How many Firearms do you carry on a regular basis? - Page 4

View Poll Results: How many Firearms do you carry on a regular basis?

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 is good enough for me...

23 54.76%
  • 2 is better than one...

15 35.71%
  • 3 "I'm Greedy" ...

2 4.76%
  • As many as I can before the weight tips me over...

2 4.76%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: How many Firearms do you carry on a regular basis?

Quote Originally Posted by wolf_fire View Post
    For what it's worth to you and others on the forums, I do not trust aftermarket magazines. I have had some good luck with them and I've had some bad luck with them. I have never had bad luck from a magazine from the original manufacturer. To save a couple of bucks (really how much do you save for an aftermarket mag) is not worth it when your life is on the line.

I also have at the ready a few extra mag springs that I have on hand so I can replace them immediately when I notice a mag isn't living up to its standards at the range.
    In my Kimbers I use and carry MecGar, great mags, in Glock only Glock. AR's ProMag, Hartford and a few others, but I do not cc ARs (Kidding of course).
    "Undocumented Second Amendment Supporter, fighting against suppression of mandatory background checks."

3. Quote Originally Posted by wolf_fire View Post
    For what it's worth to you and others on the forums, I do not trust aftermarket magazines. I have had some good luck with them and I've had some bad luck with them. I have never had bad luck from a magazine from the original manufacturer. To save a couple of bucks (really how much do you save for an aftermarket mag) is not worth it when your life is on the line.

I also have at the ready a few extra mag springs that I have on hand so I can replace them immediately when I notice a mag isn't living up to its standards at the range.
    Perhaps you misread my post. I didn't purchase an after market magazine. These were the brand new 3 mags that came with my new Gen 4 G33. What I purchased was 3 plus 2 mag base plates. The only ones the LGS had were some off brand, so I had them install them. When I had the malfunction due to that brand, I went to another store that had the Pearce plus 2's in stock and had them installed. Problem solved. I only use Glock OEM mags, and have never had any problems with them in any models of Glock pistols that I own and use.

Quote Originally Posted by MrGlock45 View Post
    Perhaps you misread my post. I didn't purchase an after market magazine. These were the brand new 3 mags that came with my new Gen 4 G33. What I purchased was 3 plus 2 mag base plates. The only ones the LGS had were some off brand, so I had them install them. When I had the malfunction due to that brand, I went to another store that had the Pearce plus 2's in stock and had them installed. Problem solved. I only use Glock OEM mags, and have never had any problems with them in any models of Glock pistols that I own and use.
    It would seem to me that if you replace the baseplate with an extended baseplate you would also need to replace the spring?
    Chief

Quote Originally Posted by wolf_fire View Post
    I'm picturing this with that statement:

http://www.guns.yfa1.ru/wp-content/u...rly-armed1.jpg

That pic made my day! Good one!

6. Quote Originally Posted by wolf_fire View Post

The only time I ever consider aftermarket magazines is for my 1911. I can't stand the fact that they come with 7 round magazines when people are consistently making magazines of the same size to hold the extra round. I always buy aftermarket 8 rounders.

How many Firearms do you carry on a regular basis?

I use brands I know I can trust. For Glocks, the only brand I have full faith in is glock factory mags. The Korean knockoffs are horrible. For 1911s I use Wilson combat and for ARs, Magpul. I've seen nothing but bad things from Promag. Most of my other handguns are for range use and don't get carried that often so I haven't seen a point to invest in more mags.

8. Quote Originally Posted by whodat2710 View Post
    It would seem to me that if you replace the baseplate with an extended baseplate you would also need to replace the spring?
    No, it isn't necessary to replace the spring when you add a plus 2 base plate to the OEM mags. In the G33 the plus 2 is really only a plus 1. The store where I had purchased the G33 didn't have the Pearce brand. They are what I wanted and in fact are $3.00 less expensive than the off brand ones were...lol I have used these on other baby Glocks and have never had any problem. I don't even know what brand the ones that the LGS had installed, since they only came in a small plastic bag with no label.
    If the extended base plate were adding 4 or 5 extra rounds, then I would make the same assumption that a longer/stronger spring would be needed.

As always, stay safe.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234