was in violation of IEPs and made it clear that she didn't give a rip. So what kind of effort have you made to get to know them?

Second, how many of the police in your area do you personally know well enough to be confident that they are competent enough to carry a gun around you and your family, and to entrust with your safety? Yes, I know, they are trained to handle firearms safely in bad situations. I am a staunch backer of law enforcement, but that doesn't change the fact that statistics say that you are 5-1/2 times more likely to be shot and killed by mistake by an officer than by your fellow civilian using their firearm in lawful self defense - even though those civilians use their firearms for self defense more often and actually kill more bad guys than police do.

Something to think about. It is the very nature of most teachers to be protective of their students that makes it less likely that they will take unnecessary chances with them. And by the way, it isn't just teachers who could leave their firearms unattended:

Cop leaves loaded gun in bathroom, 9 year old boy finds it | The Libertarian Republic
    Massachusetts police officer suspended after leaving gun in courthouse bathroom | Fox News
    I have also made it a priority to try to know about the teachers in my kids school. However I have noticed that the only information that the teachers share is about the classroom and my child, Not themselves. I have no clue where the 30 something teachers stand on the issue of guns or guns in schools for protection. I also don't know them well enough to trust that they know about handling guns safely or at all for that matter. That is just not how it is here where I live. This is a public school and unless you "File" for the information in the form of a formal request you might and might not get the info. I am in no way bashing teachers, I have teachers in my family. All I am saying is I feel that a teacher or principal that is going to carry in a school with my children Will either have extensive training and certain rules or regulations in place to avoid any unforeseen issues or my kids won't go there. And to answer your question I DO NOT know any of my local police officers and with that I do not trust any of them. I also understand that it isn't just teachers who could leave their firearms unattended Thus I have taught my children from a young age how to handle most any situation they could run into regarding a gun or other weapons (The only gun control we Need is in the home....).

Quote Originally Posted by whodat2710 View Post
    I personally disagree with everything you stated, except for What you fail to grasp is that that care will override almost any problem a teacher might have with capping a gangsta that threatens the students.
    I really don't know how to respond to this. Capping A Gangsta? I can show you hardened criminals that would give pulling the trigger on someone a second thought. Teachers can and will defend the students in most cases. I am not saying they wouldn't, I am saying there is ALWAYS the hesitation before pulling that trigger. I have stated that I would not have problem pulling the trigger if I was put into the position where I had to but to tell you the truth I recently had an instance where if I hadn't had that (1-2 second) "second thought" I would have shot someone I shouldn't have. This was a week ago. So no matter how much people say "I am ready" or "I won't have a problem" has not had the unfortunate need to be in that position. Nobody in their right mind "Wants" to injure or kill someone. I also would like to point out that Just recently a Principal asked a Police Officer to NOT come to the school to drop his daughter off while in uniform because people are worried he carries a gun. This is exactly what I was pointing out. This is a principal that obviously has no respect for the Second Amendment or Respect for the local police officers.

I also call BS on your little signature block quote. The guy is misinformed. How can concealed carry PREVENT anything unless it is advertised that people are carrying concealed? In which case, why conceal anything?
    If you click on my signature it will give you the source of the information and you can argue it with him. If you think your smarter than someone who has put in years of his life into his research, I would pay to see that debate. So please go be ignorant to him not me.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast