Lawsuit against Springfield Armory Inc? - Page 5
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Lawsuit against Springfield Armory Inc?

1. Mine's gone for the duration. Using an SA Champion in the interim. Happy about conflicting info from SA? No, but it is what it is. If a refund were offered, I'd certainly take it, but not going to happen. Having said that, I'd rather they take extra caution to find a bulletproof (pun intended) fix, rather than sending-out sidearms with a hastily cobbled fix (like the one picturing the roll-pin in the grip safety) that didn't work-out.

I'm confident we will have our sidearms back when a safe and lasting fix is implemented, per their Oct. 4th update information on the website.

Never had a problem with mine through 1300 rounds, but what does worry me is there are many who are continuing to use their XD-Ss, even though SA has told everyone to carefully unload and cease using them.

I may understand those wanting to wait until the "fix" is official, until they send their arms for repair, but continued use is asking for a possible deadly incident to happen.

There are cases where class action lawsuits are justified, but this one isn't there yet. There are no reports of injury or death, because of the defect.

All I would suggest, in the name of safety; don't use your XD-Ss, until they are repaired. Please!
    I'm a firm believer in two term limits for all politicians; one in office, the other in prison.

Recall or not, I still want one. Though a full size something or other will be the next purchase. Whenever I finally can afford it.
    Modern Whig
    "Government is not meant to burden Liberty but rather to secure it." -T.J. O'Hara

Quote Originally Posted by Kasper View Post
    Your last line is true but I have never seen a post from a GLOCK owner asking if they should sue GLOCK for taking to long to fix their gun. The RSA recall for the 4th gen GLOCK's took multiple attempts to fix but all that was needed to be done was call Glock and have them mail you the parts to fix it. But as most know if you go with a new gun that has not been out for 2 years there are going to be problems. That is why I trade my 4th gen for a rifle and went back to my 3rd gen G19.
    I just waited until the 4th gens had the bugs worked out. Love my G22 fourth Gen and am selling my G23, 3rd gen, and the 8 magazines, and the .22 conversion kit for it.

And so true about no one posting to sue Glock. Nice point.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

5. Quote Originally Posted by telpinaro View Post
    Recall or not, I still want one. Though a full size something or other will be the next purchase. Whenever I finally can afford it.
    May I suggest an XDm in your favorite caliber? Rent one in the caliber you are interested in, and put it through it's paces.

They are really well made firearms, and the full-size sidearms are not part of the recall. I believe only the XD-S series of single stack 9mm and .45s are affected. I've also been looking at the XDm series for a larger range/plinking gun.
    I'm a firm believer in two term limits for all politicians; one in office, the other in prison.

Quote Originally Posted by r1derbike View Post
    May I suggest an XDm in your favorite caliber? Rent one in the caliber you are interested in, and put it through it's paces.

They are really well made firearms, and the full-size sidearms are not part of the recall. I believe only the XD-S series of single stack 9mm and .45s are affected. I've also been looking at the XDm series for a larger range/plinking gun.
    That's actually what I was thinking. Probably in .45 so I can hike with it as well, though it'll be quite a while before I can get one. Gotta save up.
    Modern Whig
    "Government is not meant to burden Liberty but rather to secure it." -T.J. O'Hara

ezkl2230 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by r1derbike View Post

A bit more than I can afford to spend - even with my discount, and even the XD-M compact is still a bit wider than I want to carry. I'm a big guy (6'2, 370 lbs) and I can pull off carrying a full sized firearm concealed, but I want something with a narrower profile. I'll wait for my XD-S. If that ever has to change for some reason, I will go back to my other choice for a CC firearm, the Taurus 24/7 G2 compact .45 (blued).

ezkl2230 Guest
    You can receive recall updates by text message if you text XDS to 25827.

ezkl2230 Guest
    Here is a copy of the email I sent to Springfield, along with the response I just received:

To Whom It May Concern:

We are now a month down the road from when the recall notice was first issued, and you still have not yet identified a fix for the XD-S problem. I certainly understand the desire for safety, but your approach was wrong - especially if there were as few incidents as you have indicated.

If there were truly as few cases as has been represented (and I have been acquainted with dozens of XD-S owners who have fired hundreds or more rounds through their firearms without incident, so I do believe the number of trouble firearms is indeed very small), then you should have waited until you had a fix in place and dealt with the trouble firearms on a case-by-case basis rather than disarm thousands of your customers. Frankly, slam fires are not at all unheard of in semi-auto handguns with free-floating firing pins, and unintended double-taps are also not unheard of if the free-floating firing pin somehow gets stuck. No one would have minded waiting a couple of weeks for their firearm to be fixed, but a couple of months or more is absurd. Additionally, there are those in law enforcement and security who rely on these firearms and need them on a daily basis; by the time you finally find a fix for this problem, you will have deprived them of the use of their firearm for MONTHS - and probably lost customers in the process. This is having an effect on new firearm sales as well.

Again, I understand the desire for safety, but this would have been better handled on a case-by case basis until you developed a fix.

Thank you for your email and input into our XD-S recall. All of our customers safety was our number one concern when we initiated the voluntary recall. We honestly did feel that we had the upgrade in place and would have been able to turn them around in the first 30 days. We are currently endurance testing what we feel is our final solution and hope to have more information by this Friday afternoon. Again, I do thank you for your email and please let me know if you have any other questions or comments.

Thank you,
    Dawn
    Recall Center Supervisor

ezkl2230 Guest
    Springfield posted another update today:

XD-S™ Voluntary Safety Recall Update Status
    Updated 10/09/2013
    This information applies only to XD-S™ pistols in the serial number ranges below

Springfield 3.3 XD-S™ 9mm pistols - serial numbers between XS900000 and XS938700
    Springfield 3.3 XD-S™ .45ACP pistols - serial numbers between XS500000 and XS686300

XD-S™ Upgrade Testing Very Near Completion

We last updated this site Friday, October 4, with the good news that we have found what we believe is the final solution for the XD-S™ upgrade and that we would be continuing exhaustive testing through the week.

We are very pleased to let you know that a large majority of the testing is complete and is going extremely well. We believe we are very close to being able to give our valued customers more specific information about when they can expect their XD-S™ pistols to be returned to them.

We will update this site again on Friday, October 11 and fully expect that we will have more great news to share. We are making final arrangements for upgrading the pistols that our customers returned to us.

In the meantime, please accept our heartfelt thanks for your patience, loyalty and support of Springfield Armory®. We remain fully committed to resolving this recall as quickly as possible and we are confident that you will be extremely pleased with your upgraded 3.3 XD-S™.

Quote Originally Posted by ezkl2230 View Post
    Springfield posted another update today:
    HAHAHA! You and I posted the same.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast