WOW...Statistics....

Thread: WOW...Statistics....

WOW...Statistics....

Check out these statistics that two University of Chicago professors calculated. I knew that the, "stats" were out of this world.......but after Proff. John Lott (Thanks Proff)
    emailed me their actual findings.....all I can say is WOW!!!!

"Allowing citizens to carry concealed firearms deters violent crimes and it appears to produce no increase in accidental deaths. If those states which did not have right to carry concealed gun provisions had adopted them in 1992, approximately 1,570 murders, 4,177 rapes and over 60,000 aggravated assaults would have been avoided yearly." –Professor John R. Lott, Jr. and David B. Mustard, University of Chicago.

I am putting those stats in my Signature dude. That's awesome. :)

Quote Originally Posted by CoolClownFish View Post
    I am putting those stats in my Signature dude. That's awesome. :)
    HOLY COW!!!I knew this to be true but seeing it in writing==== and let me.get this right,a professor from Chicago showing this.WOW THIS DOES MY HEART GOOD.TO BAD IT WON'T EVER MAKE.IT TO PRIME.TIME.
    FUNNY HOW PEOPLE ALWAYS WANT THE TRUTH AS LONG AS IT'S WHAT THEY WANT TO HEAR

There. Ya'll like it? feel free to use it here is the link http://i1196.photobucket.com/albums/.../gunfaqsig.png

If you're inclined to this sort of thing, Lott has several books and articles that present this type of information.
    Si vis pacem para bellum

Yes Proff Lott is a good friend of my uncle and his literature is phenomenal!!!! I will list some of his works here in a few.....

Best part is I believe Lott was going to be hired to prove the other way.

Jon R. Lott Jr.

More Guns Less Crime 1998

The Bias Against Guns 2003

FREDOMNOMICS 2007

Straight Shooting 2010

Nightmare45.....Yes actually this very study that we are speaking of in this post, was expected to go the opposite way by the, "agency" (that to this day remains anonymous) that hired Proff. Lott and his associates to conduct. Once the study was complete the, "agency" tried to bury the findings, but Proff. Lott took them public on a national level.

Quote Originally Posted by DILLIGAF View Post
    Nightmare45.....Yes actually this very study that we are speaking of in this post, was expected to go the opposite way by the, "agency" (that to this day remains anonymous) that hired Proff. Lott and his associates to conduct. Once the study was complete the, "agency" tried to bury the findings, but Proff. Lott took them public on a national level.
    And I commend him for going public even though he didn't have to. This kind of information is extremely important to know.