tell me of a CA, wherein a CIVILIAN, in the US since the advent of the 1911
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: tell me of a CA, wherein a CIVILIAN, in the US since the advent of the 1911

  1. #1

    tell me of a CA, wherein a CIVILIAN, in the US since the advent of the 1911

    (case, that is, sorry, can't edit the title line)was FORCED to (not chose to) engage an attacker with a handgun, at more than 10 yds of range (and who also survived having to do so, by more than pure luck, or use of cover). By luck, I mean other people intervening, The attacker being already wounded or completely inept in the first place, weather conditions, etc, favoring the defender(but obviously, COULD have been otherwise).

    While you are at it, do the same for a civilian in the US, same time frame, being FORCED to actually HIT with handgun bullets, more than 2 guys in a given incident (and still surviving the encounter, by other than luck. You will long LONG AND HARD before you find such cases, I promise you! :-) And for every such case that you find, I will show you 20 that were inside 10 ft, and 10 that were inside 6 ft, and 10 that had only one attacker, and 10 cases to your one where the attacker fled or surrendered without having to be shot.

    you need to be practicing extreme speed of ccw draw, so that you don't have to fire at all, and if you shoot, make if very fast shooting, inside 10 ft, and don't bother with more than 2 targets, and most of the time, just one target. Cause there's no point in practicing what you won't need. Time and money spent on bs cant' be spent on realistic stuff. We all have to prioritize in this life. the "swat" stuff is for cops, or if it DOES apply to you, you'd better have a military stye autorifle. So that is what you practice such things with, not your ccw pistol. :-)

  2.   
  3. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Hog Jaw, Arkansas
    Posts
    2,275
    Howdy,

    WTF?!?!?!?

    "extreme speed of ccw draw"

    I hate to be the bearer of bad news but you have already posted that you were in your 60's and do you really think that "extreme speed" for a +60yo will be the same "extreme speed" of a skinny football playing 17yo wannabe gangbanger?

    Paul
    I'm so Liberal that I work at the Bill and Hillary Clinton Regional Airport!

  4. You practice at longer range than you need to function at. Practice at 50 yards and 25 seems REALLY close.

  5. #4
    Since you can plan on performing at only 50 – 75% of your capability during a time of stress, I wold much rather practice for the possible rather than the probable. That way when the probably does happen, I should be able to handle it even with degraded performance.

    After all, based on your logic, since I can show you 50+ people who have never needed any kind of self defense for every one that did, you shouldn't have to train at all.

    After all, “there's no point in practicing what you won't need”.

    Well, I would rather prepare and not need those preparations than not prepare and fall short.

    Practicing at 10 yards, 20 yards or even 50 yards is not “SWAT” stuff. It's just prudent practice to keep a perishable skill from suffering.

    As far as practicing your draw, I do agree with that. But I also think that if I can hit 5 targets on the range in a simulated scenario, I am much more likely to be able to hit one single target on the street than I would be if I only worked up to the ability to hit one target on the range.

    Always try to practice to a higher level than you think you will actually need.

    And no, this is not the opinion of an inexperienced kid, and yes it is based on experience.

  6. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Stengun View Post
    Howdy,

    WTF?!?!?!?

    "extreme speed of ccw draw"

    I hate to be the bearer of bad news but you have already posted that you were in your 60's and do you really think that "extreme speed" for a +60yo will be the same "extreme speed" of a skinny football playing 17yo wannabe gangbanger?

    Paul
    "thru" really thinks that his "extreme speed" at 60+ years old is far superior to EVERYONE else. According to him, just being in the presence of his greatness and the sound of his voice causes most people to "short circuit" because they aren't intelligent enough to grasp even a fraction of his limitless wisdom. You can also see this effect in his posts about how the awesomeness of your draw should be enough to cause the bad guy to faint on the spot. "thru" reminds me of Herod, the character played by Gene Hackman, in the movie "The Quick and the Dead".
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

  7. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by thru View Post
    (case, that is, sorry, can't edit the title line)was FORCED to (not chose to) engage an attacker with a handgun, at more than 10 yds of range (and who also survived having to do so, by more than pure luck, or use of cover). By luck, I mean other people intervening, The attacker being already wounded or completely inept in the first place, weather conditions, etc, favoring the defender(but obviously, COULD have been otherwise).

    While you are at it, do the same for a civilian in the US, same time frame, being FORCED to actually HIT with handgun bullets, more than 2 guys in a given incident (and still surviving the encounter, by other than luck. You will long LONG AND HARD before you find such cases, I promise you! :-) And for every such case that you find, I will show you 20 that were inside 10 ft, and 10 that were inside 6 ft, and 10 that had only one attacker, and 10 cases to your one where the attacker fled or surrendered without having to be shot.

    you need to be practicing extreme speed of ccw draw, so that you don't have to fire at all, and if you shoot, make if very fast shooting, inside 10 ft, and don't bother with more than 2 targets, and most of the time, just one target. Cause there's no point in practicing what you won't need. Time and money spent on bs cant' be spent on realistic stuff. We all have to prioritize in this life. the "swat" stuff is for cops, or if it DOES apply to you, you'd better have a military stye autorifle. So that is what you practice such things with, not your ccw pistol. :-)
    What a fantasy. You are clueless. I hope no newbies follow your advice, it's a recipe for disaster. Your writing looks more like a 15 y/o than a +60 y/o.
    War to the Knife, Knife to the hilt.
    If we don't want to live in a trashy area, we all have to be willing to help pick up the trash.

  8. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by fudo View Post
    What a fantasy. You are clueless. I hope no newbies follow your advice, it's a recipe for disaster. Your writing looks more like a 15 y/o than a +60 y/o.
    I think we'll be all right... I'm pretty new and I'm not sure what he's talking about half the time. (And no, I'm not stupid.) No wonder all his students "short circuit." Out of the above, about all I got was "practice your draw." I'm good with that.
    Modern Whig
    "Government is not meant to burden Liberty but rather to secure it." -T.J. O'Hara

  9. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    2,072
    I'm thinking that someone might be hitting the sauce just a little too much... Jus' sayin'...


    I used to be a government-educated stooge. By the grace of God, I repent. -Robert Burris

  10. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    18
    I didn't even understand what the heck that was all about. I could not follow one coherent thought to another in that post and I feel like there was nothing cohesive in there that resembled anything close to a sensible argument.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast