XDs Recall: Did you send yours in? - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: XDs Recall: Did you send yours in?

ezkl2230 Guest
    They began shipping firearms back today!!!

Springfield 3.3 XD-S™ 9mm pistols - serial numbers between XS900000 and XS938700
    Springfield 3.3 XD-S™ .45ACP pistols - serial numbers between XS500000 and XS686300

We are pleased to announce that the process of upgrading XD-S™ pistols has begun, and we will start shipping TODAY on a first-received/first-upgraded basis.

In our last update, we reported that upgraded pistols would start shipping sometime next week. But our team has been working around the clock and we are thrilled to start shipping today.

We have greatly increased our staff to get upgraded pistols back to customers quickly, and we are committed to achieving the fastest turnaround times possible. For now, we are unable to provide specific return shipping date ranges, but we do expect to share more information next Friday after we've had a full week to gauge how efficiently we will be able to complete this process.

When upgrades are finished on individual firearms, customers will receive a shipping notice and tracking information at the e-mail address they provided for the XD-S™ recall. And as a token of our appreciation for our customers' patience and support, we will also be enclosing an XD-S™ extended magazine with X-tension sleeve with each pistol we return.

As we reported last week, our engineers have redesigned the grip safety and created more positive engagement between the sear and striker on the upgraded XD-S™ pistols. Our solution delivers the advantages of a smoother and more consistent trigger feel with just a slightly increased trigger pull. We chose this option based on the two most important attributes to self-defense firearm owners - safety and reliability - and we are confident that our customers will be extremely pleased with their upgraded pistols.

We want to again express our deep gratitude to all of our valued customers for their loyalty to Springfield Armory®.
    They began shipping firearms back today!!!

[QUOTE]

Great news!! Springfield just announced that they are commencing shipping out XDS; on a first in first out basis; I hope all of those that were screaming lawsuit will be glad to know that no-one was injured because Springfield was pro-active in getting the handguns out of the hands of the owners before a tragic event transpired! I can trust a company like them!!!

4. I just received my recall notice in the mail today. Har! Better late than never! Shipped mine in weeks ago. I'm gonna dig that 7-round mag., they are throwing-in!

The best part of it, the Springfield Champion I'm carrying won't try to drop my trousers. That thing is heavy, and hard to conceal.

I wonder what "slight" increase in pull actually means? I thought the trigger on mine was heavy at over 7 lbs., gritty and vague feeling.

Heavier trigger I may practice away, just hope the new trigger mods will enhance its pull and break.

Also wondering if new guns will have the exact modifications, or something tailored to mass production lines?

Think I'll bop over to the xd owner website and see what's poppin'.
    I'm a firm believer in two term limits for all politicians; one in office, the other in prison.

Riderbike, where did you get the information that they are including a 7 round mag? I did not see that anywhere; It would be a good thing though!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by r1derbike View Post
    I just received my recall notice in the mail today. Har! Better late than never! Shipped mine in weeks ago. I'm gonna dig that 7-round mag., they are throwing-in!

The best part of it, the Springfield Champion I'm carrying won't try to drop my trousers. That thing is heavy, and hard to conceal.

I wonder what "slight" increase in pull actually means? I thought the trigger on mine was heavy at over 7 lbs., gritty and vague feeling.

Heavier trigger I may practice away, just hope the new trigger mods will enhance its pull and break.

Also wondering if new guns will have the exact modifications, or something tailored to mass production lines?

6. Quote Originally Posted by PastorMCC View Post
    Riderbike, where did you get the information that they are including a 7 round mag? I did not see that anywhere; It would be a good thing though!!!
    RecallUpdate
    I'm a firm believer in two term limits for all politicians; one in office, the other in prison.

Thanks r1derbike; I saw it after I posted the reply to you; I was planning on ordering two of the 7 round mags for range use; Now I only have to order one.

ezkl2230 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by r1derbike View Post
    I just received my recall notice in the mail today. Har! Better late than never! Shipped mine in weeks ago. I'm gonna dig that 7-round mag., they are throwing-in!

Here is the GunsAmerica review of the upgraded XD-S's:

Springfield Armory XD-S Recall ? Update & Review of Upgraded Guns

Haven't sent mine in yet. Wanted to wait until a fix was made and returns were happening. Will be sending mine in shortly.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyjake View Post
    Haven't sent mine in yet. Wanted to wait until a fix was made and returns were happening. Will be sending mine in shortly.
    I would give it some time as they are still extremely backlogged and you will still end up waiting for quite some time. I think they are still saying new returns are 8-14 weeks out. Just FYI....

ezkl2230 Guest
    Here is the video Springfield posted with their latest FAQ update:

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234