Transport of Firearms to range - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Transport of Firearms to range

Quote Originally Posted by Dan13 View Post
    Thank all of you for your replies, I need to transport the firearms in question about 20 miles to the nearest range which belongs to the state of Ohio. I have already purchased the range permit, just don't want to run into trouble going there and coming home. I plan on working on my CCW as soon as possible.
    I don't know what is required for an Ohio CC permit but the Texas shooting requirements were all but a joke. The CC permit is mainly for self defense so the distances are short and the targets are human torso size. Add to that that we only had to score 70 or 75% and that makes for an very simple shooting exercise. I would not worry too much about practicing with the firearm to pass the test. You can spend time at home with an unloaded firearm getting familiar with the gun then go take the class and/or test. After you have the CC permit you can easily carry the gun to the range without worrying about how to transport the gun. I would get the permit as quickly as possible then get plenty of range time.

Last time I qualified was in 1972 as a rent -a-cop with a score of 97 out of 100, but that was a lot of years ago.

Depends entirely on your state laws. What is legal on one state isn't in others.

Sent from my ADR6400L using USA Carry mobile app
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” ― Steven Weinberg

Paul_of_TX - What you say about the CC requirements may well be true, but when you have a brand new gun that has yet to be fired, I don't know about you but I'd like to know that it fires and How it handles before I went to a class and made an ass of myself with a gun that might not shoot or that there may be something else wrong with it I don't like to go into anything blind I try to find out as much as I can before I get myself in a bunch of trouble, just like to be on the cautious side.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12