Have you ever had to draw your firearm in self defense? - Have you had to fire it? - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Have you ever had to draw your firearm in self defense? - Have you had to fire it?

Multiple times, mostly at work, but a few times on the civilian side, shooting right around the corner of my house, went to investigate the yelling, the "shooter" I assume was the one approaching me about calling the cops, I drew my weapon, informed dispatch and the persons fled. Did not have to fire.
    Work on the other hand, too many stories. None of which I have had to fire.
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier....One died for your soul; the other for your freedom.

Have you ever had to draw your firearm in self defense? - Have you had to fire it?

Never on the civilian side, but several times while at work. Only had to fire once while at work and luckily that was just to dispatch a deer that jumped out in front me and messed up my patrol car pretty good =\

military's a whole another story..

Quote Originally Posted by Caribou View Post
    I understand that it is tempting to get the information from those that have been there. Unfortunately, anyone that has been in a self defense shooting will have that hanging over their heads for the rest of their life. It is a very poor legal plan to discuss these shootings in a public forum of any kind.
    After it's over and done with and any possible charges or suits have been settled? I don't see how..

Caribou.....
    The wonderful thing about a forum like this is anonymity.
    I apologize if I have offended you in some way by asking for members stories. I did not ask for names and or exact locations, only good reading material. As far as the legality of it. If someone is truly on the borderline of prosecution for their involvement in some sort of situation, I highly doubt they would come fourth with enhanced details of their case. Thanx

Blog Entries
    Just once but not because of a BG. About 4 months ago, I had been in a meeting earlier in the day and had locked my EDC In my truck. Got home a little early that afternoon and decided that I was going to clean it this day so when I took it out of the lock box I unloaded the round in the chamber and put the gun and holster back on my hip so my hands were free for the other things I needed to carry. I had remembered that I had wanted to check the garden out back before I got to the paper work for the day so I after setting everything down I walked out back. As I walked in to the back yard I could hear one of my neighbors out back as well working in his yard. As I got closer to the back fence and my garden I could hear a dog barking. As it turns out it was my neighbors son who was working in the yard and had brought his dog with him this time (he's from out of state) the dog approached the back fence and was barking at me. Looked like a pit bull mix about sixty pounds or so. I was growing irritated that this dog wouldn't shut up and the owner was doing nothing to stand the dog down. Well I continued with my garden inspection and the dog persisted, I was about 30 feet from it. I heard the fence rattle and looked up and saw the dog with the front paws half way up the fence, I did hear the neighbor call the dog at this point but the dog kept it up. The second time I heard the fence rattle I looked up and the dog had the front paws on top of the fence and hind legs were half way up the fence. I thought holy s*** this dog wants a piece of my *****. I drew my pistol and racked a round, I suspect and had hoped the neighbor would hear it becuase I hadn't even started raising the pistol to aim when I heard this guy say and I quote " HEY, HEY, Wait a Minute" and then he started calling his dog with a little more concern. I had no intentions on firing until it was on my side of the fence and a little closer to me. The Dog jumped off the fence and I heard the guy yell something and then heard the dog yelp, funny thing I haven't seen the dog over there since. I think the whole thing is funny now but I was a little nervous at the time as I was bitten by a shepard several years ago and it wasn't much fun. A threat is a threat and can come from man or beast, at least I saw it coming this time and was fully prepared.

I was in Los Angeles for business, I had a lot of stops to make. I "persuaded" a cabbie to drive me around for the whole night. On one stop in particular the cabbie let himself get robbed as he was parked in an alley while I was inside the office. Unfortunately I had left my briefcase in the back of the cab. As I exited the building, I saw the two robbers walking away with my briefcase and called out to them "Yo hommie, that my briefcase?" They both turned back toward me. The one on the left said "Yeah, it is" as he presented a gun in the traditional "kill shot" position and sarcastically asked if I wanted it back. The second robber placed his right hand under his shirt at his waistband as he started walking toward me. Robber #1 demanded my wallet, I put my hands up to the surrender position. As he approached to withing 1 arms distance asking what else I had for him while sticking his gun in my face I was able to quickly parry his gun and with extreme speed of the CCW draw I was able to engage robber #1 with two shots to the torso. As I engaged robber #1, robber #2 attempted to draw his gun, I indexed my sight picture over to him at dead center mass and engaged with the classic Mozambique drill. I then retrieved my briefcase, dispatched robber #1 with a coup de grace and then when back to work. I had lots of stops to make. No wait; this is from the movie "Collateral".
    Steady gun, sight reference, trigger control.

The Great State of Texas "Remember the Alamo"
    Quote Originally Posted by DILLIGAF View Post
    Have You Ever Had To Draw Your Firearm In Self Defense? - Have You Had To Fire It?

We have all heard stories before, on the news, in books, and in the movies. I wanted to start a thread where real people that we all, "know" (on a username basis) might be inclined to share their real life stories and outcomes for us all to read. Thank you all for your participation in advance.

"My Reflex Sight Doesn't See Color Or Religion, Only Targets And Victims"
    Yes, I have drawn a sidearm in self-defense on a total of 4 different occasion's over a period of approx. 27 year's.

I did fire a sidearm on one of the occasion's...

I struck the perp in his left shoulder after he robbed me inside of my uncle's liquor store.
    He fled the scene with his getaway driver in a pickup truck, but was later arrested at the hospital.
    Fascist's are Magicians...They can make our Property, our Freedom's & even our Children 'Disappear'.
    ~Outlaw~

Quote Originally Posted by Caribou View Post
    I understand that it is tempting to get the information from those that have been there. Unfortunately, anyone that has been in a self defense shooting will have that hanging over their heads for the rest of their life. It is a very poor legal plan to discuss these shootings in a public forum of any kind.
    Good advice. That is why I gave no details in post #2. After 3 decades, there are still some folks that would like me to stop sucking oxygen.

There is no such thing as total anonymity on the internet.

gee, it's SUCH a strain to read a post above mine and realize that's what I'm talking about. What I said is applicable to the OP, too. If you gotta be led by your little hand, I aint your guy. Sorry about that.

Quote Originally Posted by thru View Post
    gee, it's SUCH a strain to read a post above mine and realize that's what I'm talking about. What I said is applicable to the OP, too. If you gotta be led by your little hand, I aint your guy. Sorry about that.
    You ain't anybody's guy. And you type like you have Downs.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast