Do You Feel Comfortable Open Carrying at the Mall? - Page 5

View Poll Results: Do You Feel Comfortable Open Carrying at the Mall?

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

14 41.18%
  • No

18 52.94%
  • Undecided

2 5.88%
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Do You Feel Comfortable Open Carrying at the Mall?

Quote Originally Posted by thru View Post
    maybe you have time and money to waste going other places, including jail, but I don't. So I ccw, always and everywhere. I want the element of surprise to be on MY side. If some armed punk makes the mistake of taking his eyes off me for just 1/2 second, it will be the last thing he ever does.
    It seems only you have the time and money to waste going to jail if you ccw "everywhere." Maybe you don't care about the infringement set forth to ccw, but I do. So I normally open carry. I want the element of deterrence on MY side. So while you can play catch up cowboy quick draw with your surprise after you have been chosen a victim, I'll safely be left alone while "some armed punk" chooses a ccw person.

Sent from my HTCONE using USA Carry mobile app
    “One of the illusions of life is that the present hour is not the critical, decisive one.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson

3. Quote Originally Posted by thru View Post
    maybe you have time and money to waste going other places, including jail, but I don't. So I ccw, always and everywhere. I want the element of surprise to be on MY side. If some armed punk makes the mistake of taking his eyes off me for just 1/2 second, it will be the last thing he ever does.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefighterchen View Post
    It seems only you have the time and money to waste going to jail if you ccw "everywhere." Maybe you don't care about the infringement set forth to ccw, but I do. So I normally open carry. I want the element of deterrence on MY side. So while you can play catch up cowboy quick draw with your surprise after you have been chosen a victim, I'll safely be left alone while "some armed punk" chooses a ccw person.

Sent from my HTCONE using USA Carry mobile app
    Firefighterchen, you obviously don't realize who has blessed us with his presence. It's obvious that thru is the self-proclaimed internet champion of the "element of surprise" quick draw! He's so fast, he doesn't even need to keep his gun loaded! Imagine the bad guys' surprise when he draws his unloaded gun!

Quote Originally Posted by thru View Post
    like almost all cops do, with a rd chambered,and i can do the same in 1.5 seconds, starting chamber empty, who is taking silly chances, you or me? :-)
    I am surprised thru didn't call himself "The Waco Kid" after his hero and mentor. As thru sees himself:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMfBk_k_79g

As others see thru [Hey! That's a pun! "Sees thru!" :-)] in reality:

Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

4. Quote Originally Posted by thru View Post
    i don't waste anytime by going to a un-American place where my 2nd A is not honored. i will not give my money to such a place. i don't know what you mean about going to jail. but in most states a business can post their property against guns. if you go in there armed, then you are breaking the law.

Now please carry and carry often, so don't get me wrong. if you are uncomfortable carrying as an honest person and are worried about the sheeple, then go ahead and CC, but just realize why you do it

as far as "wanting the element of surprise", i have heard that junk before. that just means you want to shoot someone sort of like a booby trap. you are making yourself a soft target so you can be robbed. believe me they would have to take their eyes of you for more then half a second to uncover and get your firearm out

but again please carry always, no mater how you do it

5. hey NAVYLCDR, i just wanted you to know i literally live in Mayberry. i could tell you stories

I carry a M&P 40, and I have had some mothers at the mall commenting how kids are at the mall and I should know better....whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by docpibar View Post
    I carry a M&P 40, and I have had some mothers at the mall commenting how kids are at the mall and I should know better....whatever.
    It's for the children,Doc!

8. Our malls post no firearms. Our state has concealed and open carry. I do not go to any posted mall if it can be avoided. I shop online first. If the brick and mortar stores want my business......then be firearm friendly. I would open carry everywhere if it was allowed.

Quote Originally Posted by docpibar View Post
    That's when you respond, "Exactly ma'am, if any bad guys come around while I'm here, there won't be any left to harm your children."
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

10. Quote Originally Posted by docpibar View Post
    sorry to be OT. but, this is one argue, i just don't get. how can me carrying a firearm, harm any Children. i mean really, will the gun jump out and kill children when it sees them? will they (children) fall over dead by seeing someone responsibly carrying

11. Quote Originally Posted by Coyote Blue View Post
    Do You Feel Comfortable Open Carrying at the Mall?

Of course, this is under the assumption that your state allows OC legally without, or in some cases, with a license.

Here is a map, courtesy of Open Carry.Org:

I voted, "No," for 2 reasons. First, the local malls have the stupid gun buster signs up, so I don't go there. Second, I don't open carry anywhere except at home or in the woods.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast