Have you ever had to draw your firearm in self defense? - Have you had to fire it? - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Have you ever had to draw your firearm in self defense? - Have you had to fire it?

Quote Originally Posted by CoolClownFish View Post
    I have heard of this happening. Never a good situation when your put in that position. I'm glad it turned out good for you.
    Thanks. I've thought about that day often over the 25 years since it happened. It's the main reason I got a concealed carry permit and NEVER travel or go about unarmed.
    NRA Life Member
    NRA Certified Instructor (Pistol & Personal Defense in the Home)
    North Carolina Concealed Carry Instructor

One time, I had only ONE rd of .22lr. I was 17, went squirrel hunting anyway. I missed, was walking home, alongside of a road, winchester M67 single shot over my shoulder. A pair of guys came past me in their car. The guy in the back seat flung open the door, missing my arm about 1 inch. 40 mph or so, now. I knew them both, a pair of (white, rural midwest) brothers. They went to the only high school in that town, with me. They knew that I also owned a 1911. I confronted one of them at school, and told him that if I saw their car on that road again, I'd pump it full of .45's. I never saw it, so I guess that they took the warning " to heart". Good thing, 'cause I meant it. Scum is found in rural areas, too, and they are often more tempted to act, because they know that any police response, indeed, anyone at ALL noticing, is unlikely/slow. After that, I always ccw'd, and I walk on the other side of the road.

Quote Originally Posted by thru View Post
    gee, it's SUCH a strain to read a post above mine and realize that's what I'm talking about. What I said is applicable to the OP, too. If you gotta be led by your little hand, I aint your guy. Sorry about that.
    You do realize there are two buttons with which to reply with. One is called "reply", one is "reply with quote". If you are responding to the OP, then it's not necessary to hit "reply to quote". If you are responding to someone else, then it is very necessary.

However, with your absolutely egregious typing skills and horrendous grammar, no one could be led by the hand to understand half the stuff you are posting.

You have mentioned you think quickly and type fast. I think extremely quickly and have 65 wpm typing skills. But I also re-check my posts so that they are legible, because after all, the point of posting is to have a free exchange of thoughts and ideas. When those thoughts and ideas are as muddled up as your posts are, they are just burdensome. No one needs to take me by the hand, and I'm certainly not asking for it. But you are a self-pronounced expert and if this is true, then I would think typing more clearly so people could actually figure out what is you are trying to say would be something you would want to do. But if all you want to do is type with reprehensible grammar, syntax, punctuation and cohesive thought, hey that's your business I guess. But it would be a shame that all these people on the forum, whom you could help with your 48ish years of experience and who has rubbed elbows with some the greatest legends in shooting, can't be helped because they can't understand a blessed thing you type.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

5. Quote Originally Posted by Pir8fan View Post
    I've drawn it but, thank God, I didn't have to fire it. Happened while stopped on the side of the interstate. Two dirtbags pulled up behind me, got out of their car and started coming towards me. They also started flanking me. I told them to back off but they kept coming. I aimed my .357 at the closest one and they decided to take off. A few miles up the road, a Highway Patrol guy had them pulled over. I stopped and told the trooper what had happened. He told me they had just been arrested for robbing another guy before they stopped at me.
    This happens quite often in New Orleans area. They come up offering to help until they understand you don't want their help. Happened to me over twenty years ago.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

ezkl2230 Guest
    Twice, Mossberg 500 both times, no shots fired.

One time turned out to be one of my room mates, who, after months of inconsiderately coming in from work at 0 dark-thirty slamming doors and clomping around in his work boots, decided to be courteous. Only problem was, I had gotten used to his rudeness by that time. The night he decide to join the civilized world, I wasn't ready for the change and thought someone had jimmied the lock and snuck in. He found himself on the wrong end of my Mossberg, alerted in the dark by the distinctive sound of a round being jacked into the chamber.

The other time was while living in a house I helped my folks gut and renovate. It had been a flophouse once upon a time, and one of the former squatters didn't take kindly losing his crash pad. I was alerted to his presence on the property and made sure he understood that my Mossberg and I were ready to deal with him. He went off to find another place to crash, and we never had any more trouble with him. No words were spoken, the mere sight of my shotgun sent a message that he even understood while trippin'.

Quote Originally Posted by Nukeranger View Post
    This happens quite often in New Orleans area. They come up offering to help until they understand you don't want their help. Happened to me over twenty years ago.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    These dirtbags said they were looking for directions to I-85. We were on I-85.
    NRA Life Member
    NRA Certified Instructor (Pistol & Personal Defense in the Home)
    North Carolina Concealed Carry Instructor

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234