Lawsuit against Springfield Armory Inc? - Page 4
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 84

Thread: Lawsuit against Springfield Armory Inc?

  1. #31
    ezkl2230 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasper View Post
    Here's your problem you should have bought a GLOCK instead of a GLOCK knockoff.
    I guess you don't know how many "parts upgrades" (because Glock NEVER issues a recall) Glock has put out over the years to address safety or functionality issues with their products, the latest being the RSA upgrade on all Gen 4's manufactured since 2009? And they are STILL trying to pin the problem with their MIM firing pins on ammo manufacturers instead of taking responsibility for it. Yeah, that's Glock perfection.

    Don't get me wrong, I like Glocks, but "Glock Perfection" is an advertising slogan - not a statement of reality.

  2.   
  3. #32
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    West Jordan, Utah
    Posts
    154
    Quote Originally Posted by XD40scinNC View Post
    Same sentiment, I just chose to cut to the chase and call it as it is.

    Class action lawsuits only make lawyers rich and accomplish little.

    I also have a dog in this fight, as my XDS is also at SA to be upgraded, but know that stamping my feet to make a lawyer richer, all for a free hat or mag is stupid. SA will fix and return when a solution that is up to their quality standards is ready. Until then I carry my XD40sc and go on with my life.

    Sometimes insults are more effective in gaining the attention of the person who needs to get a grip, nothing personal.

    Over all I have been disappointed in the gun owners that sound like whiny butt liberals demanding their entitlements they didn't earn or deserve.

    Sent from my ADR6400L using USA Carry mobile app
    You post the same exact responses on XDTalk to EVERY person who is not happy about this SA recall. You only post on someones thread when you want to entice a fight. Nobody forces you to read any of my posts and therefore you only do it to get a response out of people. Originally I posted this thread to see what everyone's plans and how they felt about so many people actually going through with a lawsuit. Not for me to respond to your petty "cry baby" BS. If you don't like what I have to say I would suggest that you go to your own thread or back to XDTalk. You sat and whined about everyone over there so I left. What more do you want? I do not care what you and all the other "SA Lovers of America" group thinks of me.

    Truth is SA Screwed the pooch on this recall. You may have the opinion that it is OK for them to hold your gun indefinitely until they fix it but in my "opinion" it is not OK for them to hold mine. Thats what makes us Americans. You can go ahead and have your opinion as I respect that you have one. But Don't come to me and pick petty fights because I do not like the way SA is treating their customers. It may not be SA's fault that some people can not afford to buy multiple guns but Had SA handled their release of information (They still are not releasing details about the malfunction) and how they are treating their customers this whole thing would probably have a different attitude.

    I leave you this, These are my opinions. I respect your opinions so don't bash mine.


  4. #33
    And this differs from your screw them and sue them rants how?

    Tantrums are for children that can't accept reality or reason.

    Sent from my ADR6400L using USA Carry mobile app
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” ― Steven Weinberg

  5. #34
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    West Jordan, Utah
    Posts
    154
    Quote Originally Posted by XD40scinNC View Post
    And this differs from your screw them and sue them rants how?

    Tantrums are for children that can't accept reality or reason.

    Sent from my ADR6400L using USA Carry mobile app
    I get it dude. You think that your opinion is the only one in the world that matters and there is no winning with you. If you don't like tantrums quit throwing one over my personal beliefs. I respect your opinion and I let it go. Now you've said your piece and I am done wasting my time on you. Good day.


  6. #35
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    Posts
    7,418
    Quote Originally Posted by CoolClownFish View Post
    You may have the opinion that it is OK for them to hold your gun indefinitely until they fix it but in my "opinion" it is not OK for them to hold mine.
    Didn't you say that SA told you recently that it was going to be 8 weeks or so? What's "indefinite" about that? May be longer than you wish it was, but since you do have a time-frame to go on, some of the harsher posts seem to have some credence to them.

    Quote Originally Posted by CoolClownFish View Post
    I leave you this, These are my opinions. I respect your opinions so don't bash mine.
    I believe you called his opinions "petty" didn't you? Is that a sign of respect for his opinions?

    Doesn't really matter to me. I started reading this thread just out of interest about what was going on with the XD recall. Since you mentioned the possibility of a lawsuit, I sort of figured there was information I was missing out there. Turns out you're just pissed because it's taking longer than you think it should. Even the most polite posters said that a lawsuit was a gross overreaction to your situation. You got several answers to your original question. You're basically the only one who posted who's thinking a lawsuit is the appropriate response to a longer-than-expected time-frame for getting your free, and voluntary, fix of your weapon. I agree with everyone who stated that it's not an appropriate response. How many more times do you want to hear that before you acquiesce to the fact that the consensus around here is pretty much that a lawsuit is kind of a whiny, inappropriate overreaction?

    Blues
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

  7. #36
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    3,832
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasper View Post
    Here's your problem you should have bought a GLOCK instead of a GLOCK knockoff.
    Seriously? You bring this up. I'm a Glock Armorer. Glock has had their own recalls. I really wish Glock never had their advertisement as "Glock Perfection".

    Is it a great gun? Yes. Is it the be all and end all for handguns? No. Is it reliable out in the field under harsh conditions? Yes. Do they break down? yes. It's a mechanical tool... mind you only 36 parts, so there is less to go wrong, but things can and have gone wrong even for Glock.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

  8. #37
    ezkl2230 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by wolf_fire View Post
    Seriously? You bring this up. I'm a Glock Armorer. Glock has had their own recalls. I really wish Glock never had their advertisement as "Glock Perfection".

    Is it a great gun? Yes. Is it the be all and end all for handguns? No. Is it reliable out in the field under harsh conditions? Yes. Do they break down? yes. It's a mechanical tool... mind you only 36 parts, so there is less to go wrong, but things can and have gone wrong even for Glock.
    A customer came in to my store a few weeks back telling me about his Glock 17 occasionally slam firing on him.

  9. #38
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    3,832
    Quote Originally Posted by ezkl2230 View Post
    A customer came in to my store a few weeks back telling me about his Glock 17 occasionally slam firing on him.
    I would look at two areas: firing pin lug - check to see if the firing pin lug is making good and decent contact with the back portion of the trigger bar; or firing pin safety spring is getting weak. My bet with as little as you said would be the firing pin lug.

    Or are you just making a point that Glocks are machines that get worn just like all the other machines in the world?
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

  10. #39
    ezkl2230 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by wolf_fire View Post
    ...Or are you just making a point that Glocks are machines that get worn just like all the other machines in the world?
    That, and that any firearm using a free-floating firing pin can experience a slam fire or a multiple burst under the right conditions.

    On a different problem, but highlighting problems that have occurred with Glocks, one of my co-workers is a Glock armorer. He invited me to come along to a recent Glock armorer seminar, but I was unable to get the time off. Anyway, he told me about an acquaintance who came to him and told him that the problem with his model 23 was that it always fired. That seemed a little strange, so he asked him to explain what he meant by, "it always fires." It turns out that, because of a worn part, the gun was firing on both the trigger pull AND the trigger release! Simple fix, but it just demonstrates that Glock is immune from nothing.

  11. #40
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Tacoma, Washington
    Posts
    475
    Quote Originally Posted by ezkl2230 View Post
    I guess you don't know how many "parts upgrades" (because Glock NEVER issues a recall) Glock has put out over the years to address safety or functionality issues with their products, the latest being the RSA upgrade on all Gen 4's manufactured since 2009? And they are STILL trying to pin the problem with their MIM firing pins on ammo manufacturers instead of taking responsibility for it. Yeah, that's Glock perfection.

    Don't get me wrong, I like Glocks, but "Glock Perfection" is an advertising slogan - not a statement of reality.
    Your last line is true but I have never seen a post from a GLOCK owner asking if they should sue GLOCK for taking to long to fix their gun. The RSA recall for the 4th gen GLOCK's took multiple attempts to fix but all that was needed to be done was call Glock and have them mail you the parts to fix it. But as most know if you go with a new gun that has not been out for 2 years there are going to be problems. That is why I trade my 4th gen for a rifle and went back to my 3rd gen G19.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast