~Ruger LCR Purchase Question~ - Page 2

View Poll Results: Which Caliber Ruger LCR Would 'You' Choose?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • '5' rds, 38 Spl +P

    7 41.18%
  • '6' rds, 22 WMRF

    0 0%
  • '8' rds, 22 LR

    0 0%
  • Get the .357 Magnum you wussy!!!

    10 58.82%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 24

Thread: ~Ruger LCR Purchase Question~

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The Great State of Texas "Remember the Alamo"
    Posts
    2,825
    I see that the poll is quite 'evenly split' between both the 38 Spl +P & the 357 Magnum!

    Interesting.....

    I'm curious as to why nobody is even considering the 22 LR or the 22 WMRF??

    I'm thinking that both of those smaller caliber's are very capable manstopper's in the right hand's
    Fascist's are Magicians...They can make our Property, our Freedom's & even our Children 'Disappear'.
    ~Outlaw~

  2.   
  3. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    West Bloomfield, MI
    Posts
    160
    Quote Originally Posted by Timothy Bryant View Post
    I'm looking to get an LCR myself chambered in 357 magnum. I will more than likely use 38 Specials in but I like the option of using 357 if I so chose. Also it adds a little weight to the revolver which would further tame the recoil will firing 38 special.
    I think you got it right Tim. This should be a no-brainer if these are your only options (they aren't though).

  4. #13
    Should check out the Chiappa Rhino if you don't like recoil. Almost no muzzle flip, either. You know the procedure... pull trigger slowly, bang, re-acquire target, repeat... Well, I wind up with pull trigger, bang, re--- oh hey, I'm already on target.
    Modern Whig
    "Government is not meant to burden Liberty but rather to secure it." -T.J. O'Hara

  5. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The Great State of Texas "Remember the Alamo"
    Posts
    2,825

    Question

    Quote Originally Posted by telpinaro View Post
    Should check out the Chiappa Rhino if you don't like recoil. Almost no muzzle flip, either. You know the procedure... pull trigger slowly, bang, re-acquire target, repeat... Well, I wind up with pull trigger, bang, re--- oh hey, I'm already on target.
    Strange looking sidearm....
    How does it compare to the Ruger LCR in 'Concealability'??
    Fascist's are Magicians...They can make our Property, our Freedom's & even our Children 'Disappear'.
    ~Outlaw~

  6. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Outlaw View Post
    Strange looking sidearm....
    How does it compare to the Ruger LCR in 'Concealability'??
    Haven't tried the LCR, but I'm 5'9" and 120 lbs. Basically, a stick. If I can conceal it, anyone can. The hexagon barrel helps.

    It's out for repair right now (broken connector rod - under warranty so free if I send it in), but when I get it back I'll add a picture. Customer service is actually really good...
    Last edited by telpinaro; 10-04-2013 at 01:25 PM. Reason: add sentence
    Modern Whig
    "Government is not meant to burden Liberty but rather to secure it." -T.J. O'Hara

  7. #16
    I've thought on this very question and ultimately ended up deciding that if I ever buy a .38 that I would be better off just getting a .357mag for more options, as others have said. I never really considered a .22LR for defense but thats just my philosophy. but yeah, I would not want to be shot by one and I certantly do not doubt its lethality. I think if you are leaning towards the .22s that the .22mag gives that small bullet enough heat to really jump out of the plinking/training/small game hunting catagory and into the self defense catagory. I know its subjective but growing up i've observed the potentcy of the .22mag when out shooting with my Dad and was impressed by how much more punch it has compared to the .22LR when shooting various things. I did vote for the .357, you wussy cuz nothing says im a man better than blasting off a small .357 mag with your weak hand! JK but I really like the .357mag and it is hard to dispute its capability of a man stopper (Many accounts out there of only one shot being the cause of death by a .357mag). BTW, are you considering this as a primary carry or back up?

  8. #17
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    The Lowcountry of South Carolina
    Posts
    2,039
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Outlaw View Post
    I see that the poll is quite 'evenly split' between both the 38 Spl +P & the 357 Magnum!

    Interesting.....

    I'm curious as to why nobody is even considering the 22 LR or the 22 WMRF??

    I'm thinking that both of those smaller caliber's are very capable manstopper's in the right hand's
    IMHO you are really just in a pot-stirring mood....
    Chief

  9. #18
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    3,832
    Quote Originally Posted by telpinaro View Post
    Haven't tried the LCR, but I'm 5'9" and 120 lbs. Basically, a stick. If I can conceal it, anyone can. The hexagon barrel helps.

    It's out for repair right now (broken connector rod - under warranty so free if I send it in), but when I get it back I'll add a picture. Customer service is actually really good...
    Don't mess with telpinaro The_Outlaw. She might be a stick but she can handle that .357.... you stick with your .22.



    Now who's in the pot stirring mood.... lol
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

  10. #19
    This'll be a very well blended pot...
    Modern Whig
    "Government is not meant to burden Liberty but rather to secure it." -T.J. O'Hara

  11. #20
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The Great State of Texas "Remember the Alamo"
    Posts
    2,825

    Red face

    Quote Originally Posted by escapedthematrix View Post
    I've thought on this very question and ultimately ended up deciding that if I ever buy a .38 that I would be better off just getting a .357mag for more options, as others have said. I never really considered a .22LR for defense but thats just my philosophy. but yeah, I would not want to be shot by one and I certantly do not doubt its lethality. I think if you are leaning towards the .22s that the .22mag gives that small bullet enough heat to really jump out of the plinking/training/small game hunting catagory and into the self defense catagory. I know its subjective but growing up i've observed the potentcy of the .22mag when out shooting with my Dad and was impressed by how much more punch it has compared to the .22LR when shooting various things. I did vote for the .357, you wussy cuz nothing says im a man better than blasting off a small .357 mag with your weak hand! JK but I really like the .357mag and it is hard to dispute its capability of a man stopper (Many accounts out there of only one shot being the cause of death by a .357mag). BTW, are you considering this as a primary carry or back up?
    I'm considering this as my primary IWB concealed carry.
    My trusty Glock 27 can start to feel a bit cumbersome IWB after hours at a time (especially when it's hot & humid out).
    Plus I need to lose about 30 lb's also (good luck to me with that). :-(

    As far as 'stirring the pot',
    I am truly not intending to do so...I have a friend who swears by his 22 magnum and I am seriously considering it.
    Fascist's are Magicians...They can make our Property, our Freedom's & even our Children 'Disappear'.
    ~Outlaw~

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast