Obama shifts $45 million for armed cops in schools — a la NRA
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Obama shifts $45 million for armed cops in schools — a la NRA

Obama shifts $45 million for armed cops in schools ? a la NRA - Washington Times

It’s almost like a page right out of the National Rifle Association playbook: The Obama administration has announced millions of dollars in funding to put armed officers in the nation’s schools.

Specifically, the Department of Justice said $45 million is going to “create 356 new school resource officer positions,” CNN reported. The money is coming from Community Oriented Policing Services grant dollars — and first up on the list of intended recipients is Newtown, Conn., the site of the massive Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting. The money to Newtown will fund two new officers in the town’s schools, Breitbart reported.

SPECIAL COVERAGE: Second Amendment and Gun Control

Attorney General Eric H. Holder Jr. said of the grants: “In the wake of past tragedies, it’s clear that we need to be willing to take all possible steps to ensure that our kids are safe when they go to school.”

But the NRA was way ahead on that belief. Just days after the Sandy Hook shooting occurred, Wayne LaPierre, the NRA’s executive vice president and chief executive officer, suggested more armed guards inside the schools. He said that “we protect our banks … airports, office buildings, power plants [and] sports stadiums [with] armed security.” Why not kids in schools?

As Breitbart reported in December — in the wake of the Sandy Hook massacre and the Obama administration’s pledge to crack down on guns and Second Amendment rights — the president’s own children attend a school that staffs armed security guards. At Sidwell Friends School in Washington, 11 armed guards patrol the campus grounds. At the time of the report, the school was in process of hiring two more.
    The only easy day was yesterday
    Dedicated to my brother in law who died
    doing what he loved being a Navy SEAL

3. Wow. A total turnaround on Obama policy. He and his administration publicly stated armed guards/officers were not the answer for childrens' safety in schools, after the tragedies, and attempted to remove guns/magazines and more from the hands of law-abiding citizens, using these tragedies for political agendas.

The NRA's position was poo-poo'd by the Obama administration publicly, and in meetings.

The idiocy of this President and administration is second to none. It's about time they started listening to reason and sanity. Idiots!

Do as we say, not as we do, because we are beltway ivory tower elitists!
    I'm a firm believer in two term limits for all politicians; one in office, the other in prison.

0bama Admin, seen one hypocrite, seen them all.
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Certified RSO
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider is chaos to the fly.

Hypocrite or elite strategist? 356 officers? Really. Pennsylvania alone has 500 school districts with many more school buildings than that. What the hell is this going to do? Nothing. Obama just bought a "get off my back now card" for $45 million of the tax payers' dollars.

And from some of the posts, you all are saying he's "turned around".
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

ezkl2230 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by r1derbike View Post
    Wow. A total turnaround on Obama policy. He and his administration publicly stated armed guards/officers were not the answer for childrens' safety in schools, after the tragedies, and attempted to remove guns/magazines and more from the hands of law-abiding citizens, using these tragedies for political agendas.

The NRA's position was poo-poo'd by the Obama administration publicly, and in meetings.

The idiocy of this President and administration is second to none. It's about time they started listening to reason and sanity. Idiots!

Do as we say, not as we do, because we are beltway ivory tower elitists!
    But don't you worry - they will probably have to abide by the same rules as those imposed on security on our military bases - weapons at condition 4, no mags inserted and no bullets in the chamber.

WOLF you nailed it in my opinion.Like you I don't believe they're idiots at all- on the contrary I think they are very intelligent strategists that play there game extremely well.This is nothing but a LOOK AT ME move that he can use later to his political advantage.I truly despise this political group and really wish they were idiots as they wouldn't scare me quite as much.
    FUNNY HOW PEOPLE ALWAYS WANT THE TRUTH AS LONG AS IT'S WHAT THEY WANT TO HEAR

Putting armed officers is not the answer imo. Doing away with the gun free zone is. let nature take its course and you will have parents and teachers and administrators carrying descretely at school. I think it is wrong to turn schools into armed security zones. Makes them seem more like prisons than they already do. It seems like more of a monopoly on your security by the state. YOU cant be armed and protect yourselves but we will if we are in the right place at the right time....

Quote Originally Posted by escapedthematrix View Post
    Putting armed officers is not the answer imo. Doing away with the gun free zone is. let nature take its course and you will have parents and teachers and administrators carrying descretely at school. I think it is wrong to turn schools into armed security zones. Makes them seem more like prisons than they already do. It seems like more of a monopoly on your security by the state. YOU cant be armed and protect yourselves but we will if we are in the right place at the right time....
    What he said.

But still ironic that obummers administration is now deploying the same ideas that were relayed by the NRA Lulz!
    If it doesn't fit, FORCE it! If it breaks then it needed to be replaced anyway.

ezkl2230 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Diealotz View Post
    What he said.

But still ironic that obummers administration is now deploying the same ideas that were relayed by the NRA Lulz!
    Yes, but when Obama says it it's inspired!

Quote Originally Posted by ezkl2230 View Post
    Yes, but when Obama says it it's inspired!
    Inspired by the NRA. Now comes the big question. How long and how many for the money. 356 and one year equals $123K per year which is over paid.
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Certified RSO
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider is chaos to the fly.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast