Magtech ammo? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Magtech ammo?

S&B is actually Czech I believe. They work great, but just know that S&B is borderline +P, but as long as you have a quality firearm, shouldn't be a problem. I think 1300 fps for factory ammo

All I run thru my RIA 1911 .38 Super is Magtech so far not a problem.
    The Only Easy Day Was Yesterday

Quote Originally Posted by wolf_fire View Post
    I've had no problem running Magtech in Glock or Sig semi-auto, nor in S&W revolver.

However, like some have said, some firearms are picky with the ammo that they feed through. This may be the case with you, especially since the Remington worked fine.

I have a .22 conversion for my G23 and in the literature they actually states which .22LR works best and which ones to avoid. So this isn't an uncommon problem.
    I have a Chiappa 1911-22. Dad had one also. The president of the gun shop has one also. Of the three, mine only likes certain ammo. The other two run whatever you feed them. Can't find anything that really is different in them other than mine has tighter tolerances so it is picky. His Rhino ( Chiappa made ) could just need a hammer polished or a shim washer in front of the cylinder.
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Certified RSO
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider is chaos to the fly.

Quote Originally Posted by beachbum17 View Post
    S&B is actually Czech I believe. They work great, but just know that S&B is borderline +P, but as long as you have a quality firearm, shouldn't be a problem. I think 1300 fps for factory ammo
    S&B is Czech made ammo, Magtech is made in Brazil. Both are owned by CBC Group.
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Certified RSO
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider is chaos to the fly.

Quote Originally Posted by S&W645 View Post
    I have a Chiappa 1911-22. Dad had one also. The president of the gun shop has one also. Of the three, mine only likes certain ammo. The other two run whatever you feed them. Can't find anything that really is different in them other than mine has tighter tolerances so it is picky. His Rhino ( Chiappa made ) could just need a hammer polished or a shim washer in front of the cylinder.
    Odd. I'll look in to that next year after the warranty expires. It's back at the gunsmith right now, so maybe it'll be better when I get it back.
    Modern Whig
    "Government is not meant to burden Liberty but rather to secure it." -T.J. O'Hara

7. I've used it a few times, never had a problem with it in either revolvers or semi-autos

I've never had an issue with Magtech... I've used their .380acp, 9mm, .45acp, and .38Spl with no issues.

However, isn't S&B Czech ammo? Or am I thinking of something else? With that, I had issues with their .45acp in my Thompson... the "hotter" loadings caused the bolt to lock to the rear every other round or two (just switched ammo, no problems). I did love their .30-06 loadings... HOT stuff! It was actually flattening the primers in my Browning Safari...
    Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    [*]Don't be afraid to use sarcasm, mockery and humiliation. They don't respect you. There's no need to pretend you respect them.
    Operation Veterans Relief: http://www.opvr.org/home.html

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12