Do You Feel Comfortable Open Carrying at the Mall? - Page 4

View Poll Results: Do You Feel Comfortable Open Carrying at the Mall?

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

14 41.18%
  • No

18 52.94%
  • Undecided

2 5.88%
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Do You Feel Comfortable Open Carrying at the Mall?

1. Quote Originally Posted by Chris Rakes View Post
    hogwash
    Some comments are so sophisticated, insightful, and profound that they transcend the ability of mere mortals to fully grasp.

Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    Quote Originally Posted by nosreme View Post
    Some comments are so sophisticated, insightful, and profound that they transcend the ability of mere mortals to fully grasp.
    Right, and lest you be left thoroughly self-deluded, yours are not among those types of comments.
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

Quote Originally Posted by 88keys View Post
    No. Our state is technically legal, but our county's sheriff appears not keen on citizen's carry, and fought against shall carry. No one OC's in our county that I've noticed, at least in city limits, and I'm guessing that's why.
    Fight the establishment on this one. If it's legal, and you don't avail yourself the opportunity, they win.
    Chief

Quote Originally Posted by nosreme View Post
    How you carry is a function of how you want to be seen. It also has to reflect a realization how you will be perceived--and how others might act on those perceptions. It is not unreasonable at all for an average citizen to perceive open display of guns as a sign of discomforting narcissism at best and a potential threat at worst, and to resolve any doubt in favor of calling the police. That's especially true what with escalating predictions that terrorists, some American-grown, are certainly going to target soft targets like shopping malls. The non-shooting citizen's position of "better to be safe than sorry" is likely to trump the gun-carrier's rhetoric about demonstrating a constitutional and/or state-law right, at least until things get sorted out.
    IMHO, if a gun grabber sees you open carrying in a place where it is legal, more often than not they assume you are law enforcement. That makes them feel better in their little minds.
    Chief

IMHO, how you carry YOURSELF, not your weapon, is what gets noticed. Representing Federal LE for 25 years in the Coast Guard, I have open carried in a lot of places where it is either not expected or not allowed. While doing this in uniform is a little different, it effects how I carry myself while in civilian clothes. If YOU as a person do not appear threatening or unprofessional, the fact that you have a gun on your hip is an afterthought. If you look sketchy, or appear uncomfortable that you are openly armed, this will effect how others perceive you.
    Chief

7. Quote Originally Posted by BluesStringer View Post
    Right, and lest you be left thoroughly self-deluded, yours are not among those types of comments.
    Evidently at least one is completely oblivious to even pointed, obvious sarcasm. Sigh...

8. Quote Originally Posted by nosreme View Post
    Evidently at least one is completely oblivious to even pointed, obvious sarcasm. Sigh...
    Yes, it is quite evident that you are oblivious.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

9. back to the OP. i guess the reason that i don't feel uncomfortable in a mall, is that i carry open 24/7 (yes even in bed). if the mall says i can't carry there, then i don't go there, simple as that. i haven't seen a mall yet, that had anything i couldn't get somewhere else. also the places i go, if not welcoming to me and my firearm, are at least indifferent about it

maybe you have time and money to waste going other places, including jail, but I don't. So I ccw, always and everywhere. I want the element of surprise to be on MY side. If some armed punk makes the mistake of taking his eyes off me for just 1/2 second, it will be the last thing he ever does.

AZ, NM is open carry and yes I do when in AZ at my place, everywhere, Texas is concealed carry as such I don't carry far as you know. If open carry is legal I open carry.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast