Lawsuit against Springfield Armory Inc?
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Lawsuit against Springfield Armory Inc?

I am wondering who is actually considering a lawsuit against Springfield Armory Inc. over the XDs Recall? I ask because I see lots of people saying they are fed up with the way SA has handled the recall and how SA is consistently saying the same exact, thing just written a different way, as an excuse for why our guns have not been returned. There are actually people all over FB that is fed up with them so in know I am not the only one.

Couple of questions for you:

How long has it been since you sent your gun back to Springfield?

How much is the repair costing you?

Have you been financially injured due to the recall?

Have you been physically injured due to the deficiency of the firearm?

If the time frame that Springfield gave you for the repair was exorbitant, you could have chosen to take the gun to a local gunsmith for repair (i would assume) and then you would not have been without your gun for the unusual time frame. But that means you would have to pay gunsmith prices where as the repair by the factory is costing you nothing (shipping and handling?)

YOu could have put the gun in the safe and gone out and bought yourself another pistol to replace the defective one.

I understand the frustration you're going through. I had the same type of issue with a factory safety recall, but for the life of me, I cannot understand why everyone is so all fired quick to jump on the lawsuit wagon.

If you weren't injured by the gun malfunctioning and Springfield is fixing the gun for free, what's the problem? They're not getting it done in the time frame YOU want it done so you want to sue them? Good luck with that.
    To not stand against injustice is to stand for it.
    Don't confuse my personality and my attitude.
    My personality is who I am, my attitude depends on who you are.

"If you weren't injured by the gun malfunctioning and Springfield is fixing the gun for free, what's the problem? They're not getting it done in the time frame YOU want it done so you want to sue them? Good luck with that."

That's the way people are now. Even some gun owners. I had a problem with my M1A after I got it, suing them never even came to mind.
    Certified NRA Firearms Instructor
    Oklahoma SDA Instructor
    Utah CCW Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by walt629 View Post
    Couple of questions for you:

How long has it been since you sent your gun back to Springfield?

How much is the repair costing you?

Have you been financially injured due to the recall?

Have you been physically injured due to the deficiency of the firearm?

If the time frame that Springfield gave you for the repair was exorbitant, you could have chosen to take the gun to a local gunsmith for repair (i would assume) and then you would not have been without your gun for the unusual time frame. But that means you would have to pay gunsmith prices where as the repair by the factory is costing you nothing (shipping and handling?)

YOu could have put the gun in the safe and gone out and bought yourself another pistol to replace the defective one.

I understand the frustration you're going through. I had the same type of issue with a factory safety recall, but for the life of me, I cannot understand why everyone is so all fired quick to jump on the lawsuit wagon.

If you weren't injured by the gun malfunctioning and Springfield is fixing the gun for free, what's the problem? They're not getting it done in the time frame YOU want it done so you want to sue them? Good luck with that.
    How long has it been since you sent your gun back to Springfield? Over 1 month

How much is the repair costing you? Well if I have to go buy another gun, then approx. $500

Have you been physically injured due to the deficiency of the firearm? No, I thought I was doing the right thing by sending it in. However it is extremely concerning to me that I am unarmed in a bad neighborhood. I know this is not SA's problem that I cannot afford more than one but it is not my problem that they have a "Lifetime" Warranty that they will not honor either.

If the time frame that Springfield gave you for the repair was exorbitant, you could have chosen to take the gun to a local gunsmith for repair (i would assume) and then you would not have been without your gun for the unusual time frame. But that means you would have to pay gunsmith prices where as the repair by the factory is costing you nothing (shipping and handling?) This is not correct as they first stated they had a fix and it HAD to be done by them only. Then it was said that they did NOT have a fix.

YOu could have put the gun in the safe and gone out and bought yourself another pistol to replace the defective one. I shouldn't have to with owning a gun with a lifetime warranty. If it is defective, as they have obviously stated by issuing a recall, then a refund or replacement should be issued.

If you weren't injured by the gun malfunctioning and Springfield is fixing the gun for free, what's the problem? They're not getting it done in the time frame YOU want it done so you want to sue them? Good luck with that. The problem is that SA has deceitfully and intentionally misled their customers to believe that they actually had a fix when clearly they did not. Some people like myself do not have unlimited funds to "Go buy a new gun" when we bought what was supposed to be "The Best on the Market" already. So yes I do see a problem when a company shows that they care more about themselves than their customers. Their Lack of planning does not constitute a reason for me to go without a carry gun and I should not have to go buy another because they do not want to handle the situation in a timely manner or replace/refund my gun.

Quote Originally Posted by 3gunshooter View Post
    "If you weren't injured by the gun malfunctioning and Springfield is fixing the gun for free, what's the problem? They're not getting it done in the time frame YOU want it done so you want to sue them? Good luck with that."

That's the way people are now. Even some gun owners. I had a problem with my M1A after I got it, suing them never even came to mind.
    Your M1A was not on a recall and they didn't lie to you about the issue. This is completely different circumstances with the recall. Had they first stated they did not have a fix or that it would ultimately take a long period of time, I would have a complete different opinion of SA than I do now. As it stands I will never buy SA again.

7. It should be clarified that Springfield is referring to the repair/recall whatever as an " upgrade" I find it an odd term I assume there is some legal reason; It makes it sound like it is not as critical or defective

I am not a lawyer and I am unsure of the grounds for a lawsuit at this point. However I think if they were sued in Small Claims Court it would be an easy win. I think they would just give your money back. The last thing they would want are requested pertinent emails coming out in discovery, that might reflect badly on them depending on what the contain.

Go Seahawks!

Quit crying!! I sent mine in as soon as the VOLUNTARY recall came out. They never stated in the recall they had a fix. They are testing and making it safe. If you wouldn't of sent it in and you got hurt you would yell lawsuit. Let SA do the job right and get your panties out of a wad!!

I am not, because from what I read I knew it would be silly to send my firearm in so quickly. I'll wait till the return time is a week or so, or maybe I won't, I have never experienced the malfunction they are concerned about. Neither has my cousins or co workers.

So....I don't know why someone would sue...nor do I know why they would send their firearm in without researching first.

Sent from my HTCONE using USA Carry mobile app
    “One of the illusions of life is that the present hour is not the critical, decisive one.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson

Quote Originally Posted by rehalfacre View Post
    Quit crying!! I sent mine in as soon as the VOLUNTARY recall came out. They never stated in the recall they had a fix. They are testing and making it safe. If you wouldn't of sent it in and you got hurt you would yell lawsuit. Let SA do the job right and get your panties out of a wad!!
    +1. Agree with nosreme also, welcome to the new American way. And for Firefighterchen, the recall was voluntary, and they stated that no injuries had occurred from this possible malfunction. So the fact that you nor anyone else you know hasn't experienced it doesn't mean much. If my car manufacturer says that my braking or acceleration systems are subject to a recall to prevent a possible collision, I'm not going to wait until I experience something before letting the manufacturer take care of it.

I think its difficult for many of us to empathize in this situation. But, If I had only one gun and had spent my gun money on it, and it was now gone for who knows how long, I would be upset, frustrated, concerned, and angry.
    I lived in a really bad neighborhood for a few years. Let me tell you, the night time sounds are very different than in other neighborhoods and so are some of the daytime sounds.
    Gun shots, speeding cars, people running down the ally, police sirens up and down the street, screaming and yelling, the near by abandoned building being burnt to the ground, drug dealers on many corners, children in need of food and clothing roaming the neighborhoods alone.
    I can understand the concern and desire to have my firearm on hand.
    If you haven't lived it, you'll never understand it. If you have lived it and don't understand, then you have forgotten.
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state,
    the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast