XDs Recall: Did you send yours in?
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: XDs Recall: Did you send yours in?

XDs Recall: Did you send yours in?

Just wondering how many of us sent in our XDs for the recall? If you did, have you learned anything lately about turnaround time?

3. They're saying four to six weeks from the time they get them.

I was told 8-12 weeks today. Also told they did not have a fix yet according to the Customer Service Rep.

Nope -- and I'm not going to either...

Quote Originally Posted by flyandscuba View Post
    Nope -- and I'm not going to either...
    I made the mistake of sending mine in as soon as I learned about the recall. Totally sucks!

7. Quote Originally Posted by CoolClownFish View Post
    I was told 8-12 weeks today. Also told they did not have a fix yet according to the Customer Service Rep.
    Sux, big time. I sent mine in right away. Carrying the Springfield Champion 'til this disaster gets sorted.

It appears they wanted many XD-S sidearms off the streets with their recall, but the fix and return dates keep getting pushed back.

Still no fix? Not good news. This could turn into class-action litigation if SA keeps giving us the runaround on this issue.

Don't think I'll be buying any more SA products, when and if this debacle gets solved.

If they can't figure-out what the hell is wrong soon, they should refund purchase price on the sidearms.

The company has lost face with the handling of this recall. Inexcusable. YMMV.
    I'm a firm believer in two term limits for all politicians; one in office, the other in prison.

Quote Originally Posted by r1derbike View Post
    Sux, big time. I sent mine in right away. Carrying the Springfield Champion 'til this disaster gets sorted.

It appears they wanted many XD-S sidearms off the streets with their recall, but the fix and return dates keep getting pushed back.

Still no fix? Not good news. This could turn into class-action litigation if SA keeps giving us the runaround on this issue.

Don't think I'll be buying any more SA products, when and if this debacle gets solved.

If they can't figure-out what the hell is wrong soon, they should refund purchase price on the sidearms.

The company has lost face with the handling of this recall. Inexcusable. YMMV.
    I agree totally and have already consulted a lawyer. However, When i mentioned this on XDTalk I was bashed by all the "Big Shots" over there.

so if anyone plans on bashing me you will get ignored. ;)

9. XDs Recall: Did you send yours in?

Is this recall just for XD-S's or is it for all XD's? I haven't heard anything about this.

10. Quote Originally Posted by usmcspires6803 View Post
    Is this recall just for XD-S's or is it for all XD's? I haven't heard anything about this.
    Yes.. Just the 9mm and .45 XDs models.

Go Seahawks!

I may be in the minority here, but issuing a voluntary recall for something that may cause an injury (especially due to an unintentional discharge) seems like a commendable stance and action for Springfield. Yes, it's frustrating to lose a firearm that for many is a great piece that has never given any issues, but I can count on more than one hand how many times I wish other companies and industries would take similar actions with their products.

I say kudos to Springfield, take your time, and return my XD-Ss in a better and safer condition than they were in before.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast