Lawsuit against Springfield Armory Inc? - Page 2
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Lawsuit against Springfield Armory Inc?

Quote Originally Posted by nosreme View Post
    Suing over inconveniences, slights, and hurt feelings is the American thing to do, especially if there's a, chance to extort a nice nuisance settlement. I'm sure there are people out there talking about a class action lawsuit with no clue what that really is or entails.
    I'm not saying that inconveniences, slights, and hurt feelings are the case. Read my other posts before you jump into something you don't understand. Simply put I want a refund or replacement under their "Lifetime" warranty. But hey if you can't read or understand that this is not a bashing post that's your problem.

Quote Originally Posted by rehalfacre View Post
    Quit crying!! I sent mine in as soon as the VOLUNTARY recall came out. They never stated in the recall they had a fix. They are testing and making it safe. If you wouldn't of sent it in and you got hurt you would yell lawsuit. Let SA do the job right and get your panties out of a wad!!
    I don't get where you think "I'm Crying" so to speak. I simply am wondering who is and their thoughts or opinions. Also NO, they never "stated" they "implied" buy showing images of a gun that was supposedly fixed, IE.. the roll pin in the grip safety. As for the "testing and making it safe" and "Let SA do the job right" THIS SHOULD HAVE BEEN DONE THE FIRST TIME AROUND. Don't you think? So don't jump in and give me comments that make absolutely no help to the topic at hand. This is just a discussion not a ***** post so, How did you put it to me? get your panties out of a wad!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kramer1113 View Post
    I think its difficult for many of us to empathize in this situation. But, If I had only one gun and had spent my gun money on it, and it was now gone for who knows how long, I would be upset, frustrated, concerned, and angry.
    I lived in a really bad neighborhood for a few years. Let me tell you, the night time sounds are very different than in other neighborhoods and so are some of the daytime sounds.
    Gun shots, speeding cars, people running down the ally, police sirens up and down the street, screaming and yelling, the near by abandoned building being burnt to the ground, drug dealers on many corners, children in need of food and clothing roaming the neighborhoods alone.
    I can understand the concern and desire to have my firearm on hand.
    If you haven't lived it, you'll never understand it. If you have lived it and don't understand, then you have forgotten.
    Exactly my thoughts too. This is the reason I bought the gun in the first place. Now it seems that with complete disregard for their customers situations SA thinks that it is OK to string their customers along.

one month is NOTHING, guys. almost 40 years ago, I broke the transfer bar in a Charter .38 Undercover snubbie. It took them SIX MONTHS just to send me one that I PAID for. It took so long that I literally forgot that I owned that gun. If buying another gun $200 for a used Arcus copy of the browning, or a used keltec pocket 9, is such a big deal to you, I KNOW how much instruction and practice ammo you have paid for, and therefore, how skilled with it you aint. So I pretty much doubt that having it would do anything more for you than having an airsoft gun with the end painted black or cut off. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by thru View Post
    one month is NOTHING, guys. almost 40 years ago, I broke the transfer bar in a Charter .38 Undercover snubbie. It took them SIX MONTHS just to send me one that I PAID for. It took so long that I literally forgot that I owned that gun. If buying another gun $200 for a used Arcus copy of the browning, or a used keltec pocket 9, is such a big deal to you, I KNOW how much instruction and practice ammo you have paid for, and therefore, how skilled with it you aint. So I pretty much doubt that having it would do anything more for you than having an airsoft gun with the end painted black or cut off. :-)
    And so since you clearly have spare money to throw around, you feel that it was OK for a company to treat you that way? And when does someone who cant just throw money around like a millionaire a bad shot? You clearly have some issues with your method of thinking here.

Live in a bad neighborhood... been there. Cars broken into, homicides around the corner from decent single family homes. Gun shot detection systems around the city. It was called Western New York, and I got the hell out of there. But put my trust in only having one gun? Yeah, right.

And for God sakes, get it right the first time??? Name any other gun company, or any company for that matter, that has gotten it right the first time... made a perfect product without any flaws, defects, or failures?

I'd rather put my stock in a company that acknowledges its potential shortcomings and does what it can to fix them, than one that is selling me the myth of a perfect product. This isn't a DVD player or a TV we're talking about. It's a tool that discharges ballistic projectiles faster than the speed of sound that can maim or kill another living being. If there's a recognized potential for an unintentional discharge, then fix it. And they're trying to do just that. Take all the time you need, just get it right, please.

FNWylde Guest
    +1. and thank you for not quoting anything

Quote Originally Posted by BUmmedic View Post
    Live in a bad neighborhood... been there. Cars broken into, homicides around the corner from decent single family homes. Gun shot detection systems around the city. It was called Western New York, and I got the hell out of there. But put my trust in only having one gun? Yeah, right.

And for God sakes, get it right the first time??? Name any other gun company, or any company for that matter, that has gotten it right the first time... made a perfect product without any flaws, defects, or failures?

I'd rather put my stock in a company that acknowledges its potential shortcomings and does what it can to fix them, than one that is selling me the myth of a perfect product. This isn't a DVD player or a TV we're talking about. It's a tool that discharges ballistic projectiles faster than the speed of sound that can maim or kill another living being. If there's a recognized potential for an unintentional discharge, then fix it. And they're trying to do just that. Take all the time you need, just get it right, please.
    1. Not everyone can afford multiple guns like you.
    2. So your telling me that SA has not boasted about their "Gun of the year award" for the XDs line of firearms? and they haven't stated that they are the "First Name in American Firearms"? Every company out there says their product is "Perfect" and "The Best". This recall has not once been about the customer. The first recall page IMPLIED That they had a fix for the gun and it would be around 30 days for it to be returned. The second "Update" was to inform the customers that they did NOT have a fix and the time was going to be extended.

As for the "get it right the first time???" comment, that is expected ANYTIME I buy a firearm that I am going to trust period. Anyone who wants to buy a gun they can't trust can go buy a Hi Point or Jimenez. But when I pay for a "Top of the line" gun I expect a "Top of the line" experience. I agree that it should get fixed but there is a limit to what the customer should have to deal with. I can say that if they were more upfront about the recall from the start it would likely be a different story. But, When a company is deceitful and misleading to their customers to cover their asses, It tends to be really irritating.

Quote Originally Posted by BUmmedic View Post
    +1. Agree with nosreme also, welcome to the new American way. And for Firefighterchen, the recall was voluntary, and they stated that no injuries had occurred from this possible malfunction. So the fact that you nor anyone else you know hasn't experienced it doesn't mean much. If my car manufacturer says that my braking or acceleration systems are subject to a recall to prevent a possible collision, I'm not going to wait until I experience something before letting the manufacturer take care of it.
    I know it was voluntary. I know no one has been injured as well. I feel that everyone I know that has the xds 45 not having a single problem does mean much. Maybe not to you, but in my decision it did.

If my car company said a few cars out of 100000 cars might have a problem with the brakes, and I have not experienced that problem (after driving 15000 miles in 5 months), nor has anyone I know, and it was voluntary, I would not take it in either if the turn around time was 3 months.

Sent from my HTCONE using USA Carry mobile app
    “One of the illusions of life is that the present hour is not the critical, decisive one.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson

Quote Originally Posted by CoolClownFish View Post
    Your M1A was not on a recall and they didn't lie to you about the issue. This is completely different circumstances with the recall. Had they first stated they did not have a fix or that it would ultimately take a long period of time, I would have a complete different opinion of SA than I do now. As it stands I will never buy SA again.
    Ahhhhhhhh you finally hit the nail on the head. There is your legal recourse. If a company does something that inconveniences you or you feel did not treat the customer with the due respect you feel you deserve you always have the right to never buy from them again, spread word of how horrible their service was, etc.

But what grounds do you have for a lawsuit? First, you don't have a legal obligation to own a gun and when you said you had to buy another at $500 that was your choice. Even if you need this for work, it is not a legal obligation to own one, it is your company's requirement for working there. Second, since it was a voluntary recall, you volunteered to send it. Now you're whining how long it took. That's cool. But rather than complain, tell everyone how horrible their service is instead and hit the company in the wallet that way. You have no grounds for a lawsuit just because you FEEL they should do their jobs better. You haven't lost anything except the use of that particular firearm you voluntarily sent in for however long it takes SA to do their work. The fact of the matter is, they have your firearm, they are working on it and you will get it back. I'm fairly certain that is what the warranty states they would do. Does it state they will provide you with a loaner firearm if their repair work is to timely?

There is another school of thought here. SA did this as a preventative measure to ensure that their customers always have a firearm in good working order. Had you not sent it in, consider the possibilities that could happen. So did SA do the right thing by doing this recall, or did SA do the wrong thing because you think they are taking too much time?
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast