POSTED-No Tresspassing
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: POSTED-No Tresspassing

POSTED-No Tresspassing

This could be a Fish and Game question. Maybe someone out there would know this answer. In NH, what is the correct procedure to post up signs around Your property? While I'm still working on My shooting area in the back yard I'm going to be posting signs.......No Tresspassing, etc. and I need to know how far apart for signs to actually be legal. Is it 15' apart and no more than 6' high?? I know I can call the Fish and Game or Local but I thought I would post it here first incase anyone else had the same question in the back of their mind.
    Thnx.
    (All the above are MY opinions/suggestions ONLY....AND, I like to bust ball's, it's called having a sense of humor. In other words, no intent to offend anyone, so get over it)

I saw your post about the range in your backyard. Thats awesome! I wish I could have something like that. Best of luck with it. I have no clue about your question, I just wanted to say thumbs up to you for doing this!
    "Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum"

Quote Originally Posted by capo2186 View Post
    I saw your post about the range in your backyard. Thats awesome! I wish I could have something like that. Best of luck with it. I have no clue about your question, I just wanted to say thumbs up to you for doing this!
    Ditto!

Thnx a bunch! Once it is all finished it'll be nice. Still needs to be cleaned up and hopefully by next spring I'll have a roof over my head with a bench etc.
    As of right now I need to put up signs around the property just to cover my ***. I was told by a local lawyer, that I need to get signs up first thing. I heard something like 15' apart and no more than 6' high. I wanted to run it by people on this forum. I'm sure I'll get the answer anyway when I get home...........
    (All the above are MY opinions/suggestions ONLY....AND, I like to bust ball's, it's called having a sense of humor. In other words, no intent to offend anyone, so get over it)

I would be posting signs as quickly as possible just to cover yourself. Will you please update this with pictures once you have it all set up (the bench and roof)? I am very curious to see how it comes out. Best of luck man!

I hope I am as fortunate one day to get a personal range. I would be shooting every day!

Thanks!

~Capo~
    "Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum"

7. posting

Hi,

I'd suggest calling NH Fish and Game's law enforcement division, they can answer your questions and clarify any rules about posting. The number is 603-271-3127.

Liza Poinier
    NH Fish and Game

I have no idea about NH but I know from the past that in SC there is no absolute rule unless it has been changed recently. The co,,emt about saking Fish and Game would be a start but the laws on trespassing for hunting/fishing and keeping off property due to danger from a shooting range may be different.

In SC all land is posted automatically for hunting and fishing with or without signs. In other words if you are hunting on private property without permission you are trespassing whether it has been posted or not. Putting up the signs is just a reminder. I would have another talk with that lawyerfor more detail rather than taking the word fo an Internet bunch. You range may be considered an "Attractive Nuisance" and require a fence. Also check with your homeowners insurance to sww if you are covered there.

Best of luck and keep us informed.

Just spoke to Fish/Game (thnx Liza) for NH and was told: For the state of NH there is no law requiring You/Owner of property to put up a sign (No Trespassing; Keep Out; etc) if You're shooting on Your property. He did say though, that it is a good effort on your part to put "something" up of some sort, which I am going to do anyway! A No Trespassing; No Hunting; Keep Out, etc. signs are to placed no more than 300' apart, no more than 6' high and the BOLD lettering must be no less than 2". Any Other type sign/s must be placed no more than 100' apart with the owners name; address; phone#. All these signs have too be placed at certain area's also like gateway openings; paths, etc.
    So there you have it, there is no State law requiring you to post ANY sign/s if you're "shooting" on said property.
    Well, I guess I'm going to check to see how many I need and which ones.
    The noise ordinance I had mentioned in another post. I have already spoken to my abutting neighbor's who I told what I was doing and that I will limit my shooting time so as not to piss anyone off. They were all fine with this. I'm still going to have the Chief check it out so He can see that it is a Safe, Clean area (when I do have it cleared up) and that I have spoken to neighbor's about the noise. I think that as long as You communicate with your neighbors/Police there should not be problem. You just don't want to piss anyone off.
    Just to be clear on this again, this is a backyard shooting area for my Son and I. It is not a shooting range OR for outside public which there IS a difference.
    I hope this entire thing works out once it is finished. Yes, I will post photos as things get done (if no one minds). Right now I have to wait another month before I get the ecavator back here. If not it'll be back in the Spring.
    thnx.

Goof info there and about what I thought. There is a misconception that unless land it posted you can't be charged for trespassing. But I agree totally with you putting up signs.

Quote Originally Posted by Liza Poinier View Post
    Hi,

I'd suggest calling NH Fish and Game's law enforcement division, they can answer your questions and clarify any rules about posting. The number is 603-271-3127.

Liza Poinier
    NH Fish and Game
    Let me be the firstto welcome you to USA Carry, Liza Poinier. We could use someone with your expertise here.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast