Question on range bags
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question on range bags

Question on range bags

What do you use for range bags? I have noticed that the prices on some of them are pretty steep. The reason I ask is I remembered today that I had a brand new cloth Black and Decker tool bag in my shop, I found the it will hold my gun in its case, hearing muffs, eye protection x2, my gun holster, several boxes of different caliber ammo, and a spray can of bore cleaner with pockets for other things, will zip shut and still doesn't need wheels to move it around. Really just wondered if anyone else used anything like this.

Sounds good to me. I just bought a small, $30 Three Peaks (or whatever brand it is) bag. It's not big but it fits what I need it to.
    Modern Whig
    "Government is not meant to burden Liberty but rather to secure it." -T.J. O'Hara

I have 2 voodoo tactical bags. They re great ans a super value at $45. I use one for hand guns and one for long guns.
    NRA Life Member
    NRA Certified Instructor (Pistol & Personal Defense in the Home)
    North Carolina Concealed Carry Instructor

Question on range bags

I use whatever fits the things I need to carry
    Guns.??? What Guns???

I usually use a 5.11 duffle bag, I usually bring several kinds of Ear pro, several pairs of eye pro and my weapons, ammo and cleaning supplies. I also carry a small medical kit, just in case. Yours sounds pretty good to me though.
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier....One died for your soul; the other for your freedom.

Thank you all for your response hadn't thought about a small first aid kit but after watching the video of the guy who shoot himself should have been a first thought. also glad to hear that you think the bag I have is Okay, being Black and Decker who would think it contained a gun.

In Yuma I just load everything in the back of the Jeep. Then back up to the covered shooting benches. They have an awesome free range out there, bring your own targets and pick up your mess.
    Summer hobby is boating on the Bay and Lake Michigan.
    Winter hobby is driving that Jeep off the sides of mountains.

I seem to grow into whatever I have. Started with a small vinyl bag I got when I taught diving. Bought the wife a "Winchester" range bag at Wal-Mart. Slightly bigger, much sturdier. Later, bought a Drago backpack. It's full now with two sets of muffs, one passive, one active, several packs of cheap ear plugs, binoculars, mag loader, Sharpie, stapler, box of staples, safety glasses, a small pack of 8" targets, gloves, a first aid kit in a MOLLE bag attached to the front, a dump bag for brass attached to one side with MOLLE straps, ammo and probably a small item or two I've forgotten. If the AR's go to the range that's a whole 'nother bag. The wife generously lets me carry her AR, too. Also a Drago with pouches for several 30 round mags.

I've known guys to spend a fortune on range bags and I've known of one guy that uses a 5 gallon bucket with a tool bag that fits the bucket. Where tools go, he puts mags. The bucket itself he puts ammo and his handgun cases. Other gear he stows in large compartments.
    This is similar to what he uses. I thought this was a cool idea.

https://www.google.com/shopping/prod...CJcCEKYrMAo4FA
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

I use a midway usa large range bag. It had multiple large pouches on the outside, interior pockets and a lift out bag that is great to use for ammo. It was pretty cheap.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 4
    Time to add FireMarshall Bill to the block list.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast