2200 fps 9mm ammo.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2200 fps 9mm ammo.

2200 fps 9mm ammo.

Mag Safe Ammo - Pre-Fragmented Saftey Ammunition Handcrafted In The USA I do NOT advocate the use of bullets made out of glue and birdshot pellets, but that does not change the fact that such velocities CAN be had (safely) Just because YOU never heard of it doesn't mean that it doesn't exist. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by thru View Post
    Mag Safe Ammo - Pre-Fragmented Saftey Ammunition Handcrafted In The USA I do NOT advocate the use of bullets made out of glue and birdshot pellets, but that does not change the fact that such velocities CAN be had (safely) Just because YOU never heard of it doesn't mean that it doesn't exist. :-)
    I never heard of glaser safety slugs either. I love your writing style, I can almost see your finger waving in my face. I would never have guessed you were a cop.

The only reason this is "safe" is because it's using a projectile that weighs only 45 grains. I will go ahead and say you WILL NOT get those velocities from a 9mm load that is within the more feasible weight department (115 to 147 grain) and you will NEVER achieve those velocities safely in any 9mm handgun with such a bullet.

So what? :-) Who says that you NEED such heavy bullet weights? Ever shot any critters with a .22 hornet rifle? Since the original bullets for the Hornet were a very blunt, sphp, they lost velocity very quickly,and only started at 2600 fps in the first place. But I can tell you that at 75 yds, where said Hornet 45 gr bullets are down to 2200 fps, they still hit a LOT harder than any 147 gr, 900 fps 9mm jhp does at 10 FEET, BELIEVE it. With a 45gr 9mm hollowpoint made out of aluminum rod on a lathe, (wanna BET that such bullets can't be be made, igno) with massive, conical hollowbase cavities, which are also split from the nose with a .008" thick slitting saw in a horizontal milling machine, break apart at impact and create 2 diverging wound channels, with the (relatively) hard, sharp cornered,unstable segments tumbling as they penetrate, causing the same amount of destruction as a jhp does. So you CAN get a "twofer". , plus adequate penetration. You just have to know HOW, that's all. Which, I grant, almost nobody does.

For the record, I have never been a cop. where did your little mind get THAT idea?

For the record, I have never been a cop. where did your little mind get THAT idea?
    I must have gotten the idea from your belligerent, over-bearing nature. Surely you would agree that is a reasonable assumption.

7. Quote Originally Posted by thru View Post
    With a 45gr 9mm hollowpoint made out of aluminum rod on a lathe, (wanna BET that such bullets can't be be made, igno) with massive, conical hollowbase cavities, which are also split from the nose with a .008" thick slitting saw in a horizontal milling machine, break apart at impact and create 2 diverging wound channels, with the (relatively) hard, sharp cornered,unstable segments tumbling as they penetrate, causing the same amount of destruction as a jhp does.
    Well this is not true. It violates one of the basic laws of physics. The damage a round entering a live being does is caused by the mass and the (Energy= Velocity x velocity x bullet weight/ divided by 450240 ) thus a round that splits it's mass must also follow this rule and by doing so will loose the majority of the energy by dividing. So while you will get two all be it short wound channels they will be far less effective then one intact EXPANDED mass. So this will cause less then HALF the damage the same weight and velocity that a intact round will.

You sure have the attitude of a overzealous know it all cop. However unlike them when proven wrong you can not arrest anyone.

ok, you hold up a fair sized dog or goat, I'll trip off a .460 Rowland from the Commander, 70 grs at 2300 fps, and you'll be perfectly safe, because you are SO SURE about your bs "laws" of physics. :-) I got a news flash for you pard, you'll probably get killed. :-) I understand that using a lathe and taking the trouble to slit a bullet is far beyond your level of interest/abiity. So why dont you just ADMIT that, instead of making up bs about a subject that you obviously know nothing about . This 460 load has 700 ft lbs. So each of the half/segments has 350 ft lbs, 35 grs at 2300 fps. The bullet has already penetrated the skin and ribs by the time it breaks apart. So it's got PLENTY of power to pierce that 6-7" thick critter and 3-4" of YOU. :-) the 356tsw load, in the 3" 9mm, 45 grs at 2200 fps, 500 ft lbs, has plenty of power to drive the pair of segments all the way to your spine, from the front. Each segment has the same power as a 158 gr lhp plus P load from a .38 snub.

Liberty USM4 Ultra Defense Ammunition. 50gr, 2000fps, no lead, hollow point in 9mm . Those that have tried it are unimpressed as such a light round may not properly operate your gun. You just turned your semi-auto into a bolt action slow gun. YMMV. Same applies to the round thru is talking about.
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Certified RSO
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider is chaos to the fly.

sorry, but you're wrong about that. All it takes for that "might not" to go away is to have your gun properly set up for the loads. Same as when you use wussy 185 gr target loads in a 1911. if you have springs for hot combat ammo in that gun, yes, you "might have" failures to function. :-) But that's not what the first poster complained about HE said that the segments wouldn't "penetrate deeply enough". Well, he's easily proven to be wrong, and so are you. The pocket 9's dont have anything like the slide mass of a normal belt gun in 9mm, so they dont need nearly as much recoil momentum to cycle. I've had Star Compacts and Browning P35's that cylced just fine with a 125 gr lrn cast bullet, at 800 fps.Same 10 factor recoil as 50 grs at 2000 fps.

sorry, but you're wrong about that. All it takes for that "might not" to go away is to have your gun properly set up for the loads. Same as when you use wussy 185 gr target loads in a 1911. if you have springs for hot combat ammo in that gun, yes, you "might have" failures to function. :-) But that's not what the first poster complained about HE said that the segments wouldn't "penetrate deeply enough". Well, he's easily proven to be wrong, and so are you. The pocket 9's dont have anything like the slide mass of a normal belt gun in 9mm, so they dont need nearly as much recoil momentum to cycle. I've had Star Compacts and Browning P35's that cylced just fine with a 125 gr lrn cast bullet, at 800 fps.Same 10 factor recoil as 50 grs at 2000 fps.
    If you have to change springs, you've just ruined the gun. I run anything from 185 to 230gr rounds in the 1911s without problems. Set up the 9mm to handle these less powerful loads and it is worthless for regular loads. And I shoot 9mm 115gr Remington ammo that flys out of the barrel at 1145fps and is non +P ammo. The 124gr JHP +P flys at 1200fps. So it will have far greater power than the measly 50gr stuff.
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Certified RSO
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider is chaos to the fly.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast