School posts deadly force sign... - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: School posts deadly force sign...

Quote Originally Posted by CoolClownFish View Post
    If you click on my signature it will give you the source of the information and you can argue it with him. If you think your smarter than someone who has put in years of his life into his research, I would pay to see that debate. So please go be ignorant to him not me.
    Ignorant? The guy is at the university of Chicago. I believe this quote was probably prior to - and in support of - getting concealed carry approved in that state. I don't begrudge him that effort, and him using a straw man argument is exactly what the libs that run that city are used to. It does not take a PHD to figure out that CC in and of itself is not a deterrent. While the knowledge that the citizenry MAY be armed is a deterrent, for a professor to say that it "WOULD" (definitive, not subjective) have prevented the above stated crimes is an empty argument that provides the gun-grabbers something to refute. If he had instead used the words "COULD HAVE", and simply attributed it to the citizenry being armed in general, rather than CC it would be correct.
    Chief

Well I can tell you this.... I would love to see the schools take a stand and post the warning sign but what I do not want to see is

1. A teacher being negligent and leave their weapon where a student can get it.
    2. for criminals to realize that there are many who are not prepared to fire their weapon.

Teachers in general are caring and loving people by nature. Going from that to pulling the trigger on someone is a big step and I am sure many teachers would find themselves second guessing their decision. Not to mention I dont know the teachers in my kids schools well enough to trust that they are competent enough to carry a gun around my child. Yes, I said incompetent teachers. I do know of a few at my kids school that I will not allow my kids to be a part of their class. All it takes is for one mistake or one teacher or teachers assistant to handle their gun wrong for me to live the rest of my life in misery of my child being killed. If there are to be armed people in schools there needs to be a special certification that those people should have to go through including proving that they know how to handle a gun.

This is just my opinion folks so if you want to have a discussion I am open to it but I will not respond to bashing posts.

I apologize for using a phrase (capping a gangsta) that you don't approve of. I hate the politically correct term "active shooter". To me an active shooter is someone that is serious about training with their guns and makes frequent trips to the range or participates in competitions.
    -
    I also understand that there may be hesitation, but consider this: They are not forcing the teachers to be armed, they are allowing it. Those teachers that choose to be armed will still have to comply with whatever state requirements are in place, which includes training in most states. Those that choose to be armed will probably also have the students welfare in mind when making that decision, and others may already be armed but required to leave their gun in the car while at work.
    Chief

Quote Originally Posted by whodat2710 View Post
    I apologize for using a phrase (capping a gangsta) that you don't approve of. I hate the politically correct term "active shooter". To me an active shooter is someone that is serious about training with their guns and makes frequent trips to the range or participates in competitions.
    -
    I also understand that there may be hesitation, but consider this: They are not forcing the teachers to be armed, they are allowing it. Those teachers that choose to be armed will still have to comply with whatever state requirements are in place, which includes training in most states. Those that choose to be armed will probably also have the students welfare in mind when making that decision, and others may already be armed but required to leave their gun in the car while at work.
    I agree with what you say here. That's exactly what I was getting at in the first place. However the leaving guns in their cars is a bad idea in and of itself. Here in Utah, cars are proken into so often that the police don't even respond to the call anymore, They take the report over the phone and you never hear from them again. It would be a really bad thing if a student breaks into a teachers car and takes the gun from there.

I agree with what you say here. That's exactly what I was getting at in the first place. However the leaving guns in their cars is a bad idea in and of itself. Here in Utah, cars are proken into so often that the police don't even respond to the call anymore, They take the report over the phone and you never hear from them again. It would be a really bad thing if a student breaks into a teachers car and takes the gun from there.
    Why to you zero in on the most innocuous part of my posts? From "Cappin a gangsta" to leaving a gun in the car? Fine, they lock it securely in a gun safe in their car, or god forbid they leave it at home because they can't carry at work. THAT WAS NOT THE POINT!!!
    Chief

Quote Originally Posted by whodat2710 View Post
    Why to you zero in on the most innocuous part of my posts? From "Cappin a gangsta" to leaving a gun in the car? Fine, they lock it securely in a gun safe in their car, or god forbid they leave it at home because they can't carry at work. THAT WAS NOT THE POINT!!!
    OK, As it seems that you only want to argue I'm done. THE WHOLE POINT IS THEY NEED TRAINING BEFORE THEY CARRY IN A SCHOOL WITH CHILDREN. I can type in all caps too. Stop being so defensive dude. This was a post to discuss "MY OPINION" so if you don't agree with "MY OPINION" Oh well. Life's a beach isn't it?....... And to address your comment a little further, Leaving a gun in a car where you no longer have control of it is not only negligent it is irresponsible.

When I moved on to the subject of the gun in the car I figured you had enough sense to understand that the comment "I agree with what you say here. That's exactly what I was getting at in the first place." meant I was moving on and agreed with you. So if you want to debate something leave the attitude and pay attention to what you are reading otherwise it is not a debate it is an argument.

7. I just got off the phone with a former classmate of '73, regarding out 40th year reunion. She said 6 schools in Johnson County Arkansas (including Clarksville, that started the trend) are near getting legal hurdles nullified, so they may carry.

The teachers/staff are getting extensive training (75 hours, I believe) in handling murderous madmen scenarios, by a nationally known training academy. I don't know the name of the academy.

I hope they are successful with their push. Of course there are hand-wringing antis involved, who don't want to send their kids to the schools. Their choice; home school, or send the child to another unprotected school.

It takes gonads to push through the political, leftist mentality currently held by the state's attorney general and other kool-aid drinking sheep in the political trough.

If the district is successful, I hope what they accomplished, and how, should be available for other districts to consider.

I'll post information about this later, when and if success is achieved, or not.

Oh! Some teachers/staff have gotten around the AG's, "no teacher or staff may carry, unless they are a private armed security company (they are) or teachers and staff, but not both". The training many have gotten so far, has qualified them to be sheriff's deputies, and they are now armed police, with the sheriff's blessing. I like the idea of deputies teaching classes. This gives the teachers/staff credibility to carry sidearms as LEOs. Great dedication from those teachers and staff to pursue this!

It shows how much the teachers/staffs care about child safety in their district, while democratic state legislators do not.
    I'm a firm believer in two term limits for all politicians; one in office, the other in prison.

Quote Originally Posted by r1derbike View Post
    I just got off the phone with a former classmate of '73, regarding out 40th year reunion. She said 6 schools in Johnson County Arkansas (including Clarksville, that started the trend) are near getting legal hurdles nullified, so they may carry.

The teachers/staff are getting extensive training (75 hours, I believe) in handling murderous madmen scenarios, by a nationally known training academy. I don't know the name of the academy.

I hope they are successful with their push. Of course there are hand-wringing antis involved, who don't want to send their kids to the schools. Their choice; home school, or send the child to another unprotected school.

It takes gonads to push through the political, leftist mentality currently held by the state's attorney general and other kool-aid drinking sheep in the political trough.
    That's good to hear. I am glad to hear about the training as well. Puts me at ease a little that it may become the norm for school officials. This will be a good news topic to follow.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123