~Ruger LCR Purchase Question~

View Poll Results: Which Caliber Ruger LCR Would 'You' Choose?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • '5' rds, 38 Spl +P

7 41.18%
  • '6' rds, 22 WMRF

0 0%
  • '8' rds, 22 LR

0 0%
  • Get the .357 Magnum you wussy!!!

10 58.82%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ~Ruger LCR Purchase Question~

The Great State of Texas "Remember the Alamo"

Question ~Ruger LCR Purchase Question~

Hello everybody....

I'm seriously considering the Ruger LCR as my next sidearm purchase.
    I'm having a bit of trouble in making my final decision on the caliber however.

I do not want to get it chambered in 357 Magnum (too much recoil for me).
    Plus the LCR in .357 is a bit larger framed and a little heavier than the other's I'm assuming.

Should I choose;

a) The '5' shot, 38 Spl +P.
    b) The '6' shot, 22 WMRF.
    c) The '8' shot, 22 LR

What say you??
    Fascist's are Magicians...They can make our Property, our Freedom's & even our Children 'Disappear'.
    ~Outlaw~

~Ruger LCR Purchase Question~

Personally I would go with the 38. I don't think recoil would be a issue and still have a little punch to it. To me it's a good middle of the road round. But you know these are just opinions. Good luck and enjoy
    FUNNY HOW PEOPLE ALWAYS WANT THE TRUTH AS LONG AS IT'S WHAT THEY WANT TO HEAR

I'm looking to get an LCR myself chambered in 357 magnum. I will more than likely use 38 Specials in but I like the option of using 357 if I so chose. Also it adds a little weight to the revolver which would further tame the recoil will firing 38 special.

A Friend of mine just purchased the 38 Special +P this week and She Loves It.
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state,
    the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

I have the 357. When I shoot it with my strong hand or two handed, it is no problem. Shooting with my left hand means I'll get one shot before regripping. I'd buy the 357, then shoot 38's out of it and be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by SFWB View Post
    I have the 357. When I shoot it with my strong hand or two handed, it is no problem. Shooting with my left hand means I'll get one shot before regripping. I'd buy the 357, then shoot 38's out of it and be happy.
    Ditto.
    Modern Whig
    "Government is not meant to burden Liberty but rather to secure it." -T.J. O'Hara

Get the 357 and shoot 38s
    If you want a 22 get the SR22

9. another vote for the .357 . You can shoot .38 reloads,reg .38 , .38+p and .357 .

The Great State of Texas "Remember the Alamo"

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by trailboss View Post
    Get the 357 and shoot 38s
    If you want a 22 get the SR22
    Thanks for the advice,
    But if I do end up going -w- a 22 (for concealed carry), I would prefer the revolver ~just in case~ of possible reliability/feeding issue's.

I'm leaning a bit more toward's the 38 Spl +P as of right now.

What are your thought's on the 22's effectiveness as a defensive round?

I'm kind of digging the idea of the 22's minimal recoil and more round's in the sidearm -vs- the 38 Spl.
    Fascist's are Magicians...They can make our Property, our Freedom's & even our Children 'Disappear'.
    ~Outlaw~

Aw c'mon Outlaw, can't you find something even smaller than a .22 that you might be able to handle?

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast