Interesting Night - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Interesting Night

Quote Originally Posted by whodat2710 View Post
    Well, get in touch with someone on the base (Ombudsman or something) and ask if there is anyone that could help with a quick handyman project. Lots of people would be glad to help out while the hubby is deployed, we would all like to think that the favor would be returned when it's our turn to deploy. With a tape measure and center punch to make sure the drill bit stays put it's a 10 minute job, tops.
    I'll probably do it myself... I'm pretty handy, just not exact with measurements! I'll figure something out; I've already installed my own alarm system! He can deal until he's stationed stateside again.

And I don't count with the base here... he's not deployed, he's actually stationed in Bahrain and not attached to the command nearby. There's people I could call if I really needed help with something, I just don't like to do that. After my husband left, it turns out all my friends were actually his, and I haven't heard from them since. I won't hang out with someone who's just doing it because they feel sorry for me, I'd just wind up feeling worse. Kinda sad, really... my husband was the guy that always looked after the families of anyone deployed.
    Modern Whig
    "Government is not meant to burden Liberty but rather to secure it." -T.J. O'Hara

Quote Originally Posted by telpinaro View Post
    I'll probably do it myself... I'm pretty handy, just not exact with measurements! I'll figure something out; I've already installed my own alarm system! He can deal until he's stationed stateside again.

And I don't count with the base here... he's not deployed, he's actually stationed in Bahrain and not attached to the command nearby. There's people I could call if I really needed help with something, I just don't like to do that. After my husband left, it turns out all my friends were actually his, and I haven't heard from them since. I won't hang out with someone who's just doing it because they feel sorry for me, I'd just wind up feeling worse. Kinda sad, really... my husband was the guy that always looked after the families of anyone deployed.
    They weren't very good friends of his either if they can't look in on you now and then while he's gone...without being asked. Just my opinion.
    Do Not Meddle In The Affairs Of Dragons ~ For You Are Crunchy And Good With Ketchup

Quote Originally Posted by Peggy Reist View Post
    They weren't very good friends of his either if they can't look in on you now and then while he's gone...without being asked. Just my opinion.
    He agrees with you!
    Modern Whig
    "Government is not meant to burden Liberty but rather to secure it." -T.J. O'Hara

Quote Originally Posted by telpinaro View Post
    Reading this post it occurred to me... I don't even have a peep hole in my front door. I'd been toying the idea with of some sort of camera and monitor because that would be a whole lot easier for me to install (better with electronics than carpentry - plus if I make anything slightly off-centered my husband would go nuts!), but I don't have a huge budget. Does anyone have any ideas? Nothing fancy, just a way to make sure that is the UPS guy outside.
    Check out Foscam, cheap will alarm on you computer and send video to phone. I use this, alarm, dog and Shotgun or pistol.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234