Lawsuit against Springfield Armory Inc? - Page 3
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Lawsuit against Springfield Armory Inc?

A little perspective.

"This Safety Recall applies only to:
    Springfield 3.3 XD-S™ 9mm pistols - serial numbers between XS900000 and XS938700
    Springfield 3.3 XD-S™ .45ACP pistols - serial numbers between XS500000 and XS686300."

So if those are the serial numbers that means a total of 225,000 are being recalled. It took Walther 8 weeks to turn around mine, and this wasn't even under a recall with 224,999 others. And you're upset because SA didn't get it back to you in less than a month. I understand that you hate being without it, but your expectations are unrealistic considering the circumstances.
    You can have good intentions and not be right.

If it makes you feel better it only took them 4 working days to fix my problem.
    Certified NRA Firearms Instructor
    Oklahoma SDA Instructor
    Utah CCW Instructor

You keep going on and on about Sprnigfield not honoring their Life Time Warranty, yet they have your gun and propose to fix it free of charge to you.

What the hell do you think a Life Time Warranty is? Your gun has a problem so they send you a brand new out of the box replacement?

Time you you to put your big-boy pants on and join the real world. Warranty means they will fix or replace at their discretion.

I read over the warranty for my XD (not involved in the recall) and there is no mention whatsoever about a specific time frame for fulfillment of their responsibility they assume for their product.

Springfield Armory has issued a voluntary safety recall for their .45 ACP and 9mm XD-S pistols.

Issued Aug. 28, 2013, the recall identified the following issue:

“Springfield has determined that under exceptionally rare circumstances, some 3.3 XD-S 9mm and .45ACP caliber pistols could experience an unintended discharge during the loading process when the slide is released, or could experience a double-fire when the trigger is pulled once. The chance of these conditions existing is exceptionally rare, but if they happen, serious injury or death could occur.

Read more: Springfield Armory Issues Safety Recall for XD-S Pistols - Guns & Ammo
    To not stand against injustice is to stand for it.
    Don't confuse my personality and my attitude.
    My personality is who I am, my attitude depends on who you are.

Quote Originally Posted by 3gunshooter View Post
    If it makes you feel better it only took them 4 working days to fix my problem.
    Oh harsh! Rub salt in his wounds, why don't you!?

Quote Originally Posted by nosreme View Post
    The OP's post isn't really about guns, warranties, customer service, or lawsuits. It's about luring responses to which he issues an indignant, self-justifying retort. The longer he can string it out, the higher his score is (or something). Maybe it's a good thing he doesn't have access to his gun.
    Oh come on! Stomping him into the mud is a fun past time for us old geezers. We can't always hunt down the sport, so when it walks in the door, we take advantage of it! :crazy-pilot:

ezkl2230 Guest
    Doesn't appear to me that there are any grounds for a lawsuit. They are honoring their warranty. Do I wish they had done it differently? Yes - and I have contacted the company directly to tell them so. The way the recall was worded did indeed give the impression that they already had a fix in place, but they never came right out and said so. All they ever said was that the fixed firearm's new grip safety would contain a new roll pin. Still, even if it were true that they did originally think they had a fix in place, it wouldn't be the first time that a solution thought to be final turned out to require more work than was originally anticipated. Their approach is also having an effect in those of us who have in orders for new firerms and are awaiting delivery; I placed an order for a .45 XD-S the same day the recall came out. I am without a carry gun right now as I sold my previous carry gun to fund this purchase.

The fact remains that your choice to send your gun to them at this time was just that - your choice. And when you get it back you will have the opportunity to sell it and go with another manufacturer; that is also your choice.

As for me, while I wish they had handled this recall differently, I am glad they are addressing the issue and that the firearm I receive will be free from this particular problem.

Attachment 10469

Waaaaaaaaa I have been inconvenienced, I'm going to sue.

Grow up, grow a pair, put on your big boy diaper and get over yourself, you're special, just like everyone else.
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” ― Steven Weinberg

Quote Originally Posted by XD40scinNC View Post

Waaaaaaaaa I have been inconvenienced, I'm going to sue.

Grow up, grow a pair, put on your big boy diaper and get over yourself, you're special, just like everyone else.
    If you knew how to read then you would know that I am not here to fight or argue. I respect that you have an opinion, Albeit juvenile, but your tactic of trying to make me angry is not going to work. To everyone who wants to post like this guy and make yourself look like a complete idiot that shouldn't be around a gun in the first place, Go for it.

Quote Originally Posted by ezkl2230 View Post
    Doesn't appear to me that there are any grounds for a lawsuit. They are honoring their warranty. Do I wish they had done it differently? Yes - and I have contacted the company directly to tell them so. The way the recall was worded did indeed give the impression that they already had a fix in place, but they never came right out and said so. All they ever said was that the fixed firearm's new grip safety would contain a new roll pin. Still, even if it were true that they did originally think they had a fix in place, it wouldn't be the first time that a solution thought to be final turned out to require more work than was originally anticipated. Their approach is also having an effect in those of us who have in orders for new firerms and are awaiting delivery; I placed an order for a .45 XD-S the same day the recall came out. I am without a carry gun right now as I sold my previous carry gun to fund this purchase.

The fact remains that your choice to send your gun to them at this time was just that - your choice. And when you get it back you will have the opportunity to sell it and go with another manufacturer; that is also your choice.

As for me, while I wish they had handled this recall differently, I am glad they are addressing the issue and that the firearm I receive will be free from this particular problem.
    Thank you sir, for taking the time to intellectually answer the post. You make a really good point.

Well someone has to say it might as well be me!

Here's your problem you should have bought a GLOCK instead of a GLOCK knockoff.

Quote Originally Posted by CoolClownFish View Post
    If you knew how to read then you would know that I am not here to fight or argue. I respect that you have an opinion, Albeit juvenile, but your tactic of trying to make me angry is not going to work. To everyone who wants to post like this guy and make yourself look like a complete idiot that shouldn't be around a gun in the first place, Go for it.

Thank you sir, for taking the time to intellectually answer the post. You make a really good point.
    Same sentiment, I just chose to cut to the chase and call it as it is.

Class action lawsuits only make lawyers rich and accomplish little.

I also have a dog in this fight, as my XDS is also at SA to be upgraded, but know that stamping my feet to make a lawyer richer, all for a free hat or mag is stupid. SA will fix and return when a solution that is up to their quality standards is ready. Until then I carry my XD40sc and go on with my life.

Sometimes insults are more effective in gaining the attention of the person who needs to get a grip, nothing personal.

Over all I have been disappointed in the gun owners that sound like whiny butt liberals demanding their entitlements they didn't earn or deserve.

Sent from my ADR6400L using USA Carry mobile app
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” ― Steven Weinberg

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast