School posts deadly force sign...
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: School posts deadly force sign...

ezkl2230 Guest

School posts deadly force sign...

At least one school is bucking the trend and has posted signs warning active shooters that they will be met with deadly force.

I like this! It takes police in Grand Rapids, MI, on average, 18 minutes to respond to 911 calls. At the beginning of the school year, they told teachers in Grand Rapids Public Schools that they need to hold out for 10 minutes, yet a report by security experts analyzing school shootings concluded that every minute it takes for police to respond to an active shooter call can result in the deaths of three or more people. So that 10 minute wait theoretically could result in the deaths of 30 people and the injury of many more. The same experts that arrived at this conclusion also concluded, based on a thorough examination of previous mass shooting events, that,

"The other statistic that emerged from a study of active killers is that they almost exclusively seek out "gun free" zones for their attacks. In most states, concealed handguns are prohibited at schools and on college campuses even for those with permits. Many malls and workplaces also place signs at their entrances prohibiting firearms on the premises. Now tacticians believe the signs themselves may be an invitation to the active killers. The psychological profile of a mass murderer indicates he is looking to inflict the most casualties as quickly as possible," When Seconds Count: Stopping Active Killers, Brendan Keefe, 11/21/2008.
    Nationally, violent crime has been trending down as firearm ownership and carry has shot up. Criminals know that they are likely to be met by an individual who has the ability to defend themself. The exceptions? Schools, malls, theaters. And where are the mass shootings occurring? Schools, malls, theaters - the very places that believe that posting a sign is sufficient to stop crime.

Let our teachers and school staff defend themselves and our children - and watch how quickly such events become a thing of the past.

WOW. A school board with balls enough to take care of there own.They have my praises
    FUNNY HOW PEOPLE ALWAYS WANT THE TRUTH AS LONG AS IT'S WHAT THEY WANT TO HEAR

4. That's nice to see, if I had kids in school these days I would feel more comfortable knowing there are some responsible armed adults at school able and willing to protect my kids.
    I have heard there are more women and teachers buying guns and getting permits, its about time.

FNWylde Guest
    Have to ask the source of the pic and is it truly Grand Rapids or is the narrative just pointing out that it takes 18 minutes for a 911 response in GR?

FNWylde Guest
    School Sign Warns: 'Any Attempt to Harm Kids Will Be Met With Deadly Force' | Occupy America

Arkansas School Posts Sign Warning That Teachers Are Armed, Gunmen Will Be ‘Met With Deadly Force’ - Democratic Underground

Ok, its a private shool in AR, not subject to state laws. Links to the real story posted. OP, may be best to delete the Grand Rapids narrative, misleads one to believe this is actually GR.

ezkl2230 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by FNWylde View Post
    Have to ask the source of the pic and is it truly Grand Rapids or is the narrative just pointing out that it takes 18 minutes for a 911 response in GR?
    No, this is not a school in Grand Rapids. I apologize if it came across that way. My point was that I wish that Grand Rapids schools would have the guts to do such a thing, especially given the average 911 response times. I believe the sign is posted at a school in Arkansas.

8. It is an abomination that public schools in AR cannot have staff/teachers trained as security guards. Clarksville High School staff/teachers went through rigorous training and had all the proper paper work, but the AR attorney general squashed their plans to protect students, saying they could be a private company of security guards, or teachers and staff, but not both.

This from a Democratic AG, caught-up in a deadly sex scandal, and his term is up soon. The idiot will not be coming back. This moron should be held culpable for any violence from nut jobs using gun free zones as killing fields in Arkansas. Blatant stupidity does not describe his opinion on this matter, it's worse than that! There are far worse descriptions, but I can't use them here.

Whatever law he gave his opinion on, should be struck/repealed, and new legislation that is airtight put in its place. I don't know where to begin, but getting the Democratic AG and Governor out of office will be a healthy start, then replacing them with Republicans. It's being "worked-on" now.
    I'm a firm believer in two term limits for all politicians; one in office, the other in prison.

Hm. Either way would be nice to see Schools open their doors to Concealed carry with proper training, or at least contract Armed Security Officers to all school locations. But as long as the liberal mind is alive, so will stupid ideas such as gun free zones.
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier....One died for your soul; the other for your freedom.

I wonder which sign might be more effective? After all, those that bring guns into a gun free school zone could face Federal penalties as the sign says.
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member
    NRA Certified RSO

ezkl2230 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by CapGun View Post
    I wonder which sign might be more effective? After all, those that bring guns into a gun free school zone could face Federal penalties as the sign says.
    The GFSZA contains an exemption for CPL holders whose states mandate background checks as part of the application process. As long as the teacher holds a CPL in a state that allows carry on school grounds they should be fine.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast